1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kansas Meet

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by fatty ac1d, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Be my 1st time there but here's a map of the trails. I plan on camping myself. Food is being served at 4:30 and my co pilot can't make it but you can have his food. They are cooking up a mess of eats. Also a band is playing 4:30~7pm Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Kansas_Rocks_new_white.jpg

2. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    Nice! what's JCCC? i'm hoping to know within the next week, but by next weekend i will either be moving somewhere else, or i'll be staying here for a while. so i can't make any commitments for nex weekend yet. next week during the week though would be great for a meet and greet. i get off work at 4 every afternoon, so i'm game for anything.

man, if i wasn't excited before, i sure am now. as long as i can get my driveshaft back installed in time, i'll be down there. i'm on "business travel" at the moment, so i brought my camping gear, air compressor, and basic hand tools, but am fairly limited on everything else, so if you have enough, i'd be more than happy to toss some cash your way for the food. i can bring the beer though :)

3. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    JCCC is Johnson County Community College. My company actually has a building on the campus where it conducts a lot of their training. It is on the corner of College and Quivera if you know where they are. Pretty close to the interstate.

4. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    No shit! i'm staying in the hawthorne suites, just across quivera from the shopping center and the college.

5. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    You don't understand here is a post from them. I reserved for 2 people since my co worker can't come I have a 2nd meal free. So no charge to you. Here is KSrocks latest post:

Kansas Rocks Recreation Park ( KRRP )
    3 hours ago

We appreciate all our park visitors and supporters. That's why we are pumped that there are at least 240 people who are as excited about our ten year anniversary party as we are.
    It sure is hard to wait these last four days till the celebration begins and we can share our surprise.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great Ten Years on the Rocks!

It all starts July 20th at 8:00
    Here is the line-up for the day:
    8am – Gates Open
    8am to MIDNIGHT – Open trail riding
    4:30pm - Free hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chips,
    cookies, water & ICE CREAM!
    4:30pm-7:30pm – Live Band -BRING UR LAWNCHAIRS!!
    6:00pm – Special announcements

Free Camping, Free Dinner, Free Band, Free Ice Cream & Free Ticks. Come join us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Haha we were supposed to be staying there, but one of my company inspectors found mold in the hotel... The hotel mgmt wouldn't let another inspector of ours come in after the cleanup so we pulled all of our rooms and we are now staying in the Candlewood suites. :p You're literally like a stone's throw away.

7. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    oh wonderful......

what company do you work for?

and since you're walking distance away, when are we grabbing beers?

8. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...

:eek: :kona:

9. Jul 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    I work for BNSF Railway. I'm down for beers one of these days for sure (I sure need one or five). The fam is actually coming in tomorrow and will be here through the weekend, but next week sometime sounds great!

10. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    sounds good, i've only been here a little over a week, so you may have to choose the location for beers.

11. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    So get that driveshaft back in and come down. I saw a pic of a heep stuck in a mudhole from last weekend on an x trail. (hardest) but they do have a rock pile there as well. A buddy of mine has a brother that wheels down there in a 4runner, broke a lot of tie rods on the rocks. My ride is pretty stock so I'm just sticking to the easy trails. There are 3 levels of trails. Here's their website if you want to check out the place.

www.ksrockspark.com/‎

12. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    Thanks, I've check out the site before, but only briefly. I'm not a mud guy, but i'll do anything else. I come from high speed and rocks (not at the same time :eek:). i'm always down for cruising some trails, and if you want to try some rocks, you're more than welcome to ride shotgun.

I should be getting a call tomorrow afternoon of thursday morning, letting me know the driveshaft is done, so i don't see it being an issue to get down there on saturday. i'm only about an hour and a half out.

13. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Cool! Sounds like a game plan. Look forward to meeting up with you down there and runnin some trails. I'm not looking to get stuck in any mud myself. However, I do have my recovery points & gear, just in case. There are suppose to be some other guys down there from TW, so will have to see if they show. Either way should be a great time! And yeah, if you want to crawl the rocks I'll ride shotgun, sounds good!

14. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    i'm not one to go pushing people to do trails they aren't comfortable with, but if you try something and get stuck, we'll get you out safe. i may not have all of my tools, but i've got recovery great to cover 5 vehicles. just looked through the photogallery on their site, and it looks like they have some great stuff. if you go around the mud, looks like there are some challenging trails. you knwo who else is supposed to be showing up?

15. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Some of the guys that posted in this thread before us a page or 2 back.

Reeves and 2 other guys from Riley
    turttletoy

There may be a couple of others but they didn't confirm. I haven't met any of them. But I would assume if they are in a Tacoma they are members or if they see our trucks and come check them out, safe to say members. I shouldn't have any problems with the easy trails, map says stock 4x4 shouldn't have problems. So we'll see. I won't do the rocks, I'm on stock A/T tires and no lift. I did take my mud flaps off so I don't crash them. I do have the rear diff mod and there appears to be creeks on the easy trail so should be no problem with that. From what I've been told once you start down a trail that's the point of no return as you have a line of other wheelers behind you. So if I get stuck it's my fault I have the trd hook on front and a tow hitch with a receiver hitch D ring. 30 ft tow strap. No locker but have a LSD rear.

16. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    these big meet are always interesting when the trails rides start.

luckily you have an '06, so you have the good LSD rear. if you haven't really wheeled before, you'll be more than surprised what your truck can do in stock form.

17. Jul 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Yep 1st time wheelin, I know what it can do in 20+ inches of snow that we got in March. I plowed right thru no problems at all in the deep snow. Even took it up in the back yard which was a steep hill....drove right up. That did surprise me. I do know not to hook my thumbs.
    Yep, mech LSD and all new gear oil in everything. One of the few SR5's to get one from what I understand. In 4lo she gets down an jumps. Having a 6 speed probably is a big help for me. I have heard the Taco does really good stock. Eventually I'll get some bilstein 5100's and step a size up in tire. I just bought the truck in Jan. So a slow build. Have to budget. At least it paid off and new A/T's :D

18. Jul 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    haha, you are one of the very few who know about thumb placement. i used to teach an offroad driving course once a year at a big event in virginia, and that was one of the first things we told everyone.

you'll only be the second sr5 with an LSD i've ever seen. buddy on college had one.

19. Jul 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    byrd

byrd Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Momma didn't raise no dummy. lol I have been doing some reading up. I've also been practicing that when driving back and forth to work daily. My truck is pretty much ready to go, all I have to do is get my camp gear together and I'll have Friday to go thru all of it. Pack up, load up and head down there.
    I had to fight to get the days off. And to think I asked off 3 months ago for this, just to look at the schedule and see I was scheduled to work. I wasn't a happy camper and went to my top boss and she fixed it. She knew all about this event. The guy that made the schedule said he couldn't do anything about it. Yeah, well I could. I have 6 weeks paid vaca I'm sitting on and haven't asked off since June of last year. Tell me I can't have off....BS!!! I will go to the owner if I had to. But knew the top boss would fix it. lol

Anyway Colin it's getting late and I have to open up in the morning. I'll check back here in the next day or so and see if you post you got your driveshaft squared away. Hopefully we'll meet up down there and have a great time.

20. Jul 17, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    turttletoy

turttletoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Overland Park, KS
    Vehicle:
    '00 TRD 4x4
    When I had my stock tacoma with just mts and locked rear. That thing surprised a lot of people. Definitely stay away from zuk squeeze and maybe carnage canyon if you don't want any major damage. Should be pretty dry so you wont have to worry about the mud as it can get brutal. I might be there first half to afternoon but no wheelin for me. Rear tire is pretty bald. Unless someone has a pair of 37's I can borrow haha

Products Discussed in

To Top