Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

IOWA (Idiots.Out.Wandering.Around)

Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #521
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3713719721.html
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #522
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I've seen some pics of just offroad trails, a couple of ruts going through the woods type of thing, but there is some stuff there that I wouldn't touch with my truck.
Well let me use your truck to make 2nd gen skid plates so you can go through it all.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #523
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Well let me use your truck to make 2nd gen skid plates so you can go through it all.
How about a bumper?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #524
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about a bumper?
Front or rear? I'm trying to get my truck armored before I go above and beyond my generation. I think my rear bumper design could easily be adapted to 2nd gen unless you want a high clearance. Would just need to change the brackets and overall dimensions really.

I could probably have some sliders fabbed up early this summer too.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #525

Quote:
Front or rear? I'm trying to get my truck armored before I go above and beyond my generation. I think my rear bumper design could easily be adapted to 2nd gen unless you want a high clearance. Would just need to change the brackets and overall dimensions really.

I could probably have some sliders fabbed up early this summer too.
I'd really like a tube bumper up front with a skid, if I was going to do a rear I would do high clearance.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #526
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd really like a tube bumper up front with a skid, if I was going to do a rear I would do high clearance.
Tube is probably a no go. I don't have a reliable fab shop around that can bend much tubing for me. That's why I'm not making sliders yet. 4X can probably sell me a set for less than I can fab my own at this point. There's a place in Boone I might investigate.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #527

Quote:
Tube is probably a no go. I don't have a reliable fab shop around that can bend much tubing for me. That's why I'm not making sliders yet. 4X can probably sell me a set for less than I can fab my own at this point. There's a place in Boone I might investigate.
I looked through your pictures a bit, what have you made so far? Doing it in your garage at home?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #528
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I looked through your pictures a bit, what have you made so far? Doing it in your garage at home?
Skids for 1st gens are all I have actually fabbed out of steel so far. I'm ready to get my first rear bumper for 1st gen welded up within a couple weeks. If it's welding and grinding I work out of my buddy's garage, otherwise cutting and bending I farm out to a local fab shop. I'm trying to design more products to sell, but it takes a while.

My order is something like this coming up: 1st gen rear bumper, sliders, 1st gen front winch bumper. Hopefully I can get them all done by fall semester. Somewhere in there I might do a full transfer case skid and a gas tank skid.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #529

Quote:
Skids for 1st gens are all I have actually fabbed out of steel so far. I'm ready to get my first rear bumper for 1st gen welded up within a couple weeks. If it's welding and grinding I work out of my buddy's garage, otherwise cutting and bending I farm out to a local fab shop. I'm trying to design more products to sell, but it takes a while.

My order is something like this coming up: 1st gen rear bumper, sliders, 1st gen front winch bumper. Hopefully I can get them all done by fall semester. Somewhere in there I might do a full transfer case skid and a gas tank skid.
Sweet.

If you need a 2nd gen to work on let me know.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #530
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet.

If you need a 2nd gen to work on let me know.
I probably will. I'm gonna go peek under one at the dealer after hours and decide how hard it will be to fab some 2nd gen plates. I don't want to require moving the exhaust cross over. The budbuilt skids look a little more fabricationally involved compared to 1st gen skids.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #531

Quote:
I probably will. I'm gonna go peek under one at the dealer after hours and decide how hard it will be to fab some 2nd gen plates. I don't want to require moving the exhaust cross over. The budbuilt skids look a little more fabricationally involved compared to 1st gen skids.
The crossover pipe is retarded, cant believe these things left the factory like that.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #532
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
I was at QT on 2nd & Broadway getting gas a little bit ago and came out to see two Nissan Xterras that were highly modded and packed with gear. One was completely covered in graphics from xterranation.org. I was going to talk to them but they seemed kinda busy so I headed on my way. Not two blocks down the road I see 5 more in a convoy heading towards QT!

I had to look them up when I got home and see that they're on the way to Moab for a week long event. Would have been cooler if it was a bunch of Tacomas but I thought I'd share.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #533
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
How's that weather down there boys? Gold ball size hail west of des moines.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #534
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How's that weather down there boys? Gold ball size hail west of des moines.
doing good in Ankeny, no hail as of yet, just some winds. New Garage worked out well. 3 vehicles and all the crap fit nicely.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #535
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Had a little bit of hail up to 1" or so here. Round two coming through now but just rain so far.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #536
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Gold? Wtf. LOL
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by P9HST2 View Post
I was at QT on 2nd & Broadway getting gas a little bit ago and came out to see two Nissan Xterras that were highly modded and packed with gear. One was completely covered in graphics from xterranation.org. I was going to talk to them but they seemed kinda busy so I headed on my way. Not two blocks down the road I see 5 more in a convoy heading towards QT!

I had to look them up when I got home and see that they're on the way to Moab for a week long event. Would have been cooler if it was a bunch of Tacomas but I thought I'd share.
I've talked to a couple of those guys on the MIOBI page, the one that is wrapped in vinyl is from Carlisle. They wheel at MIOBI quite often.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #538
Renaud33 is on a distinguished road

Renaud33's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys,
I don't own a Tacoma, but did a few years back. I currently own a couple of 4Runners. I was asked by ISU2014 to come over here and post up. I frequent a couple other Toyota forums and we chatted a little via PM. I was asked to introduce myself and share a little information regarding offroading in Iowa. (for those interested) I organized a Toyota offroad event for a couple years here in Iowa. The event was hosted at MIOBI "grounds". In some of the prior posts I noticed that some of you guys are concerned that you wouldn't be able to go there with your current trucks. I understand based on the pictures that were posted from there. I took my 97' Tacoma there a couple of times when it had a 2.5" lift and 31's. There are trails there for slightly modified and stock rigs. I don't always get on a lot and my time right now is limited so, if nothing else here are some pictures.

Pictures from one of the Toyota events I organized at MIOBI "grounds"....
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/kre...98898295812546

Free free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #539
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud33 View Post
hey guys,
I don't own a Tacoma, but did a few years back. I currently own a couple of 4Runners. I was asked by ISU2014 to come over here and post up. I frequent a couple other Toyota forums and we chatted a little via PM. I was asked to introduce myself and share a little information regarding offroading in Iowa. (for those interested) I organized a Toyota offroad event for a couple years here in Iowa. The event was hosted at MIOBI "grounds". In some of the prior posts I noticed that some of you guys are concerned that you wouldn't be able to go there with your current trucks. I understand based on the pictures that were posted from there. I took my 97' Tacoma there a couple of times when it had a 2.5" lift and 31's. There are trails there for slightly modified and stock rigs. I don't always get on a lot and my time right now is limited so, if nothing else here are some pictures.

Pictures from one of the Toyota events I organized at MIOBI "grounds"....
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/kre...98898295812546

Free free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Welcome to TW. Looks like a few of us need to make some time to get down there.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #540
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you made it Renaud33! Isn't there a meet this weekend? Fill us in. I forget.