Michigan Tacomas

Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1301
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
The dates are may 4th and 5th and the more the better, so anyone that reads this is invited.

Matt you don't really even need to take your truck out, there will be pleanty of people to ride around with. We can probably even get you for a ride in one of the built trucks that will be there. I might even let you ride the quad I bring when I'm not, might be to much bike for you though . Only quad I have good to go is my last race bike.
I can handle any power. Not the senseless throttle junky I dream to be when it's my life that could end.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #1302
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
I can handle any power. Not the senseless throttle junky I dream to be when it's my life that could end.

Not really sure how potent the current motor really is. I rebuilt it last year and it should be a allround build but only rode once to break it in, Still havent even changed the oil so I can go beat on it.

Or you could buy the honda and do whatever you want with it .

Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1303
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Don't worry Matt if you show up we will make sure you have fun. You might even get time behind the wheel of my truck.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #1304
MGoBlue is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
MGoBlue's Tacoma Gallery
I may be down to hang out and hit some trails if you guys wouldn't mind. Haven't gotten it off road yet. Its sitting pretty much stock though.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1305
CSCHOL is a jewel in the roughCSCHOL is a jewel in the roughCSCHOL is a jewel in the rough

Marines:
Name: Chad
CSCHOL's Tacoma Gallery
You might just get me out for this one!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHOL View Post
You might just get me out for this one!

Are you thinking a trail ride or silver lake? Oh really doesn't matter either one would be cool to have you at.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #1307
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,
I guess I can give you a heads up. You may have seen a post or 2 I may have had about the UP Overland trips I do in the summer. Well before last year's I was emailing with Kevin Blumer of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility trying to get them to send someone to do the trip. He said they didn't have the funds "You do it!"
Well my skills must have been good enough. There will be an article published in the August issue of the magazine about the trip.
The UP Overland trps are just a great way to see some parts of the UP you may have never heard or found out about. My wife and I haev been a part of all of them since they started in '07. It is a first come, first in si4gn up. It has varied over the years on where we go with some repeated a few times (which isn't a problem seeing they are camping right on one of the big lakes). They usually take place the second or third week in August lasting 3 or 4 nights rough camping. There have been people from FL, NY, PA, CA on the trip with most of us from MI, IN, IL and WI. If it sounds like something that may interest you, my best adivce is to head over to http://www.upoverland.org/ and sign up for the forums. It is a family-friendly event also where kids are more than welcome.
Here is a shot of my truck at where we camped near the tip of teh Garden Peninsula last summer. Yes, it is the same truck in May 4 Wheel & Offroad Reader's Rides.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #1308
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Hey guys,
I guess I can give you a heads up. You may have seen a post or 2 I may have had about the UP Overland trips I do in the summer. Well before last year's I was emailing with Kevin Blumer of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility trying to get them to send someone to do the trip. He said they didn't have the funds "You do it!"
Well my skills must have been good enough. There will be an article published in the August issue of the magazine about the trip.
The UP Overland trps are just a great way to see some parts of the UP you may have never heard or found out about. My wife and I haev been a part of all of them since they started in '07. It is a first come, first in si4gn up. It has varied over the years on where we go with some repeated a few times (which isn't a problem seeing they are camping right on one of the big lakes). They usually take place the second or third week in August lasting 3 or 4 nights rough camping. There have been people from FL, NY, PA, CA on the trip with most of us from MI, IN, IL and WI. If it sounds like something that may interest you, my best adivce is to head over to http://www.upoverland.org/ and sign up for the forums. It is a family-friendly event also where kids are more than welcome.
Here is a shot of my truck at where we camped near the tip of teh Garden Peninsula last summer. Yes, it is the same truck in May 4 Wheel & Offroad Reader's Rides.
Congrats Brett! That's awesome that they featured you and your truck! Maybe in the future so long as funds are appropriate and I can schedule a long enough block of vacation I would love to go. With the exception of a rtt your build is basically what I'm shooting for. Slowly but surely!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #1309

Ya that's awsome man. I will have to look for that issue.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #1310
timberw0lf is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dave
timberw0lf's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Just picked up an 05 TRD Sport Access Cab. I'm in the Ann Arbor area.

I'll post some pics when the weather is nicer.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #1311
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberw0lf View Post
Just picked up an 05 TRD Sport Access Cab. I'm in the Ann Arbor area.

I'll post some pics when the weather is nicer.
Welcome to the madness!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #1312
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys,
Awesome truck! I really like that bed rack, any info on it?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #1313
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Awesome truck! I really like that bed rack, any info on it?
It weighs a ton! My buddy and I whipped it together from some square tubing a couple years ago for the tent. I m hoping to get a different one built this year. I want it to put the top of the tent folded up level with the roof.

Then again, some personal circumstances may drive me to sell the truck and buy a used 4Runner (expanding family).
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #1314
timberw0lf is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dave
timberw0lf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome to the madness!
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #1315
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It weighs a ton! My buddy and I whipped it together from some square tubing a couple years ago for the tent. I m hoping to get a different one built this year. I want it to put the top of the tent folded up level with the roof.

Then again, some personal circumstances may drive me to sell the truck and buy a used 4Runner (expanding family).
Understandable. I'm going to do my best to keep my extended cab 1st gen even when I have a family.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #1316
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Understandable. I'm going to do my best to keep my extended cab 1st gen even when I have a family.
Its not that there is room. I just get kind of tired of having to get it packed up where everything won't get wet when we go camping. If I am going to end up raising it to have a cap with my RTT, I might as well get a 4Runner.

I have entertained the thought of going with a commercial metal topper. I could really make it neat inside. Add to that you can get quite a variety of layouts with the doors and storage on them. The good ones don't come cheap though.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #1317

I'll just leave this here to think about:

http://www.facebook.com/events/446740442069283/
Old 04-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #1318
B DIRT is on a distinguished road

Name: John
B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from TC

Just picked up my first Toyota on 3/30! Kids have moved out, so I decided to downsize from the ext. cab full size trucks. Parking lots are fun again w/o an 8' bed, this truck is 5' shorter, and it's just plain fun! I have always thought the RC Tacomas were killer looking w/ a mild lift and the right size tires. I don't plan on going crazy with this truck, but will certainly make it mine.

2013 silver RC 4x4 Auto. Looking forward to many happy miles.

John
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #1319
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B DIRT View Post
Just picked up my first Toyota on 3/30! Kids have moved out, so I decided to downsize from the ext. cab full size trucks. Parking lots are fun again w/o an 8' bed, this truck is 5' shorter, and it's just plain fun! I have always thought the RC Tacomas were killer looking w/ a mild lift and the right size tires. I don't plan on going crazy with this truck, but will certainly make it mine.

2013 silver RC 4x4 Auto. Looking forward to many happy miles.

John
Welcome! I agree those reg cab trucks do look sweet! I'd have one if it wasn't for future family.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #1320

Quote:
Welcome! I agree those reg cab trucks do look sweet! I'd have one if it wasn't for future family.

Future family, you need room for that horse you call a dog now.

Welcome B Dirt. You will enjoy your purchase