LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

NwiFAB what's in the garage now?

Old 03-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
NwiFAB what's in the garage now?

Well I figured with all the inquiries I have been getting and the sidework I have been doing, I would start a running thread to show what's going on and what capacity I have besides my Solid Axle Conversion which can be found here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sol...1-ton-sac.html

I can do anything you guys want/need from lift installs to complete custom tube work and bumpers/swing-outs etc. No job too big or small
Old 03-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Full hydro build for Supra TT a while back using a components from PSC.

Mocked up and built a ram mount for the axle:

Made a mount for the orbital valve:

Clamp for the hoses:

Resi mount:

And some finished pics:

Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Another member needed some work done on a car hauler for his business, wanted a complete deck and a low-profile winch mount for hauling lowered cars.

It started out like this
(Just a run of the mill decomissiononed Uhaul car hauler):

Added some steelwork to support a full deck:

Sunk the fairlead into the deck:

Made a nice step/cover for the winch, and wired up some nice Anderson 175 amp plugs:

Made a spare tire carrier for it as well:

And sent it on it's way with a set of 25' leads with alligator clamps on one end and another Anderson plug on the other so the trailer could be used with any tow rig without having to wire it up as well
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #4
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
He then decided he wanted to run some bigger tires, so a cab mount chop was in order.

Not a lot of pics to show here, but I did snap one.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
About this time Supra TT decided to snap the output on his tcase off so it headed back to me for some love. After sourcing a donor tcase, the work began.

Since his was forward shift and the donor was top shift, it wasn't going to be as simple as swapping the entire case.

Let the teardown begin.

The shaft we needed!

What I had to go through to get it

All reassembled and ready to go back in!

Royal PITA but another job successfully done.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Another member LoadedTaco decided he was ready for a CMC as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Nice meeting you and great job on the chop it looks great!

This is all I have of the chop, but I will take one tomorrow of the finished project and post it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post

Old 03-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #7
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Evokid03 just couldn't help that he had been bit by the mod bug. He was back for more!

A bedrack this time. Bending up the main hoops:

All the pieces laid out:

Tacked and test fit:

Welded and painted:

Through a highlift mount on it as well before he left, but forgot to take a picture

Old 03-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
You've got skills, mark
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really nice

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! This is all on the side?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #10
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Another fella I know had recently begun a restoration on a 1949 Ford F-1 Pickup. The frame was in sad shape, and had several botched repair jobs on it already. So I decided to take on the task!

Old shock mount repair:

I fixed that and many other issues, as well as completely sistering the bottom flange of the frame with 2"x1/4" bar stock. This frame is stronger than when it left the factory!

Theres more on this truck to come don't worry!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #11
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
About this time Supra TT noticed his front shackle hangar was sitting on a hug crack in the frame. Back in the garage it came.

After cutting the hanger off the frame looked like this:

So out came the plate and some reinforcements were made and the hager reinstalled. I also took the opportunity to correct the geometry issue with the spring at this time too. Still needs to come in to do the other side, but for now this shackle wont be inverting again anytime soon.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #12
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot about some Jeep JK stuff I did for my wife long before any of this stuff:

Stock when I got ahold of it:

35" BFG All Terrains on steel wheels:

Some frame sliders for it:

A lift I threw together for the hard top:

A little fun on the trail:

Smitty built front bumper with custom light hoop, trimmed fenders, and some stickers:

Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #13
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well Evokid03 has the full blown disease now. He had a bajabumpers front bumper on his truck, which has no provisions for a winch, and has a horrible approach angle, so modifying that came next.

When it came in:

First up was to remove it and cut the low hanging crossmember from the frame:

Then the bottom corresponding part was cut from the bumper, and a 1/4" thick winch plate added in as well:

Back on the truck:

Removed the sway bar and made up a nice 3/16" plate IFS skid to go with the bumper mods as well. Then forgot to take a picture installed, lol.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #14
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Another member north of the border inquired about my master cylinder swap from my solid axle conversion. He wanted to try it on his truck so an adaptor and modified T100 master was in order.

This bolt right up to the stock booster on the firewall, and the included extended pushrod makes things simple as well.

The T100 gives you the option of upping the diameter of the master to 1" or even 1 1/16"

**This is not needed unless extreme braking system modifications have been made. Mainly for SAS trucks.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #15
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Evokid03's wonderful car hauler with winch was involved in an unfortunate accident on duty, and was replaced with another trailer.

So this one needed a winch too. Since the trailer was longer it didn't need to be sink like the previous one, the cars front ends would never be over top the winch.

This gave me a chance to use the new SWAG pressbrake and HF 20T press I had recently picked up

First design it up and cut it out of "paper":

Fold the "paper":

On the trailer:

With winch:

Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #16
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Next up was another member's request, I8AJEEP. He had purchased a previous Solid axle swapped 2005 Tacoma with a pretty janky setup on it. He wanted to convert this truck to match the BulletProof Taco I built.

He decided to ditch the D44 and step up to a '79 D60 at the same time. He really like my knuckle setup and wanted a copy job. So...some knuckle reinforcement and a double shear setup were in order.

Inspecting the knuckles I discovered this:

No biggee, that's why we are reinforcing them in the first place!

A little bit of TLC and they looked like this:

And then with the double shear steering added:

Next up were frame end link brackets. Bulletproof style.

Passenger side (upper/lower combo bracket). This thing is HUGE!

Drivers side:

They fit right on the tapered contour of the frame:

Then I put together a axle end panhard/hydro mount just like mine, a steering box spacer, and another T100 master adaptor and it was all ready to go out the door:

Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #17
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
As promised here's a little more on the '49 Ford. Its coming along quite nicely and looks like this right now:

Well there's a couple finishing touches it needed. No one makes a floorshift boot retainer plate and its an odd shape so nothing off the shelf works. Not a problem here, take a few measurements, lay some stuff out:

Have it burned out on a CNC plasma, drill and countersink some hardware, and polish it out.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #18
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
This guy wants to tow a little trailer for his grandkids to ride in for parades, so now it needed a nice low profile hitch to accommodate.

Took a few measurements, and made a "sketch"

Tacked it together:

Quick test fit on the truck, in the words of Ace Ventura..."LIKE A GLOVE!"

Then finish welded it out.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #20
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
where'd you get the receiver tube? looks nicer than the one i got.

Products Discussed in this Thread