Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Chicagoland area members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #1161
Toyota Nut
ChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura aboutChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura about

ChiTownTRD's Tacoma Gallery
A quick video from a few weeks back at the badlands...

http://youtu.be/r5Oyq-MYDpk
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #1162
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTRD View Post
A quick video from a few weeks back at the badlands...

http://youtu.be/r5Oyq-MYDpk
good video.

Near roll over at 4sum min

Shroud comes loose

and aired up pea gravel dig

Looked like a blast!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #1163
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody in Chicagoland fab sliders or bumpers?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1164
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I do/have. I always do one off stuff. I wi post pics tomorrow. I have done sliders for a jeep jk...bumler for my 05 taco...tube bed...full hydro for a SAS first gen...frame repairs...you get tue idea.

Depends on when ur looking to get work done. I am in process of a divorce and my truck is mid sas in my garage at the house...with my wife. But I am not patting myself on the back when I say my work is top notch.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #1165
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders for 2008 4DR Jeep JK:

(Added the lightbar hoop as well to the front bumper)

Bedcage and front bumper for my truck:

Full hydro for Supra TT:

Oribital Valve mount and hose retainer:

Ram mount on the axle:

Finished product:

Frame repairs on same truck:

What frame looked like after removing old shackle hanger:

Repair and reused hanger:

Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1166
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any tacoma world events at the Badlands in Indiana? I will definitely be heading out there once it starts to warm up.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #1167
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
not sanctioned by badlands but we get out there quite a bit
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #1168
Toyota Nut

I love me some badlands in the winter!!! Lots of fun!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #1169
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you guys have regular meets? I would like to set something up where we could all get together and shoot the shit about trucks or set a time to go to badlands.

Are you all on facebook? We could make a group for just us Chicago guys.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1170
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
My shits on jackstands undergoing a SAC right now
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #1171
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a Barcalona Red DC Baja today at about 2:30pm in Aurora, IL. It still had the Baja stickers on it. Anybody here?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #1172
Kick A$$ Member

Anyone thinking about going to the Moab Event? I am going for sure.

Moab Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #1173
Toyota Nut

Which one? There are several being talked about.. May. June and July!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1174
Kick A$$ Member

End of may! Click the link on my above post.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #1175
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
So, who is waiting on some snow?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #1176
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
So, who is waiting on some snow?
I am for sure! I just got my new bumper on and installed. If it gets bad I am going to drive around and look for people to tow out.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #1177
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I can't wait to drive around and get full use of my truck. I know this is not quite the place to ask, but how did you like your 2010 Mustang GT? I have split auto DNA, I am both a lover of Fords and Toyota's. I have had 3 Mustangs in the past, and if I was 25 again, I would be dying for a new one since they brought back the 302, never thought that would happen...... but on the flip side I love my truck, it never fails to impress me with the ease of maintenance. Try 11 years of changing the oil on a lowered 2000 mustang gt......... pain in the ass.

forget, very nice truck! don't take any chances with that baby.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #1178
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
Well I can't wait to drive around and get full use of my truck. I know this is not quite the place to ask, but how did you like your 2010 Mustang GT? I have split auto DNA, I am both a lover of Fords and Toyota's. I have had 3 Mustangs in the past, and if I was 25 again, I would be dying for a new one since they brought back the 302, never thought that would happen...... but on the flip side I love my truck, it never fails to impress me with the ease of maintenance. Try 11 years of changing the oil on a lowered 2000 mustang gt......... pain in the ass.

forget, very nice truck! don't take any chances with that baby.
I am a Ford/Toyota fan as well.

It was wicked fun. Manual trans which was awesome and I threw a Hurst short throw in it. I also had the upgraded interior, track pack, and HID lights so it was plush on the inside compared to my Tacoma. The traction control system was actually really good. I put blizzak snow tires on it in the winter and it was a champ.

I miss it from time to time but I really love my truck. In a perfect world you have both but reality hit and I needed more than a mustang could offer. I graduated from school in 2011 and moved out in the summer of 2012. Moving is what pushed out the mustang. I needed more room.

Here are some videos of it.

http://youtu.be/1EH5CbW2ReU

http://youtu.be/k_wTCxl1aos
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #1179

They are very sweet rides, Ford really did get it right with the 5th Generation. Almost perfect 50/50 wt dist. Mine was a 5-speed, all I have ever owned, and I drove one day after the blizzard, but she was a handful in slick conditions. rain or snow, would not let anyone else drive her. its funny the 4.0 v6 was stronger than mine from the factory. I don't tell this much but the ONLY time she ever got away from me was in 2006 and there was a lot of patchy ice on the roads and I got on the 290 heading out from downtown, and I was running late, and it was 1 pm and I gunned in on the on ramp and as I sailed on the 290 I hit ice and spun around 3 complete times going across the 290, kept my cool, powered out of the spin, and took off, did not hit anyone or any wall. but I learned a lesson.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #1180
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bumper LoadedTaco

Products Discussed in this Thread