Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Mid Mo guys step in.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #61
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMO TACO View Post
We got at least a foot in Columbia today
Spent about four hours in my work truck at a standstill on hwy 63..Man I couldn't wait to get back to the terminal and hop in my taco.
I live on a hell of a hill and no plow or anyone had been down our street ,was awesome to bust through that shit with no prob in 4hi
then i had to shovel the drive....no fun
Did you see a silver sonata in the median just south of Broadway on 63? That was my wife.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #62
MidMO TACO is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
MidMO TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dang I probably did?? as I was heading North on 63 and sat just south of the Broadway overpass all that time . I couldn't even tell what some of the cars were.Just tried to help as many foks get unstuck as I could. I put the chains on while I was waiting since I figured my single axle semi wouldn't make it either. I ended up being able to back up and head up and over across broadway.
My view for way too long

Now back to it....yay
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #63
Hewitt is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 509th SFS, SrA
Name: Tyler Hewitt
Hewitt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Saw Hewitt's FJ as I was heading out the gate today, looked awesome!
I figured that was you. Lol. Thanks man. We definitely need to convoy to the next meet.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #64
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
I figured that was you. Lol. Thanks man. We definitely need to convoy to the next meet.
Haha yeah, I spent about an hour looking for somewhere to play around in the snow... Definitely should do that! Once I get my lift, wheels, and tires on the truck I plan on going here. Hopefully that will be around the beginning of April.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #65
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Going home at noon on Thursday was about the worst storm I'd ever driven in. People were just stopped, right in the middle of US63: great way to get rear ended in a whiteout.
Paco the Taco slogged right through it, though when on coming traffic didn't move over, and we had to move towards the shoulder, she did bog down some.
4Lo, with 6 speed manual meant it was easy to keep in a gear that kept the powerband in the right place.
My Ironman lift is still on the shop floor waiting for it to get warmish.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #66
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Someone selling their chrome plated sport rims locally - never seen those before.

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/pts/3636948708.html
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #67

Polymerhead.
I did see a newer silver Sonata Friday morning still in the median..Guess that was your wifes car?
Dang hope it didn't get torn up & hope she is alright.
My father in law is taking my taco down to Holts Summit today to get my sister in laws car unstuck from the bottom of a hill/driveway.
I would go but we are headed to STL for a Blues game
Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #68

Quote:
Polymerhead.
I did see a newer silver Sonata Friday morning still in the median..Guess that was your wifes car?
Dang hope it didn't get torn up & hope she is alright.
Thanks - yeah, long couple of days. She spun into the median on Thursday around noon, so I left work and met her up at the HyVee (she got a ride from a park ranger). Took me about 3 hours to get there to pick her up and then another couple hours to get home - total distance around 12 miles.

After AAA cancelled our tow call twice, we got a wrecker to come out around 6:00 last night (30 hours after she spun into the ditch). Flat tire and dead battery, so we towed it over to Machens Hyundai. Only damage was a snapped valve stem, which of course has the TPMS in it so it was like $160. Otherwise, no damage and it's back at home and safe.

We had a long talk about how turbos and low profile tires don't play well in the snow, lol. She's safe and unhurt, which is all that matters.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #69
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Drove around in the snow for about 3 hours. Got stuck three times... Twice down a state park road, then once trying to get into a parking spot... Haha But I was able to maneuver out of all of them by myself eventually.
I'm amazed by how much of a difference a locker makes! I was able to do a lot more on stock tires than I expected!

Reason I got stuck the second time was because another truck was coming towards me and I tried to get out of the way. But I slid off into the ditch... So he was going to drive to a spot where he could turn around to pull me out. While he was doing that I wanted to see if I could get it out myself. Sure enough with 4lo/locked I was able to get enough momentum and drove in the ditch for about 30 yards until it leveled out and I could get back on the pavement haha Then after he got turned around he was going around a tree and slid off the road, which happened to be right next to a drop-off into trees... So I drove to him and he dug his tires out with a shovel and I tried pulling him out. After coming within inches of slamming his bed into a tree multiple times I was able to yank him out. So I can gladly say that I pulled out a full size chevy that was stuck in the snow, when all along I was the one stuck in the first place!

Anyways, here's pics...

Here was the from the first time I got stuck... This is on a paved road just to give you an idea of how deep the snow is...

Random, not bad for an iphone!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #70

Nice pics man.
I am guessing you were at the state park outside the base there?
I wanted to go out & play but decided to stay at home and play with my 18mo old 'lil girl in the snow instead,a good day off work indeed
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #71

Quote:
Nice pics man.
I am guessing you were at the state park outside the base there?
I wanted to go out & play but decided to stay at home and play with my 18mo old 'lil girl in the snow instead,a good day off work indeed
Mhm, that's exactly where I was haha
Completely understandable staying with your daughter, gotta make the moments count!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #72
Camjowns is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
Camjowns's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there from Ashland,
Somebody has a good looking tacoma in columbia, saw it at providence and stadium. Dark green I believe...? (Couldn't really tell because of the light) 2ng gen, has roof racks, lift, aftermarket wheels spaced quite a bit. Anyone else seen that one?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #73

Never seen it, but with all the college kids in town there are new vehicles in the city all the time.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #74

Anybody that wants to come pick me up from Chux Trux in Independence and hang out for the day while they install my lift please let me know! Otherwise I'm going to be stuck sitting in their waiting room for 7 hours or so... Haha
Old 03-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #75
When?
I have a good friend in Blue Springs who might at least take you somewhere for lunch...
You can text me

I think he's in LA today though
Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLoshbaugh View Post
When?
I have a good friend in Blue Springs who might at least take you somewhere for lunch...
You can text me

I think he's in LA today though
Whoops, just read this... Haha thanks for the offer though! The wait wasn't terrible, had to wait for about 5-6 hours. But for having new upper ball joints, lift, and alignment done in that amount of time isn't bad.

Here's some pics...

Old 04-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #77

So I sold my topper and I got this nice box in the deal. Anybody need one?
Prob. just put it on CL as I already have one and will be putting a soft topper on anywho

Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #78
I don't, but thanks for asking!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #79
THE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to all

Name: Ryan
THE SCHIRMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so now that its spring time I wanted to see if we could get a meet and greet set up in the near future. I'm ready to get the truck out and play a little. I'm open just about any Saturday!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SCHIRMINATOR View Post
Ok so now that its spring time I wanted to see if we could get a meet and greet set up in the near future. I'm ready to get the truck out and play a little. I'm open just about any Saturday!
As of right now the 20-21 will be my last weekend in Missouri for a while.