1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Harlan, KY TW Meetup

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by Fire931, Jun 25, 2009.

?

What weekend works best? (choose all that apply)

Poll closed Jul 25, 2009.
  1. Sept. 4-6

33.3%
  2. Sept. 11-13

66.7%
  3. Sept. 18-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jun 25, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    Fire931

Fire931 [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    ok guys... so some have showed some interest in doing a get together at Harlan. i was thinking maybe try and plan something for September. what do you guys think?? would love to get a decent number of trucks in on this. i already have a good friend in to help lead, he and i know our way around pretty well now.

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Schedule depending........HELL YES!

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    we gotta convince some of those MD boys to make the trip down...

4. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure pdopy and silverback would be interested

5. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Hey man, that's not that far from me. I should WILL have my new lift installed by then.

How are the trails?? I may be able to talk Ben (hoosiertaco) and Todd (busatodd) to come with. But want to make sure everyone will clear what needs clearing.

6. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    there is a trail there for everyone. from stock to as far modified as you can go! depending on who comes and what types of trails everyone is interested in we can break up into separate groups having one run easier trails and one run more difficult trails.

there should be no one that dosn't come because they feel their truck isn't capable.. we will get you out on the trails and back again!!

as far as overnight goes.. there is a Holiday Inn Express in town which is within 10 minutes of the trail head, and there are also camping spots at the trail head. if we get a good group together i can check and see what kind of group rate i can get us on camping, although i remember it to be very affordable. they have restroom facilities and showers there which arn't of Hilton quality but they are very usable. there is a fee involved with riding at harlan now, $35 for a year pass for a single vehicle and $20 for a month pass. there is no charge for additional passengers.

7. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
  8. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Heck fire I am game, I will hit up Ben and Todd. I will see Todd in a few days and talk to him about it. If one of them doesn't want to drive their truck thay can ride with me.
    Keep me in the loop on this one......:)

9. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    i added a poll so everyone can pick what weekend/weekends work best for them and we will choose the one that works for the majority.

10. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Well personally, just pick a date. I have an early hunt in Sept, but can work around that.

Oh well.....I will pick a date, BUT never mind it if it doesn't work, go with the majority

11. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    yea i was hoping that if we planned this far enough in advance we could get a decent amount of people committed to going. harlan is such a fun place to wheel...

12. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I go close by there when I head home to see my folks.
    It's not much of a drive from here, need to make sure to bring it up every once in awhile to make sure people see it.

13. Jun 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    haha yea hope so, I planned 2 months before the Coal Creek run. 2 of us made it........

14. Jun 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    just wanted to bump this up for the evening crowd!!!

15. Jun 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    come on guys!!! you know you wanna wheel!!!!!!

16. Jun 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    depending on time/situation.....basically what all i have going on at said time of meet....me and boobs mcgee may do this one!!

17. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    awesome!!

18. Jun 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    OK, as fire knows, I've been here a few times :rolleyes:, one suggestion though. The Harlan Fall Crawl is Oct. 23-25, I would reccomend going then. Thats when I'll be there, 8 hrs is a heck of a drive, but Harlan is worth every minute of it.

Bump for ya kev...

19. Jun 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Harlan is EASILY the single best place to wheel on the east coast...period

if youre into offroading at ALL...you should take an opportunity to go to Harlan

If you stay on the evarts side...theres a big campground with plenty of room for everyone...on the other side...theres tons of houses and trailers for rent as well...many of them from the chief of police

the trails range from dirt roads to harder than shit

and the hard trails are all easily bypassed for those of you either not looking for any kind of body damage or if youre not built very well

ive been 3 times now...wheeled my truck there twice...once i was almost stock and had a blast and no damage...2nd time i was built about the way i am now and got to run some of the more moderate trails and still had a blast and managed to not break anything...

the 3rd time i rode with someone else...we did the extreme trails

we rolled the truck twice that weekend and had i think 3 other flops in the group

im not going to vote on which time works best for me because honestly...i have no idea...my schedule will be changing drastically by september and i dont know what it'll look like

hopefully i'll have both off time and a trail rig to be able to join yall

i love harlan

20. Jun 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle: