1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by 2TRunner, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jul 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Things you do.
    Places you go.
    Shit you see.

Share your boredom.

Running around the 614 (and surrounding areas) in my rig.

Ohio.jpg

2. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    YEE i'm from cleveland. Went offroading at Yankee Lake last night. Overheated on the way home. Good times. All is fixed now thankfully

3. Jul 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Anything major, wheeling or overheating?

Solid looking truck you have, awesome pics in your thread. Considered the BHLM or blacked lower valance? Both would look real good. Looks good covered in all that mud too! Not much to do around here.

Browns fan? How is the sale of the team...again...going over?

4. Jul 29, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
  5. Jul 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    THAT is hilarious!!!

The overheating problem came from having mud caked in the radiators. Had to remove the plastic around the fan in order to really give it a good cleaning once I got home.

Really not many good (legal) wheeling spots in Ohio, which is weird considering all the open space.... I was out at Yankee Lake Truck Night in Brookfield, Ohio.

I'm not really big into football actually. I'll watch on TV if I'm at the bar or with friends though. So I have no idea how the team is looking haha.

Thanks for the compliments too! I am definitely going to be painting the valence soon. BHLM would look great, but I'm too afraid to take the plunge... and by too afraid, i mean too lazy.

Where are you from??

6. Jul 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    That poster makes you think for a minute!

Wheeling spots are scarce. Especially around Central Ohio. Kmok and I have gone out looking for stuff to do a couple times. Had some ok luck the last go-round. I need to take one of my days off and really gander at the way we take up to Mt. Vernon where my parents are, I've spotted a couple potential spots to check out. Always got my eyes open. I do have an open invitation to head down to Jackson, Ohio and ride trails down there, need to find the time. The uncle of my daughters friend lives down there, says there is quite a bit to wheel around on.

There are a couple "parks" but ehhh...There is Gasline, found a place called Dover Dirt(mud)Trails, that Bills 491 isin't far into Kentucky. More mud than anything I think around those places.

Would love to take the truck out the CA/AZ/NV area and run it around. There might a little more I can do out thataway in the desert than I can around here. One day. One day.

Take the BHLM mod plunge. I did. I felt really dumb for being so apprehensive about doing it once I finished mine up. The only real irritating part is getting the painted bezels back in without scratching them. The oven ain't nothing. If you're still apprehensive and ever down this way, say something and I'll help ya' out!

Saw a fella' today who had his truck (a taco) all done up like a buckeye helmet, a little retarded. I watch and pay attention to the fooseball. More of a Bengals fan, been bred into me. I'll watch the buckeyes play, the only time I'll really, really, root for OSU is a bowl game.

7. Aug 1, 2012 at 3:23 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Rachael and I are going to watch Chevelle tonight. This will be our 3rd time seeing them. Saw them in Cleveland, caught them in Columbus the 2nd time and we're going back to where we saw them the 2nd time.

Very solid band. Incredible live show, best I've ever seen. No fru-fru bullshit of BSing with the crowd. They plow through songs. Some bands sound different live, not this one. They are just as good live as their CDs are.

8. Aug 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Very solid evening all around.

Late lunch/Early dinner:
    @ Smokey Bones by Polaris, never been before. Nice ambiance. Very, very good food. Big selection it seemed as well. BBQ, Ribs, Chicken, Burgers, had some seafood.
    I'm a picky eater and there were several items on the menu that I would want to try next time. Pulled pork was AMAZING, Rach had some. I just had a burger this go around, but it was very good. Good size burger diameter wise.
    Good pricing as well, $40 total for 2 dinners and dessert, including a $7 tip. (Yes, we tip pretty well most of the time, we know the "tip" life) Might have found a new spot for when Rach and I get dinner, just us 2. Recommend it to anyone.

Amusment:
    Pulled up to pay for parking at the concert, Rach freaking out about having cash. Told her to look out the window and grabbed cash from "my secrect stash". Looked at the guy taking $$ and said "Bitch knows where my money is now, gonna have to move it".

Concert:
    @ LC Pavillion. First three bands, ugh. Cavo, Hailstorm, some other band. Chevelle f'in rocked as ususal though. Got informed in enough time to make it over to where Chevelle was signing autographs and got 2 promo photos will all three band members signatures on them. Stood a foot from totally famous people, it was cool. Honestly didn't stay for the last band, Evanescense (sp?), was there to see Chevelle. I got a pic on the phone of them in the signing booth, I'll get it on here.

Took off, hit up the hidey spot for a bit and hung out, took a little gander up and down a hill in another spot close by and came home.

9. Aug 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Chevelle

Signing Autographs @ LC Pavillion.

From left to right, Drummer (blue shirt), bassist (green shirt), lead singer/vocals (white shirt).

[​IMG]

10. Aug 2, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
  11. Aug 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    [​IMG]

Me (Quaker) and Brian (YotaMan2007) hanging out at my casa today/this evening.

12. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Once lifted, I'll have to try it out, duh.

Might head down to Jackson, Ohio and see whats to see. Anyone interested in joining?

13. Aug 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Might be heading down to Cincy to watch Linkin Park on the 22nd. Incubus (*vomit*) will be playing as well. Seen LP before, not a band I'm big into but they do put on a good live show.

Rach only got me interested by telling me we could take the truck.

14. Aug 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    stuckinoh

stuckinoh Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    OH
    Vehicle:
    Big Black Truck
    TUNDRA
    What up from far southern Ohio. Anyways newskool19 and myself were in the Polaris area yesterday at the Aspen Ski and Board opening and saw a Silver Taco, 3 inch (ish) lift with my user name stickered across the back window "stuck in ohio". Thought that was pretty cool, wondering if anyone knows or owns this truck!

Are you guys still thinking of going to Jackson, OH? That is close to me.

15. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    Taco Man in HD

Taco Man in HD DC TRD MallRunner

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC Tacoma PreRunner
    Methods, Red Labels, and other bro stuff.
    i dont know who owns it, but "stuck in ohio" is a video production company and it was probably something associated with that...

i live around the polaris area and will keep an eye out for you! :thumbsup:

16. Aug 13, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Keep an eye out for that truck. Shouldn't be to hard to miss with such a sticker.

The Jackson, Ohio thing...there is no "guys" really. Just me and my dreams of getting down there before the end of the year. I can probably get a Gahanna member, Kmok to go. You would be more than welcome to join when/if I find the time to get down there.

17. Aug 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I remember going out the Golden Bear Center when there wasn't shit out at Polaris. That place has blown up in the past 10-15 years. We (wife and I) went to Smokey Bones restaurant up there a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed our meal there.

I'm down in the Smokey Row Road area, keep an eye out for a 5 lugger with no front bumper at the moment!

18. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I used to live close to WPAFB The museum there is awesome.

19. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    :spy: i drove thru the 3 big cities. witch i hate al of . i have peed on the side of i-71. i have froze my but off getting back in the truck because mom wanted the a/c on even tho it was in the low 20’s. also i think all the dirt roads along i-90 would be fun to haul but down in my taco.

edit: here is a pic of 71. i took last august 5th.[​IMG]

20. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I used to live close to WPAFB The museum there is awesome.

Products Discussed in

To Top