Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #1261
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
They are nice, but yeah getting it taken away would suck. Price seams way low. Kit car??
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #1262
The slowest build EVER!!

Did some investigating at the trails in Yankee today and man oh man am I glad I took the FJ today. Slightly higher ground clearance on it and the locker/a-trac kept me from being stranded alone waiting for a buddy to show up.
Almost all of it was rutted fairly good:

This was the first spot I needed 4lo and the locker:

^^Thats a small little turn off trail that goes around a low spot (mucky in spring) and then hits back onto the main trail.
Then this spot I just didn't have enough tire to get traction...the truck with duratracs climbed right out:

There's one spot of the trail that if you are much taller than a factory FJ you won't clear...have to turn around because there is a nice tree laying down over the trail. Its a little hairy driving under it.

All I can say is once we get a really good thaw in the spring time this is going to be a rough muddy mess. I didn't get over 5-10mph in most spots today. And after using 4lo and the locker/a-trac twice I figured I better leave before my luck ran out.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #1263
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like fun. I still need to meet up and run yankee. Hopefully very soon things will slow down enough so it will work for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #1264
MGoBlue is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
MGoBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a place in the Detroit Metro/Ann Arbor area that will install my spacers onto my 2013 Taco?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #1265
The slowest build EVER!!

Wheel spacers?? Or spacer lift kit?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #1266
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I won't preach but for the price for coilspacers and have them installed you would have been better off with a pair of Bilstein 5100 adjustables up front. Much better ride from my experiences.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #1267
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Similar question, except anyone in the SE MI area install 5100's? I'm layed up after two knee surgeries, so crawling around in the garage to do this out of the question. I've done full suspension kits before, but I don't mind paying for it this time.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #1268
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I would think about any front-end/suspension shop could do them. If you want to take a drive up to Bay City, I highly recommend my buddy's shop, Gary's Safety Center. They are one of the most reputable shops in this area and hae done a lot of lifts. One of the brothers own Suspension Maxx (torsion bar key lift co.). They will easily have them done in half a day.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #1269
MGoBlue is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
MGoBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Wheel spacers?? Or spacer lift kit?
Sorry guys, I should have clarified. I was asking about my wheel spacers. I don't have any tools plus its dead of winter right now and I don't have a garage.

On a different note, I just drove all the way from Ann Arbor to Troy in 4-HI like it was a Sunday cruise. The Taco handles like a dream in this mess. I actually hope I get to drive home in similar conditions this afternoon. Is that selfish of me? Haha.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1270
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
If you think the Taco was fun, you should drive a Subaru WRX with a little snow on the road! It only takes a couple of nice curves and turns and next thing you know you are acting like Petter Solberg (he was my favorite Scooby pilot).
Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #1271
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
If you think the Taco was fun, you should drive a Subaru WRX with a little snow on the road! It only takes a couple of nice curves and turns and next thing you know you are acting like Petter Solberg (he was my favorite Scooby pilot).
Totally agree with you!! Scoobies are a blast in the winter!

FYI. duratracs do NOT hold up to burnouts very well... A cloud of smoke later I noticed chunks of rubber on my mud flaps.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #1272
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I won't preach but for the price for coilspacers and have them installed you would have been better off with a pair of Bilstein 5100 adjustables up front. Much better ride from my experiences.

I aprove this message. Not going to spend that much more for 5100's and the benefits are huge versus a spacer.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #1273
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yeah, it was a mess driving yesterday AM. With snow tires, I was fine in 2HI. MGoBlue- I have a garage and floor jack if you want to come up and throw on your spacers. 10 minutes north of you.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #1274
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
Yeah, it was a mess driving yesterday AM. With snow tires, I was fine in 2HI. MGoBlue- I have a garage and floor jack if you want to come up and throw on your spacers. 10 minutes north of you.
What snow tires do you run?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #1275
Firestone Winterforce 265/75/16. Totally transformed the Taco into a snow beast. No weight in the bed needed. Took a hit on mileage (now in the 17's with mixed driving), probably due to tire size and winter gas at the same time. Noisy and hard to balance, but for 3 months use I can live with it. Great deal as well- got them for $110 each installed.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1276
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
Firestone Winterforce 265/75/16. Totally transformed the Taco into a snow beast. No weight in the bed needed. Took a hit on mileage (now in the 17's with mixed driving), probably due to tire size and winter gas at the same time. Noisy and hard to balance, but for 3 months use I can live with it. Great deal as well- got them for $110 each installed.
I had winter forces on my old 1990 honda accord back in high school. That car was a TANK in the snow with those things. Almost seems like it would take the fun away from winter driving in a taco. The duratracs are kinda the same way...you know its super icy when those are spinning. I wont buy them again though.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #1277
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
So far I am very pleased with my Grabber AT2's only area I see them having any issue is in the thick sticky snow since they dont have any groove pattern to speak of... but i think i will def go with them again when the time comes
Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #1278
The slowest build EVER!!

I'm thinking either the falkens or nitto a/t tires my next round. Something quieter/smoother. I don't wheel hard enough to need these duratracs.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #1279

I really like my Falkens on the Jeep. Alot of poeple talk about them wearing poorly but I never rotated them and they have at least 25,000 on them now and they still look good. I did have them siped right from the begining which could be part of it.

The plus is that the Falkens are cheap.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #1280
gogoman is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
gogoman's Tacoma Gallery
falkens

I to have falkens on my truck 31x10.5x15 they are great in both snow and mud! plus the price is right.