Notices

North Dakota peeps

Old 10-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
FeroNOX is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
FeroNOX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
I'm debating moving to Fargo I grew up in Southern California until I was about 21 and I spent the last 12 years in Las Vegas so I know nothing about cold areas or snow if we ever wanted to see the snow we would drive to it have fun and then drive home where it was warm again at the end of the day LOL just kind of looking for any advice or anything I should be worried about moving to an area like this not knowing anything about it I have a job offer from a friend that pays pretty good and I think this would be a good move for my family I'm sick of living in the city I want to be way more out in the country I love off roading I want to start hunting there's not much of it out here in Vegas or the surrounding areas and I thought this would be a great place to do those kind of things

Fargo is a pretty nice town if you like a lot of people... well away fromall the oil drilling...

It is located on the Red River in the Red River Valley, some of the bestagricultural land in the World and mostly used for sugar beets... Thelandowners over there probably won't let you drive all over their property, butit never hurts to ask...

The area around Fargo is very different from the western part of the state. It’srelatively close to Minneapolis/st. Paul so it feels more connected to theworld. It is also really flat...

It can get pretty cold up here, most of the winter temps are at or below zero.Last winter was kind of a dud, it didn't even show up. Maxamillion is right...a lot of people in oil country usually do leave when it gets cold. Probably notso many leave the eastern part of the state...

The best advice I can give for someone from the south looking to move uphere... Carhart, a block heater, and never let your gas tank get below half...

If you have any specific questions pm me,,,
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah heard it was snowing yesterday in Williston and today too I guess.

Also, how does concrete work in the winter? I understand that it's pretty well a no go until it warms up?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Yeah heard it was snowing yesterday in Williston and today too I guess.

Also, how does concrete work in the winter? I understand that it's pretty well a no go until it warms up?

Yeah they only work 9 months a year then you go on unemployment or get yourself another job for that 3 months you're out of work
Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh okay well I guess you got that covered.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #26
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Yeeeaaaah, soooooo, Williston...... any more info on this place? What's fun about it? What's crazy about it? Nightlife? Any info? I'm watching video of the place now from Early Feb, and booooy does it look snowy and cold. When do people start heading back to the area?
LOL.. they're there year round. There are a lot of guys, there are a lot of trucks and there is a lot of work.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Bismarck. Where there is actually stuff to do without all the oilfield activities going on.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #30
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what you do for work. Plenty of oppurtunities in Bis. Better housing situation as well... The oil activites themselves aren't bad, I'm a huge supporter.. its the people it brings to the state.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #32
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
You sound right on the money from what I've been hearing from others. Have to head to Williston, though, in the coming weeks, just not for too long, thankfully. Thanks for the insight! And stay warm, b/c it looks freezing all the time!! lol
haha I'm used to it! Went and rode bike on sunday.. it was like 5deg out with windchill. You'll adapt!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #35
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
This Williston place is nuts. Nice blizzard yesterday. Lots of women, a small handful could be attractive, and all are taken. Not enough places to eat, nothing healthy, nothing to do but drink at another bar. Hm. Most of the locals are kickass, though! I really like the people. I actually like it, but wouldn't want to live here.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #36
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, the summers are beautiful, stick around long enough to experience one!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #37
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
So I have the possibility of getting orders to Minot. Just browsing through and preparing myself for ND. I have heard nothing but bad things but Im keeping an open mind. What all is there to do? Badlands seem nice.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #38

Minots not a bad town but hope you like ice fishing.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #39
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Cant say I'm a fan. Cant knock it till I try it.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #40

I couldn't find a whole lot to do but there is a lot of water up there. It's going to be cold as fuck in the winter, decent summer. Minot has everything you need.

I think the badlands are pretty far. Lots of farmland and water around you and not a whole lot else, no where I could find to off road in any decent way, there are dirt farm roads and such but... all private land too hard to shoot. May be some exploring to be had south of Watford city but I never got to.

But really if you're gonna be in ND at least it's Minot.