Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Mid West National Park Trips/Pictures/Stories

Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Mid West National Park Trips/Pictures/Stories

I'm originally from South Dakota and currently living in Nebraska. I'm thinking I need to move to Wyoming or Utah for the National Parks alone!

Being that a lot of folks on TW are the get out and adventure type I thought it'd be nice to have a consolidated thread dedicated to sharing info and stories about the great National, State or secluded parks that people have visited or plan to.

I personally have a trip back to Yellowstone and the Tetons planned already and am in the works of figuring out how to get down to Zion National Park next year, perhaps for Spring break.

Post up, discuss, tell stories, and Share Pictures!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
-Custer State Park and the black hills were pretty neat. I want to bring a quad out there next time I go.
-The Smokey Mountains National Park wasn't super exciting except for all the views and driving through clouds.
-The Boundary Waters is a nice place, especially if you go slay some Walleyes while you're there.
-The Redwood National Park was neat.
-Gettysburg National Military Park was obviously very cool and historic.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I lived just NE of the Black Hills growing up so that's where I've been the most.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
I work seasonally at Effigy Mounds National Monument in beautiful NE Iowa where it is still winter. Archaic Indian mounds along the Mississippi River bluffs of the Paleozoic plateau. Nice museum, good hiking through the maple/basswood, oak/hickory forest and wetland along the Yellow River.

Glacier is very impressive especially the road to the sun if taken by motorcycle. Makes you feel rather small and insignificant.

Yellowstone was like taking a ride through a zoo with no cages or fences. I was sitting on my V-Strom stopped because buffalo (bison if you prefer) where crossing the road. A large bull was standing less than 30 yds from me while the kids in the car ahead of me were yelling and flashing photos in the early morning light.

Big Bend is big, wide open desert, with miles and miles of back country roads, suitable for 4 wheel drive,dual sport bikes, or off road push bikes. Many back country camping opportunities both hike in and drive to plus three RV camp areas two near the Rio Grande and on up in the Chisos Mountains.

Arches, Zion and Canyon Lands offer spectacular geology. Schaffer(sp?) trail near Moab is a great drive/ride via truck or mc from the Rio Grande valley to the top of Canyon Lands.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #5

Headed to the Badlands for a while will come back with pictures.