Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Michigan Tacomas

Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #1341
aldarnell is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry
Name: Andy
aldarnell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. By "powersports dealer" you mean dirtbike/ATV dealer correct? Please excuse my ignorance. Is there anyone in here located in Lansing? Just wondering.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1342
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I believe anyone who sells fishing licenses also sells ORV. At least I know my Walmart and Mejier do in the gun section.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #1343
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
I've never got one from there before, but I have heard you can get ORV stickers at Meijers?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #1344
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.VR4 View Post
I've never got one from there before, but I have heard you can get ORV stickers at Meijers?
Yes, you can get them at Meijer. You don't need one if you have plates unless you are going to a park that specifies it or Silver Lake.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #1345
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldarnell View Post
Thanks for the heads up. By "powersports dealer" you mean dirtbike/ATV dealer correct? Please excuse my ignorance. Is there anyone in here located in Lansing? Just wondering.
That would be correct sir. I haven't even considered buying one yet. Been focusing my money towards new leathers and possibly a dedicated track bike.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #1346
I ended up getting an ORV sticker at Gander Mtn in Lansing. It cost $16 and some change. Not a bad deal for an entire year if you ask me. Hopefully I'll be able to get out and find some trails in the near future.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #1347
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
I believe anyone who sells fishing licenses also sells ORV. At least I know my Walmart and Mejier do in the gun section.
QFT.

All DNRE outlets that sell the fishing licenses and whatnot will get you an ORV tag
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #1348
mikebuyscars is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mikebuyscars's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a very nice 07 Taco double cab TRD a couple weeks back. I am loving the truck more and more every day! Can't wait to hit the same trails where I used to take my 4Runner! I am from Holly, MI
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #1349
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man, and welcome.

What trails do you usually hit?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
That would be correct sir. I haven't even considered buying one yet. Been focusing my money towards new leathers and possibly a dedicated track bike.
What kind of track bike are you looking at picking up? I would love to turn the 1098 into a track bike but I need something else to ride if I go that route. I have a friend with a 1970 Ducati 750 that I would love to buy and turn into my daily ride. I doubt that they will part with it though.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #1351
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
What kind of track bike are you looking at picking up? I would love to turn the 1098 into a track bike but I need something else to ride if I go that route. I have a friend with a 1970 Ducati 750 that I would love to buy and turn into my daily ride. I doubt that they will part with it though.
First one will be pretty cheap. Maybe a Suzuki sv650. Ideally around the 3k mark as I still need to afford my triumph as a daily ride.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
First one will be pretty cheap. Maybe a Suzuki sv650. Ideally around the 3k mark as I still need to afford my triumph as a daily ride.
I have heard the the SV650 is the best bike to learn track riding on. Good luck with that. We will need to get togther in the future for a ride. I am looking forward to getting out there again.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #1353
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
The dealership i bought my truck from sent me an 'Urgent' email to call them 'ASAP' about my truck

So I call them and the chicky says "oh hello, i'm new here blah blah blah"

Basically they have a 'shortage' of 2-3 year old trucks with under 80k miles and are willing to pay me 'well' for my truck and get me into a new one.

Sounds like a sales pitch to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1354
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
The dealership i bought my truck from sent me an 'Urgent' email to call them 'ASAP' about my truck

So I call them and the chicky says "oh hello, i'm new here blah blah blah"

Basically they have a 'shortage' of 2-3 year old trucks with under 80k miles and are willing to pay me 'well' for my truck and get me into a new one.

Sounds like a sales pitch to me.
Actually. Same thing on my 2011. Actually got me into a 13 for a little less per month and gave me the chance to get a double cab. Obviously it extends my loan back out but whatever. I beat that 2011 pretty good so it's nice to have something fresh.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #1355

gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Yah it seems half way legit. I not disatisfied with my truck so why bail on it and all the progress i've made on the loan. They said they'd get me in a similar payment/month.

I would like to get an Offroad in a new color, like not black.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #1356
Camp Grayling

I just spent the past weekend in the field doing Platoon Attacks at Camp Grayling. Good times but what I noticed is that the whole training area is open to drive though. The only area that is off limits is the Impact Area for obvious reasons. I am looking forward to getting my truck up there to do some off roading. Should be a good time. When I end up going I will let everyone know how it is.

Have any of you guys done any off roading there? If so, let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #1357
B DIRT is on a distinguished road

Name: John
B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
I have been on a few roads around there, there is a ORV parking lot to the West on M72 by Sunset RD that has mixed use traffic. You will need an ORV sticker for the truck on the mix use trail, but not on the regular county roads. Mostly flat trails with a few hills, and tons of MI blow sand.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #1358
I will probably do most of my off roading at Grayling considering my unit trains up there from time to time and I have maps of the entire area. I'll post up when I plan on going up there. Maybe some of you guys would want to meet up. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #1359
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will probably do most of my off roading at Grayling considering my unit trains up there from time to time and I have maps of the entire area. I'll post up when I plan on going up there. Maybe some of you guys would want to meet up. I'll keep you posted.
The tank runs are always fun! I haven't been there in a few years noe though.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #1360
I used to hit the tank trails on Camp Pendleton in California. They are a good time. I'll have to check them out in Grayling.