Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #61
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Gentleman, I'll be visiting the fiance's family in Chicago and then driving to visit more family in Michigan who apparently lives in the middle of nowhere according to her, but it is near kalamazoo. Can you guys give us any places we should definitely eat at or visit along the way? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #62
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Gentleman, I'll be visiting the fiance's family in Chicago and then driving to visit more family in Michigan who apparently lives in the middle of nowhere according to her, but it is East of Grand Rapids. Can you guys give us any places we should definitely eat at or visit along the way? Thanks!
What kind of places are you looking for? Offroad park? Trails?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #63
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well we are visiting from California so I’m not sure how much clearance those mid-size rental cars have. Mostly looking for touristy destinations, or places to eat. Michigan famous for any restaurants? I’ve already got deep dish pizza lined up while I’m in Chicago.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #64
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well we are visiting from California so Iím not sure how much clearance those mid-size rental cars have. Mostly looking for touristy destinations, or places to eat. Michigan famous for any restaurants? Iíve already got deep dish pizza lined up while Iím in Chicago.
Hmm. What city is it exactly? I am a big Michigan history buff and I can come up with some stuff.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #65
Captain

Allegan Michigan, near Kalamazoo
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #66
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Thats abut thrirty minutes from me! There isn't much here in my town but there is a good sushi place.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #67
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I worked with a guy from there and he could have passed for one of the Bushwackers from WWF. I think he thought he was one of them for that matter.

Check out Saugatuck. Its a real happening place. Just kidding.

I always liked to drive up to Grand Haven when I lived in Holland. That is a neat town in the summer (its pretty non-existent in the winter).
Old 06-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #68
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, Grand Rapids checking in. Been trolling the forums for a month or so just signed up. Got a 2011 swb access cab. Lovin it so far. Just been going to Yankee Springs Rec area to screw around a little.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #69
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I work part time in Allegan and part time in Paw Paw

There is an authentic Mexican restaurant in Fennville, mayb 15 mins North and West of Allegan. and then just west of Fennville there is a giant farm market where they grow all kinds of fruit, make pies, and then sell them all over the world. Crane's Fruit Market and Pies. 6054 124th Avenue Fennville, MI. Then go a little farther west and head north on 68th I beleive and you'll come up to FennValley winery. Cool place as well with vinyard hayride tours and sampling (thumbsup)

FennValley = 6130 122nd Avenue, Fennville - dinner menu and wine
Cranes = 6054 124th Ave Fennville, - dinner menu and pie
Su Casa Restaurant = 306 West Main Street Fennville, mexican dinner menu, maybe beer
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #70
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
I've been spending a few days in Detroit, and saw a total of 5 Tacomas here. It's a big change from SoCal where every other truck is a Taco. Do you guys get mocked for owning Japanese trucks in this area?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #71
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmair View Post
I've been spending a few days in Detroit, and saw a total of 5 Tacomas here. It's a big change from SoCal where every other truck is a Taco. Do you guys get mocked for owning Japanese trucks in this area?

Yes, till the full size GM owner needed a pull out of the mud.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #72
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone knows of someone in Michigan with a nice truck that is selling for a fair price, please pm me. Getting pretty desperate to find something
Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #73
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Yes, till the full size GM owner needed a pull out of the mud.
My favorite is most of the GMCs & Chevys are built in Canada and my Taco was built in Cali. Kinda goes back to the most-American car built being the Camry.

Pretty much all the (few) Tacomas I see I know about.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #74
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys, Grand Rapids checking in. Been trolling the forums for a month or so just signed up. Got a 2011 swb access cab. Lovin it so far. Just been going to Yankee Springs Rec area to screw around a little.
Silver lake this sunday if anyone is interested! I'll be with my buddy in a blue dodge crew and a black trailer. Takin the bike up, but a few of my buddies are gunna cruising around in their trucks!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #75
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
My favorite is most of the GMCs & Chevys are built in Canada and my Taco was built in Cali. Kinda goes back to the most-American car built being the Camry.

Pretty much all the (few) Tacomas I see I know about.

Very true, although if I can find the picture I jinxed myself. Burried my poor little truck out in Yankee Springs. High centered the front skid on a muddy bank. Tires would spin in the mud/water just by letting off the brakes. Woops!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #77
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Anyone here need stock wheels with nitto tires on them???

What Nitto's?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #79
The slowest build EVER!!

Gosh, those are one of the tires I wanted to get this year. Really don't know how I'd be able to afford 700ish dollars this soon.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #80
Toyota4Honda2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremiah
Toyota4Honda2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very true, although if I can find the picture I jinxed myself. Burried my poor little truck out in Yankee Springs. High centered the front skid on a muddy bank. Tires would spin in the mud/water just by letting off the brakes. Woops!

Hope You weren't out there alone! (don't see a winch)
I live in Kalamazoo....are there many decent trails through Yankee Spring to ride? Would like to go get dirty sometime.