1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**OHIO WHEELIN' & MEET-UP THREAD**

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by WheelInTheSky, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Apr 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    WheelInTheSky

WheelInTheSky [OP] Ramblin' Man

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    So a lot of us here Ohioans are looking to wheel and have some beers, here's a thread dedicated to just that!

Anyone from anywhere is welcome to come, so far the interest seems to be coming from members in and around the Columbus area and to the North-East.
    From the ANYONE IN OHIO THREAD we've already had a few suggestions of where to go, I think we should try to find a spot that will allow as many people to come without being forced to drive a ridiculously long way.

Southington Offroad Park is an option, the hang-up with going there is that it is a long drive from central Ohio Columbus/Dayton/Mechanicsburg area.
    Also, it is 4WD only!:eek: I don't want to exclude any of our 2WD brethren on this excursion so let's try to pick a place where we would be allowed to drag them around with tow-ropes and winches:cool:

How much interest is there in the New Philly Scio area? A couple of you guys live there and most of us are within an hour, hour n a half from there. If we were to meet up there and bomb the trails and abandoned mining runs we could have a pretty good time and presumably get up to plenty of mischief..:D

Let's hear some input about where people are willing to drive and when would be the best time to meet-up!

I'll be unable to wheel until after I've put my wheels back on, but in a week or two I'll be ready..:eek:

NC, WV, Penn, Tenn, and all other groups are welcome to join us for some wheelin' fun, just please avoid telling any pesky Oklahomans about it!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Rojoe123 and SDiosy like this.
  2. Apr 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    ogg

ogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Supercharged with 2.85 pulley King ext travel with resi's Total Chaos Uppers All Pro Expo leafs Fox 2.0 with resi's rear Level 8 wheels 285/75r16 Mickey Thompson ATZ Prinsu rack SOS sliders, front and rear bumpers, skids
    Thanks for getting this thread started! First time I've ever seen any interest in Ohio for some offroading. Southington is about a 4 hour drive north for me but if we can get a decent group of people to head there I might think about making the trip. I've heard there's a place in Laurelville that has some trails but I've never been able to find anything online about it. It's about 45 min southeast of Columbus. So lets get something planned!

Dirtytaco2 likes this.
  3. Apr 25, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    Tretiak30

Tretiak30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    Definitely down for a little off roading

4. Apr 26, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    I'm really pleased to hear I'm not the only one that wants to get some off-road hours with the local TW crowd! @ogg looks like I'm not the only one who has been shocked by the lack of talk in any Ohio threads, it's not like there aren't plenty of us that live here and frequent the forum! I've seen plenty of Ohio users, just failed to find any comraddery out there.. Let's change that!

When in the next month is good for everyone?

5. Apr 26, 2015 at 7:20 PM
    jamiec

jamiec Man who keep hands in pockets feel cocky all day

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 Prius three touring. Sold the Taco
    I live in Chillicothe, Ohio. I don't know any spots to off road. But I'm scared to death to bang up my brand new truck anyway.

I would be down for some sort of meet. It would be cool to see a bunch of tacos together.

2nd gen 5lugger and daranc like this.
  6. Apr 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM
    crazyaussie

crazyaussie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Troy, OH
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD Sport Long Bed
    6000K HID Headlights, 6000K Fog Lights, Billet Grille, Weathertech Bug Shield, Weathertech In-Channel Wind Deflectors, TRD Seat Covers, Auto Pop-N-Lock, Waterproof LED bed lights by MattGecko, K&N Air Filter, Tacoma OEM Bed Mat, OEM Bed Extender, Extang Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, LED Map and Dome Lights, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Black Oval Nerf Steps
    I too am up for a meet-up and off-road adventure. I'm not looking for anything too serious, but some nice sweeping dirt roads and the occasional stream crossing/rock (small) climb! I live in Dayton area but prepared to drive anywhere within 2-3 hours. An overnight camping trip is also a possibility. I'll check my schedule in May when I get home tonight.

7. Apr 27, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Sounds good boys, I don't think we have to go crazy boulder-crawling or anything but it would definitely be cool to hit some dirt roads and do some bouncing around! Let's try to get at least one meet under our belts before we start tackling more serious stuff.

I too wouldn't be totally against camping a night or two depending on scheduling. Does anyone actually know of anywhere to wheel? I mentioned scio/philly because a few members are from there and have said it's good for light wheeling but I find it a bit strange that none of use seem to know of anywhere else...

8. Apr 27, 2015 at 4:21 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    Southington or some WV areas

9. Apr 27, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    I'm afraid Southington won't be an option for a meet until June, they are only open to the public (for a fee) on the first weekend of each month. May 1st 2nd and 3rd they are open, but organizing a meet with only 3 days notice isn't really possible.

10. Apr 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM
    ogg

ogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Supercharged with 2.85 pulley King ext travel with resi's Total Chaos Uppers All Pro Expo leafs Fox 2.0 with resi's rear Level 8 wheels 285/75r16 Mickey Thompson ATZ Prinsu rack SOS sliders, front and rear bumpers, skids
    I have the same types of places in mind as you guys. I'm not ready to screw up my truck too much yet. You would think with the terrain Ohio has there would be some good spots somewhere

11. Apr 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    We will pop that cherry with your first big scratch don't worry

12. Apr 28, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    Two Tall

Two Tall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4
    Retrax MXPro bed cover, Gentex Homelink mirror, TRD exhaust
    I'm in NE Ohio and willing to meet up. I agree with the low activity on Ohio threads, and actually considering the monthly Pittsburgh area meetups (there is an active thread on it) as an option.

I'd be open to light off roading as many have already said....not ready to tear up my daily driver too much.

mjp12344 and claudine19 like this.
  13. Apr 28, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    Where at?? I'm in Broadview Heights

Mrnibbs and intoit247 like this.
  14. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Feel ya on that, before having any contact with Ohio peeps I was lookin to the threads in Carolina Tennessee and Pennsylvania as an alternative. Now that we have a conversation going I'd really like to get started with some of the locals in my area!
    Is it really the case that none of us know where to wheel in Ohio? :anonymous:

Pretty embarrassing.. Hoping and praying someone can shed some light on low-key free wheelin spots for us less informed:pray:

15. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:25 PM
    MGtaco2.7

MGtaco2.7 MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NW Ohio
    Vehicle:
    18 DCSB 4X4 SR5 Silver Sky Metallic V6 AT
    I'm up for some light wheeling. Dump truck just gouged my spotless hood with a freaking flying rock, so the cherry is already popped here.
    20150428_192724.jpg

16. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Was just peepin that picture in the other thread! Sry you got the shit end of the stick there, any thoughts on when/where for a meet-up?

Lookin like I my have to get a few tanks of gas and survey every last square inch of Ohio till I find the perfect spot for us all to wheel!

17. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    Nothing that I know of up North here besides the occasional power line trail

18. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    MGtaco2.7

MGtaco2.7 MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NW Ohio
    Vehicle:
    18 DCSB 4X4 SR5 Silver Sky Metallic V6 AT
    Honestly this is my first truck that I would actually want to wheel with, got a 05 silverado pavement queen with only 30k miles, so this taco is wanting to try some places. Since I've never been into this or even know anyone into this, I have no ideas where to go.... but we need to find something

19. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:39 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    Just found a place called Lake County Off Road. But from googling its location.. It's even farther north than Southington. Great

20. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:40 PM
    Tretiak30

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THE Ohioan.
    neo-garage.com
    They are have a Jamboree meet the last weekend of May. I'll be there as I get back from Moab the day before

intoit247 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top