Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Toyota4Honda2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremiah
Toyota4Honda2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieblktrk View Post
Just bought this 06 access cab. We have a bunch of lake effect snow here. This thing great in the snow. Seems to be built solid. Live in SW area.
You ARE from SW Mich!!! Nothing quite like lake effect! This is also my 1st Winter with my new Tacoma. What part of SW Mich? I am in Kalamazoo.

Went playing in some drifts this evening, but nothing solid enough to climb.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #22
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I knew I wasnt the only one...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #23
Marquette Fence Masher...
Trowber24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
Trowber24's Tacoma Gallery
Waaay up North.....Marquette, MI Not too many Tacos around this area....possibly cuz the toyota dealership here is by far the worst dealership Ive ever dealt with...
Old 01-10-2010, 05:27 AM   #24
bonnieblktrk is on a distinguished road

Navy: Shipfitter
bonnieblktrk's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Niles.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #25
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowber24 View Post
Waaay up North.....Marquette, MI Not too many Tacos around this area....possibly cuz the toyota dealership here is by far the worst dealership Ive ever dealt with...
I know another Taco owner in Marquette. Ian has a green one. There area couple other people I know up there too from our UP trips. Kristian has a dark red tricked-out FJ80. I think he usually drives his Tundra around town though (when he is rarely there). I love that area. Tom had a FJ-45 diesel Troopie but sold it last year but he lives in Munising.

If anyone is open for something to do next weekend, shoot over to Harrison's Rocks & Valleys ORP for a mostly-Toyota get-together. See my other thread about it if you are interested. You won't be sorry!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #26
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, might just have to go... got a link for the thread? ^

here's a little shot after I got home from class... only took me an hour to get there this morning

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
hmm, might just have to go... got a link for the thread? ^

here's a little shot after I got home from class... only took me an hour to get there this morning

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mid...eeling-mi.html
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #28

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Rat! I hope I can make it, won't know until thursday
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #29
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
Thanks Rat! I hope I can make it, won't know until thursday
Try and shoot me a PM Thrs. or Friday if you are so I can let Ron know.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #30
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bust into your Michigan Thread....but I have a question about a retailer in Michigan..........

Background:

Am considering replacing my stock SR5 grill with something attractive, yet reasonably priced. I've seen many people on here with Grille Craft billet and Satoshi style grilles.

Question:
Anyone ever heard of, or purchased and installed a billet grille from Foryar out of Michigan? Their prices seem reasonable and they are rated a top seller on eBay.(That's where I stumbled on them).

Any opinions or experiences you've had with them and are willing to share would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://www.foryar.com/fy/store/scrip...?idCategory=60

Again, I apologize for the intrusion and thread jump.......
Mark in CT
Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #31
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Sorry to bust into your Michigan Thread....but I have a question about a retailer in Michigan..........

Background:

Am considering replacing my stock SR5 grill with something attractive, yet reasonably priced. I've seen many people on here with Grille Craft billet and Satoshi style grilles.

Question:
Anyone ever heard of, or purchased and installed a billet grille from Foryar out of Michigan? Their prices seem reasonable and they are rated a top seller on eBay.(That's where I stumbled on them).

Any opinions or experiences you've had with them and are willing to share would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://www.foryar.com/fy/store/scrip...?idCategory=60

Again, I apologize for the intrusion and thread jump.......
Mark in CT
New one to me Mark. How is their rating?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #32
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
New one to me Mark. How is their rating?
They have a top seller rating on eBay, but I was wondering if any of the "Locals" had dealt with them.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #33
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Your link isn't working - never heard of them though. Do you know which city they're located in? Maybe one of us could stop by to check their store out...

Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #34

Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
Your link isn't working - never heard of them though. Do you know which city they're located in? Maybe one of us could stop by to check their store out...

Mike
Hmmmm.....you're right! I just tried it, but I got the website homepage okay...then you can select make of vehicle....http://www.foryar.com/fy/store/scripts/default.asp

I can't find anything on their website with an address......Hmmmmm.....should I be suspicious? Wait .....on eBay they say Farmington, MI.
Here's the eBay link.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...item4839295283

I hope it works
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #35

I just emaied them about materials they use. Then looked at the discription of the grills. T6 Alumnium, hand welded, 1/8" X 1/2" material. Looks pretty good so far. Good price even with shipping. Will wait to hear from them.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #36

Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just emaied them about materials they use. Then looked at the discription of the grills. T6 Alumnium, hand welded, 1/8" X 1/2" material. Looks pretty good so far. Good price even with shipping. Will wait to hear from them.

Ever hear anything back from these guys on their materials and particulars?

Thanks....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #37

No I haven't but I checked my Sent email and didn't see one to them. I'll try again.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 AM   #38

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody going to go have some fun in the snow today? My school (Oakland University) even shut down for the first time this year
Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #39

Received a response from Foryar Grills. They said the grills are made of 6061 T6 Aluminum. Put in a fixture matching the vehicles grill opening and TIG welded. Then the outer edges are polished and the three other sides painted black.

Looks like the proper way to do it. Not some cast or "pot" metal.

www.foryar.com
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #40

Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Received a response from Foryar Grills. They said the grills are made of 6061 T6 Aluminum. Put in a fixture matching the vehicles grill opening and TIG welded. Then the outer edges are polished and the three other sides painted black.

Looks like the proper way to do it. Not some cast or "pot" metal.

www.foryar.com
Thanks for looking into their product! I appreciate it very much..and will now....hehe....bow out of your thread. Take care and enjoy yourselves!

BTW...........added rep