Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Chicagoland area members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #41
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSter View Post
Wheeling here
Nice to hear from you TacoSter.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #42
parnass is on a distinguished road

parnass's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Oswego, IL. Have a 2008 FJ Cruiser, although I'm interested in 4x4 Tacomas.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #43
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by parnass View Post
Hello from Oswego, IL. Have a 2008 FJ Cruiser, although I'm interested in 4x4 Tacomas.

Good to hear from ya parnass. The FJ is a nice ride, I love my taco tough. I'm not sure if you read the whole thread, but I had an idea to get some ppl together that are in our area for a meet and greet kinda thing. Unfortunatelly I've been working 70-95 hours a week the past month and a half . As soon as I go to my regular 40s a week I have an intention to try and get a hold of everyone that replied to this thread, so we can get something going. I'd love to see you there and everyone else. Also if you know anyone that owns a Taco bring them along, that goes for everyone. Like they say the more the marrier .
Old 09-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
new '10 owner here. I don't consider my self chicagoland really (I do everything possible to avoid chicago area) but am close enough to be in the geographical area over by the rockford/dekalb/sycamore/rochelle area. Lots of trucks here, but very few taco's. theres a handful, but not many. do see a couple of nice first gens around though.

65tacodude- I was actually down in Crete a couple of weekends ago at badlandz paintball park, when I am down that direction I'll have to watch for you.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #45
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I used to live in Elgin. I do visit occasionally. But havent been back in a few years.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #46
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
new '10 owner here. I don't consider my self chicagoland really (I do everything possible to avoid chicago area) but am close enough to be in the geographical area over by the rockford/dekalb/sycamore/rochelle area. Lots of trucks here, but very few taco's. theres a handful, but not many. do see a couple of nice first gens around though.

65tacodude- I was actually down in Crete a couple of weekends ago at badlandz paintball park, when I am down that direction I'll have to watch for you.

Good to hear from ya wolf. Unfortunatelly I haven't had the slightest amount of time to come up with any thing lately. If anyone is interested propose a date that you would want to get something together.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:07 AM   #47
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery
Live in Mchenry, spend most of my life at work in elk grove village.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 AM   #48
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet lookin ride smokestacks!! Good to hear from ya, I know where both of the cities are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmokestacks View Post
Live in Mchenry, spend most of my life at work in elk grove village.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #49
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Soo finally my work place is starting to slow down a bit. I want to get some opinions from you guys on a possibe date for a meet and greet. I think a day on a weekend would be really good, but don't let that limit you. Lets see some dates!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #50
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post

Yeah you cant really miss me. I have a SWB lifted 3" with a bull bar. Pretty noticable. Dont spend to much time in the town itself, but you drive right by my street on the way to badlandz. Let me know next time you come down
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #51
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

im pretty open to whenever, I work everyother weekend but only till 12. Probably sometime before it gets chicago cold. Maybe late oct, early nov?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #52
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Late Oct. early Nov. is a pair timing. Now we just need a date, and more fokes to respond.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #53
ucr2027 is on a distinguished road

ucr2027's Tacoma Gallery
Big luke do you have any idea who works on lifts in your area I live by Oaklawn
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #54

UCR what kinda lift are you doing? I did my own. I only have the billi 5100s and an aal. Pretty simple except for the aal
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #55
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGLuke View Post
Late Oct. early Nov. is a pair timing. Now we just need a date, and more fokes to respond.
I'm in as long as its in November, doing some major things to the truck right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucr2027 View Post
What do you need done? We could do an install at the meet-n-greet. Hell I can lift these baby's in about two hours flat by myself
Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #56
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
I am in McHenry, November is out for me, I will be in some training during that time...

Would love to be part of some wrenching to learn about the Taco's..used to do all my own work when I was a jeep nut...
Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #57

NWiTaco, BigLuke, what about nov 14. Its a sat?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #58
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucr2027 View Post
No I do not. I wouldn't doubt that some of the members would be able to help, NwiTACO seems interested in helping out, and heck I would be interested too as long as we have a place to do it at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I'm in as long as its in November, doing some major things to the truck right now...

What do you need done? We could do an install at the meet-n-greet. Hell I can lift these baby's in about two hours flat by myself
November sounds good for me, I don' know about everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
I am in McHenry, November is out for me, I will be in some training during that time...

Would love to be part of some wrenching to learn about the Taco's..used to do all my own work when I was a jeep nut...
We don't have to do it in Nov. I would like to have as many members join as possible. I would love to learn something new too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65tacodude View Post
NWiTaco, BigLuke, what about nov 14. Its a sat?
Nov. 14 sounds good to me as long as others can agree to it.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #59
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
14th Seems to work for me.

I can and am willing to help anybody that needs it. I have installed many lifts, Toyotas, Jeeps, and have full tools, tubing bender and a welder. I have made shock mounts, bumpstops, sliders, skids, etc...

If anyone wants some work done, PM me.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #60
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
14th Seems to work for me.

I can and am willing to help anybody that needs it. I have installed many lifts, Toyotas, Jeeps, and have full tools, tubing bender and a welder. I have made shock mounts, bumpstops, sliders, skids, etc...

If anyone wants some work done, PM me.
Sweet!! Looks like you know what you're doing. If/when we all do meet up maybe we could come up with some ideas for my ride.

Products Discussed in this Thread