Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Ohio

Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #41
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRW8 View Post
i stay over on smokey row and hard part time and mount vernon part time, its a small world quaker
Your XR isin't speedway blue is it?? (if it is, were you driving over by The Anderson's not long ago? Would have been around 7:10 in the evening or so.)

Even smaller world...I know Mt Vernon well. My folks live up in Apple Valley.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #42
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
anyone know of any good places in central ohio to get DOM steel tubing for a decent price?
Try "Gingway Products"

Out in Plain City, 10 minutes north of dublin. Where I went and had my bumper stuff done at. You'd want to talk with Russell. Tell him the idiot with the bumpers sent you.

They have all kinds of steel and steel tubing. Not sure what DOM is.

And good lord, you're both still logged in...3:45A.M
Old 09-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #43
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Your XR isin't speedway blue is it?? (if it is, were you driving over by The Anderson's not long ago? Would have been around 7:10 in the evening or so.)

Even smaller world...I know Mt Vernon well. My folks live up in Apple Valley.
VERY small world, bc I ordered my tube steel from Mt Vernon Steel!

I live about ten minutes from Mt Vernon, and they could get the tubing this next week.

Post pics of your bumpers Quaker!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
Post pics of your bumpers Quaker!
There rear is viewable in my build thread.

The front...I'm waiting until I get my lift until I "reveal" the new look of the truck all together. Front Tube bumper, repainted wheels, lift. I get my AALs tomorrow!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #45
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There rear is viewable in my build thread.

The front...I'm waiting until I get my lift until I "reveal" the new look of the truck all together. Front Tube bumper, repainted wheels, lift. I get my AALs tomorrow!!!
And I could of seen it in person! Sorry I didn't get to stop by. We are still here tonight we take off in the morning. We had a pretty busy weekend and sounded like you had to work most of it. We stay here every year and next year I will have the taco so we will have to plan a small meet and greet or something.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
And I could of seen it in person! Sorry I didn't get to stop by. We are still here tonight we take off in the morning. We had a pretty busy weekend and sounded like you had to work most of it. We stay here every year and next year I will have the taco so we will have to plan a small meet and greet or something.
All good. I was at another shop a good portion of Saturday afternoon anyways. Weather was fantastic for the weekend though. Hope everyone had a good time!

Oh yeah...the Manager of the shop I was at...Drove a Tacoma, 1st gen...lifted...(on spacers, haha)....total Douchebag. Your lift is embaressing, punk.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #47
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you guys close to the London area? I just moved here and don't know a sole.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkTaco View Post
Any of you guys close to the London area? I just moved here and don't know a sole.
London is not to far from Columbus. Within/about an hour.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #49
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All good. I was at another shop a good portion of Saturday afternoon anyways. Weather was fantastic for the weekend though. Hope everyone had a good time!

Oh yeah...the Manager of the shop I was at...Drove a Tacoma, 1st gen...lifted...(on spacers, haha)....total Douchebag. Your lift is embaressing, punk.
Yeah the weather was awesome and we all had a great time. I hope you told him to log onto TW and see the right way to mod his truck!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
Yeah the weather was awesome and we all had a great time. I hope you told him to log onto TW and see the right way to mod his truck!
Naw, fugg that douche-canoe.

It was apparently my fault a hub was seized inside a rear wheel bearing off an explorer. Damn thing wouldn't even budge with full pressure from a 25 Ton press. Oh yeah, the hub the manager at my "home" shop already jacked up with an air hammer.

We had a fire last night, it was very enjoyable.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #51
OVRW8 is on a distinguished road
OVRW8's Tacoma Gallery
swb xrunner is me. as of right now completely stock other than modified trd shifter
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #52
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
hows the weather up you’re all’s way? starting to cool off some down here. can’t wait for fall and winter.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #53
OVRW8's Tacoma Gallery
highs of 75 to 80 lows of 40 to 45. u guys have 4x4 tacomas to drive in winter, the xrunner is gonna get parked i've been workin on a jeep xj beater for snow time
Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #54

Rach and I have been wondering if winter will be a bitch this year. Mid-september and lows down in the 40s. Supposed to be 65 of tuedsay, 65. The days are feeling great. Chilly willy in the morn and a nice warm up through the day.

Football, chicken and noodles...and fire weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get my AALs today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they don't sit around in the shop to long before I can put them on!!!!

Also supposed to be getting a Toyota Brush Guard. Story: Co-worker is dating a woman who owns a farm. She apparently has a "Toyota brush guard" No idea about it other than that. Wanted to know if I wanted it...hell yeah I'll take it, at worst I can sell the damn thing and get some mod money, papa needs rear shocks still.

ORV,
If you haven't viewed my build thread, here is pic of my truck. Keep an eye out and I'll do the same. Honk if we should cross paths! Bumper is gone and been replaced with a tube bumper, it's incredibly easy to spot.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #55
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nice. we are staying right around 80 for highs, lows down to around 58 or 60.

i have ben looking on a TN weather forum. and everything they are saying, is it’s suppose to be bad for all of the eastern states.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
nice. we are staying right around 80 for highs, lows down to around 58 or 60.

i have ben looking on a TN weather forum. and everything they are saying, is its suppose to be bad for all of the eastern states.
Blizzard!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #57
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Blizzard!!!!!!!!
i hope. lol. im down in the valley, right along I-75. and we dont get much snow dusting to maybe 3 or 4 inches most the time. but i think 09/10 and 10/11 we got up to about 6" or 7 at my house. but way back in march of 93 i think the valley got 6 to a foot. everything shut down! dad got called in to work, to help stranded motorists.

dad works for TWRA. since they all have 4x4 and winches they got called out.

i dont remember any of it! i was only like 14 months old.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i hope. lol. im down in the valley, right along I-75. and we dont get much snow dusting to maybe 3 or 4 inches most the time. but i think 09/10 and 10/11 we got up to about 6" or 7 at my house. but way back in march of 93 i think the valley got 6 to a foot. everything shut down! dad got called in to work, to help stranded motorists.

dad works for TWRA. since they all have 4x4 and winches they got called out.

i dont remember any of it! i was only like 14 months old.
Surprised you don't get hit harder being in a valley. Dayton area seems to get hit harder than Columbus does, Dayton is in the Miami Valley. Columbus is protected by the ring of death known as 270. Anything coming this way typically breaks up as it approaches 270 and the city. 270 is an outerbelt around the city.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #59
OVRW8's Tacoma Gallery
quaker u have an exhaust on that truck? i'm thinking about heading down to mat hatter on sullivant ave. today to have some 3" pipe run
Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #60
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Surprised you don't get hit harder being in a valley. Dayton area seems to get hit harder than Columbus does, Dayton is in the Miami Valley. Columbus is protected by the ring of death known as 270. Anything coming this way typically breaks up as it approaches 270 and the city. 270 is an outerbelt around the city.
yeah. the mountains get it a lot harder than we do. kinda sucks, to me. i love snow.