Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Help: MI broker will got give me non repairable title

Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
Help: MI broker will got give me non repairable title

I purchased a 06 Tacoma through Mid-City truck parts in Warren, Michigan. The truck is from Nevada, it is titled Non-Repairable. I am in Arizona. I am wanting to use some major components from this truck, but cannot show proof of ownership...obviously.

I have contacted the auction who sent the title to the broker in March. Mid-City Truck Parts refuses to send me the Certificate/title.

Can anyone tell me why they are doing this? I plan on filing a small claims case against them in Warren, Michigan which is good up to $5000 in hopes they will release it.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to give a followup to my situation.

1.The Michigan broker (technically a dealer) cannot legally transfer the NV Non Repairable title to Michigan, then to me. MI won't allow it.

2.Also they cannot legally forward the NV Non Repairable title to me directly. This violates the National Odometer Law because the MI dealer never titled it in MI.

I realize that this will probably never apply to any of you on this board, but maybe it will come up in a search online and will help someone else.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Jholden is on a distinguished road
Jholden's Tacoma Gallery
this was a copart deal wasn't it? Had some shady experiences on there myself