Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 10-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #1101
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyotaco View Post
I just did a search for that very question and found this thread. Happy to say me and my old man both own Tacos. His is an '01 TRD, mine's <- over there. But yeah, they're quite scarce in my neck of the woods. I had to go to Ohio to buy mine.

On another note, I'm just curious. Any fellow SE MI dwellers ever received any hostility from other drivers for driving a Toyota? I mean, I realize Toyota is one of the top "Detroit 3" killers, but it's not like I'm driving through Ann Arbor with a car plastered in OSU memorabilia blaring the Buckeye Battle Cry over the stereo. Or driving through East Lansing with Block M's everywhere cranking Hail to the Victors for that matter. (Cuz I would neeeeever do that. )

But seriously last week, I had a guy driving an '01 Jeep Cherokee 60th Anniversary Edition (that's how I knew it was an '01) pull up next to me to hurl insults at me and accuse me of killing American jobs and not supporting our troops because I drive a Toyota. I let him know his Jeep was German, my Dad worked for Toyota for 15 years, and my brother's a Sgt in the Army. That shut him up.

I get shit time to time from buddies half joking. I just remind them that my truck was built in the US and my dad's chevy was stamped in Canana and assembled in Mexico.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #1102
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
I get shit time to time from buddies half joking. I just remind them that my truck was built in the US and my dad's chevy was stamped in Canana and assembled in Mexico.
My buddies can't even half joke cause they all know that in stock form my toy did what their big threes had hard time doing modified. And his was before mounting duratracs.

As far as I'm concerned its not worth the extra breath to argue anymore. Just enjoy your truck knowing it'll last longer with less invested during that time.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #1103
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
^Not to mention hold more of its value longer.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #1104
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I just pointout that at work we make parts that go into the Tacoma along with other "transplant car companies". So would you rather have a company that is owned in America (debatable) or a company that employees Americans.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #1105
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
lol like I posted on FB awhile ago:

Tacoma built in Texas
Silverado built in Mexico and Canada
...Buy American, Buy Toyota =]

PS. New Frame! plus goodies !
details tmrw
Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #1106
The slowest build EVER!!

Well I have a request guys. If you know of any firewood available for free/cheap let me know. If I have to split it no big deal, even if it needs to be cut up yet that's fine as well. I've got two large fireplaces to keep going for 3 days the beginning of December...for our wedding. And it is the only heat source in the building. Any help or spottings would be amazing!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #1107
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We should incorporate firewood acquisition into the next trail meet
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #1108
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Well I have a request guys. If you know of any firewood available for free/cheap let me know. If I have to split it no big deal, even if it needs to be cut up yet that's fine as well. I've got two large fireplaces to keep going for 3 days the beginning of December...for our wedding. And it is the only heat source in the building. Any help or spottings would be amazing!
Where are you? I am in Bay City and I can probably give you about half a shortbed's worth. You will have to load though. I am gimped up at the moment. Its mostly about 3 yo maple and some mixed stuff. I have to take down another big maple within the year and will need the room.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #1109
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Where are you? I am in Bay City and I can probably give you about half a shortbed's worth. You will have to load though. I am gimped up at the moment. Its mostly about 3 yo maple and some mixed stuff. I have to take down another big maple within the year and will need the room.
I'm a little south of Grand Rapids. So maybe she won't want to go that far but I'll see for this weekend, thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #1110
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
I'm a little south of Grand Rapids. So maybe she won't want to go that far but I'll see for this weekend, thanks!
My first Toyota truck ('89 XtraCab) was bought in the metropolis of Dorr, MI. I was living in Holland at the time.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #1111
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dont do it. Seriously.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #1112
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Dont do it. Seriously.
Do what?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #1113
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

You can have all the wood you want from my house, but some is cut, some needs to be cut, and some needs to be cut down. There is more than you cn use here but its all pretty much junk wood but it burns fine. If you are interested I will go out and see how much is ready to burn.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1114

Planning on going to the Badlands 10/20/12 with some of my buddies. Anyone else interested let me know.

Hopefully will have Mike's 4runner done this weekend, but here is a teaser of what we have been working on.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #1115

^^ I'm Jacob and I approve this message

lol looks good!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #1116
The slowest build EVER!!

It just about looks like the rig I see in my dreams...

Yup that'll do!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #1117

Ya its a really nice rig. I have been kicking around building something geared more in that direction, only less show and more go . There is an 86 pickup ready for the project if I do it, but kinda want to build a fullsize.

I guess I will see once the runner is done and figure how to sneak it past the wife.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #1118

So guys when we doing a trail run? I can't next weekend but any after should work.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #1119

I have military stuff the first weekend on Nov. Other than that I should be good for whenever, just gotta get the bumpers back on
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #1120
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.VR4 View Post
I have military stuff the first weekend on Nov. Other than that I should be good for whenever, just gotta get the bumpers back on
Let me know if you need a hand with that Jay.

I'm free every weekend. I've heard a rumor that Yankee is extremely soft after all of this rain...hoping to sneak down this week to possibly set up a blind somewhere. Pop me a buck this gun season.