Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Mid Mo guys step in.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
THE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to all

Name: Ryan
THE SCHIRMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Mid Mo guys step in.

So I recently purchased this 06 tacoma and was wondering if any of you locals make it to any of our offroad parks like st.joe? I can go anytime but who likes to go alone? Would be a good time to meet up and have some fun.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
St. Joe is pretty fun although they just shut half of it down and putting down massive amounts of gravel (something about soil erosion and former mining operations).

There's also SMORR, Potawatomi, Outlaw Offroad, and Flat Nasty. I've been to all of those and they're fun. SMORR and Flat Nasty wouldn't be too fun in a stock truck though, you'd be pretty limited in what you could do. Outlaw has a "dirtbike" track that is pretty weak sauce for dirtbikes but is perfect for a truck to have some fun on.

Here's a video of that track at outlaw that I took before I left:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTTkPcBLWE

And one from St. Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQAgJpLCJLQ
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy from Columbia.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
always tinkering
bowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the rough

bowyer2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'll second SMORR, I've been there 4x with Tornado Alley Crusiers and it was pretty fun in a 3" lifted truck with body armor.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm around CoMo - I don't really want to start adding trail damage to my truck but I'd be down for checking out some local spots like the offroad park in Fulton. I'd also be down for helping with (watching?) any kinds of suspension work or other mods. I'm learning as I go and don't have a lot of experience but I have wired up lights, stereos, built TPMS pressure containers, etc.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
polymer;
pm coming

this info for anyone, really:
Of course, the Toyota Land Cruiser Association allows any Toyx4 with a transfer case, so, Tacomas qualify.
You don't have to join to hang out at the regional clubhouse at ih8mud.com:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/ks-mo-tornado-alley-cruisers/
TornadoAlleyCruisers does do various off road activities throughout the year...
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
THE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to all

Name: Ryan
THE SCHIRMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Iv got some buddys that go to fulton since we are close but iv never had the chance and thought it would be fun. Now that I know how many locals we have on here ill set something up for the spring.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I just got based at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. It seems like everybody on here that's from Missouri is very far away! Haha
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
welcome to the area!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I just got based at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. It seems like everybody on here that's from Missouri is very far away! Haha
I grew up closer to Whiteman. Used to go there for field trips before the B2s were added.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #13
there is an orv in st joe
never been there myself

http://www.stateparks.com/saint_joe_st_francois.html
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Ashland just south of como. You should look at mo4wd.com I'm a member over there. It's a great place to hook up with people to wheel with.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
The engines out of my truck right now but once I get it back in I'm game to wheel pretty much anywhere in most weekends.

Again I'd definitely check out mo4wd.com

list of places to wheel in mo

-Potawatomi (Fulton)
-flat nasty offroad park
-smorr
-washita
-st joe
Then there's several little places that are mostly mud pits and such.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
Hewitt is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 509th SFS, SrA
Name: Tyler Hewitt
Hewitt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not me man. Stationed at Whitman. I live in Warrensburg. What's your occupation?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
Not me man. Stationed at Whitman. I live in Warrensburg. What's your occupation?
Wow awesome! Didn't expect there to be another one on here! Haha I'm a 1U, otherwise known as a Sensor Operator.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #18

Hewitt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow awesome! Didn't expect there to be another one on here! Haha I'm a 1U, otherwise known as a Sensor Operator.
Right on man. We'll have to go out and wheel sometime.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
Right on man. We'll have to go out and wheel sometime.
Definitely! I have no idea where to go or anything haha nice FJ by the way! My mom has one and I loved driving that thing!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #20

Hewitt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely! I have no idea where to go or anything haha nice FJ by the way! My mom has one and I loved driving that thing!
Thanks man. Its a work in progress. Still need many more things for it.