1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help: MI broker will got give me non repairable title

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by 2ndchancetoyotas, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    2ndchancetoyotas

2ndchancetoyotas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Rebuilt
    I purchased a 06 Tacoma through Mid-City truck parts in Warren, Michigan. The truck is from Nevada, it is titled Non-Repairable. I am in Arizona. I am wanting to use some major components from this truck, but cannot show proof of ownership...obviously.

I have contacted the auction who sent the title to the broker in March. Mid-City Truck Parts refuses to send me the Certificate/title.

Can anyone tell me why they are doing this? I plan on filing a small claims case against them in Warren, Michigan which is good up to $5000 in hopes they will release it.

2. Jul 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    2ndchancetoyotas

2ndchancetoyotas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Rebuilt
    I wanted to give a followup to my situation.

1.The Michigan broker (technically a dealer) cannot legally transfer the NV Non Repairable title to Michigan, then to me. MI won't allow it.

2.Also they cannot legally forward the NV Non Repairable title to me directly. This violates the National Odometer Law because the MI dealer never titled it in MI.

I realize that this will probably never apply to any of you on this board, but maybe it will come up in a search online and will help someone else.

3. Aug 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Jholden

Jholden Well-Known Member

Member:
    this was a copart deal wasn't it?:rolleyes: Had some shady experiences on there myself

Products Discussed in

To Top