Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #1121
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Let me know if you need a hand with that Jay.

I'm free every weekend. I've heard a rumor that Yankee is extremely soft after all of this rain...hoping to sneak down this week to possibly set up a blind somewhere. Pop me a buck this gun season.
only issue i for-see is the truck/bumpers are all back in muskegon not GR, but thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #1122
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Planning on going to the Badlands 10/20/12 with some of my buddies. Anyone else interested let me know.

Hopefully will have Mike's 4runner done this weekend, but here is a teaser of what we have been working on.
The reason why I love 80's 4runners....
Looks sweet, love the doors.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1123
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasper View Post
The reason why I love 80's 4runners....
Looks sweet, love the doors.

Ya mike's runner has turned out nice. I personaly have always liked the extra cabs pickups better. the 4runners are to long to not have a bed. That's why it got bobbed 6". Here's a finsihed pic, much better I think.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #1124
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ya mike's runner has turned out nice. I personaly have always liked the extra cabs pickups better. the 4runners are to long to not have a bed. That's why it got bobbed 6". Here's a finsihed pic, much better I think.

HOLY... light hoop?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #1125
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.VR4 View Post
HOLY... light hoop?

Its not a light hoop its a stinger. Its suppose to help lift the suspension while coming to a climb and also to keep the rear from coming over on decent. or in this case for looks.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=247026 Found this and have been tempted. If I only knew how good a job they did on the swap. It would be a better choice to build my crawler off of vs was I was going to do.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #1126
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its not a light hoop its a stinger. Its suppose to help lift the suspension while coming to a climb and also to keep the rear from coming over on decent. or in this case for looks.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=247026 Found this and have been tempted. If I only knew how good a job they did on the swap. It would be a better choice to build my crawler off of vs was I was going to do.
Haha. By the looks of it, there are some stingers in Michigan. This truck looks sweet. Pretty clean outside, then when you pop the hood it looks like Fast and the Furious.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #1127

bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Man, Id love to hop through that door and hit the gas...
As I said, I have a thing for 80's runners. This one with the stinger, diamond plate rock panels, armor all around, rock rings, bobbed bed, and no topper might be my favorite and new secret love. :jerk off:

Doesn't seem too winter friendly tho
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #1128

Quote:
Man, Id love to hop through that door and hit the gas...
As I said, I have a thing for 80's runners. This one with the stinger, diamond plate rock panels, armor all around, rock rings, bobbed bed, and no topper might be my favorite and new secret love. :jerk off:

Doesn't seem too winter friendly tho
You really cant drive it on ice with those tires, but the hardtop has also been cut to match and is now painted body color. There will be door inserts similar to an old YJ and he also has another set of doors.

you wont be to excited if you hit the gas. It has a 22RE with a ton of miles for now. It does have 5.29's and a marlin crawl box in it though.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #1129

bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You really cant drive it on ice with those tires, but the hardtop has also been cut to match and is now painted body color. There will be door inserts similar to an old YJ and he also has another set of doors.

you wont be to excited if you hit the gas. It has a 22RE with a ton of miles for now. It does have 5.29's and a marlin crawl box in it though.
Is any of the engine rebuilt? The 22RE is known to last a long time with some tuning, the top and door inserts seems sweet.

Are most of the mods similar to this one:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=70873.0?

This ones a nice DD type build. It looks nice with the cover and everything, Im just not a fan of the shocks.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #1130

Quote:
Is any of the engine rebuilt? The 22RE is known to last a long time with some tuning, the top and door inserts seems sweet.

Are most of the mods similar to this one:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=70873.0?

This ones a nice DD type build. It looks nice with the cover and everything, Im just not a fan of the shocks.

Its pretty similar except the suspension is 5" trailgear font and rear. Rear shocks are at a nastly angle, but that another thing getting fixed. The interior is identical except Mike's has a 4Xinovations cage and alot of diamond plate on the floor.
The motor is stock. The adapters for a 4.3 are sitting there waiting for a motor.

Not bad for all being done in the garage of an audio shop.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1131

bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its pretty similar except the suspension is 5" trailgear font and rear. Rear shocks are at a nastly angle, but that another thing getting fixed. The interior is identical except Mike's has a 4Xinovations cage and alot of diamond plate on the floor.
The motor is stock. The adapters for a 4.3 are sitting there waiting for a motor.

Not bad for all being done in the garage of an audio shop.
Audio shop? Hahaha. Cage and diamond plate are definitely good to have on the rig. Are you going to do the rear shocks at a "V" angle?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #1132

Quote:
Audio shop? Hahaha. Cage and diamond plate are definitely good to have on the rig. Are you going to do the rear shocks at a "V" angle?

Shocks are already at an extreme /\ and are ineffective. Planning on fixing that it would probably be a good idea to add bump stops.

Old pic but you can see how it is currently vvvvvvv

Old 10-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #1133

One year since I bought the truck, thought i'd take it out and get before/after pix. Same place both times (out by the mud pit area by my house).

*if you notice there's no front skid, don't worry I'm just repainting it ATM

Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #1134

Quote:
One year since I bought the truck, thought i'd take it out and get before/after pix. Same place both times (out by the mud pit area by my house).

*if you notice there's no front skid, don't worry I'm just repainting it ATM

looks good. Its come pretty far in a year, but whats next?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #1135

Quote:
looks good. Its come pretty far in a year, but whats next?
I really don't know... I just replaced the door speakers last weekend... just because I had some nice sony's sitting around that I made fit...

maybe lights?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1136
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Expedition rack over the bed. I'm thinking about fabricating a low profile rack and mounting a rtt on it. Maybe the center will be high enough to get a bike rack on either side of the rtt. Tig welded stainless steel. Maybe I'll get fancy and do aluminum framing over SS.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1137
The slowest build EVER!!

I foresee change in the near future...
Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
I foresee change in the near future...

What kind of changes you talking about?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1139

Quote:
What kind of changes you talking about?
Magnetic changes
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #1140
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Magnetic changes
What a clever way of putting it! Yes magnetic, stretching some spots and shrinking others. Major surgery.