Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Ohio

Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #201
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRW8 View Post
you guys are gonna make me bring out the xj for a tacoma meet. i can't even go over a speed bump in the xrunner
Nah, just go real fast. You'll be cool.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #202
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
Figured, that's why most people go to Lima. I attended school there for the automotive program, the high performance program, and custom engine machining. It was very hands on and informative. Try and find a rental place off campus because it is way cheaper. Although my old truck got broken into while down there, that's not uncommon. More than likely you see some people do some really dumb stuff in class or done to their vehicle.
Yea, I've already decided I would much rather be in an apartment. I can't handle living with all these goofy fuckers from Michigan.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #203
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
Yea, I've already decided I would much rather be in an apartment. I can't handle living with all these goofy fuckers from Michigan.
Haha.

Who's been down to Bogarts in Cincy, anyone? Rach and I are headed down there next month to catch Chevelle.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #204
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post

Or all the hillbilly rednecks with big ass diesel trucks their dads got them. I know what you mean. Hopefully you don't get in a accident with someone from Michigan because their insurance laws are different. They themselves can be covered but their insurance won't necessarily cover you if they are at fault. It's some BS on how it all works so people can get the bare minimum coverage.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #205

What a day. What a day.

The fun part of today: Getting to replace the rear end in a 94 Toyota Truck. One of the old little 5 lugs. Incredibly smooth job. Couldn't say that for the stupid Exploder I had down in my other bay.

Took longer to put valve cover gaskets on a Exploder than it did to remove/install a rear end in a truck. This is why I love Toyota.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #206

PA/NJ group is rounding up trucks for a late April Rausch Creek meet/run.

I went out last october and had a great time. Anyone who could make the 7 hour trip there, it's very worth it.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #207

More exciting Sunday than usual. Did the typical Rachael's mom house thing. I went shopping in her dead grandpa's little tool area. Her mom don't care, stuffs been sitting down there for years and no one's touched it.

Got some good stuff today. Taps/Die set. Riveter (in great condition), couple C clamps, 1" wrench, An awesome punch set, set in a wooden holder. A big punch set. Drum brake adjuster. Also found some copper and brass to add to my scrap pile. Found this really cool old fire spoon or something. It's quite large, thought it'd make a good decoration.

Also found a tire pressure check/deflator. Exactly like what I wanted for wheeling trips, nothing fancy. I'm seriously to cheap to go buy one. Giddy over this find.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #208
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that the spoon is a smelting spoon. You could put lead in it over a hot fire and then pour it out into molds for lead balls or other stuff.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
I believe that the spoon is a smelting spoon. You could put lead in it over a hot fire and then pour it out into molds for lead balls or other stuff.
Yeah, definitley an old Blacksmith ladle. I put it up on Craigslist, see if I can sell it, what the hell. If not, I grabbed it as a decoration anyway, so I'll keep it and use it as such.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #210
JakeyWakey will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 121st SFS
Name: Jake
JakeyWakey's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't posted in a while, switching jobs is a pain in the ass..

But well worth it since I'm going full time military!

MORE MONEY FOR TRUCK STUFFS AND THINGYS
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #211
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
What branch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeyWakey View Post
Haven't posted in a while, switching jobs is a pain in the ass..

But well worth it since I'm going full time military!

MORE MONEY FOR TRUCK STUFFS AND THINGYS
Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #212
JakeyWakey will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 121st SFS
Name: Jake
JakeyWakey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrosado View Post
What branch
Air National Guard, been in since 2009.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #213

Insane last 2 weeks, haven't been super active, had a ton of personal shit to deal with and fix.

So...I quit my job last week. Just never really went back in, other things were involved but just never went back. Company in general was a fucking joke so I'm glad to be out. So tired of never getting off work when I was scheduled and getting home an hour, two hours late. Cars shoved down your throat all day from managers to goddamn worried about their numbers.

Managed to some how luck into the almost perfect situation.

Job hunting, stop back home one afternoon and check craigslist and find a couple leads. Call a guy who posted an ad, go out and talk with him....wants to do a "working interview"....

Spent this past week in a "working interview". Got told I could hang around for the haul if I wanted yesterday. So now..about this place...

It's a private shop, the owner is out working on big ass diesel trucks and there are 2 other techs, 1 guy who's much better than me and 1 kid who I think I'm a little further ahead of.

My working schedule?

Monday through Friday.

8am - 5pm (shop hours)

No Fucking weekends.....they are totally closed Sat/Sun.

I can have a real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #214
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
Good for u man hope it works out
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Well, are you making a return trip this April? I will be there again, sure would be nice to represent, come on OHIO.
I'm really not sure. If I can make it, I'll be there.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #217
OVRW8 is on a distinguished road
OVRW8's Tacoma Gallery
warm weather gets here and the posts completely stop
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRW8 View Post
warm weather gets here and the posts completely stop
Hahaha.

I've just kind of started BSing most of my time in my build thread. More than welcome to come on over and BS in there if ya want, Kmok and I have filled up 4 pages of junk.

Why haven't we met up and hung out for a minute? Lifted 5 lug next to the X You're like 30 seconds down the street

I'll PM you my #.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #219
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Heading to Hocking hills in a few weeks for some camping, hiking, and some much needed relaxation. Anyone from this area?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
Heading to Hocking hills in a few weeks for some camping, hiking, and some much needed relaxation. Anyone from this area?
No shit?

We're headed down to Lake Hope the 31st thru the 2nd.