1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kansas Meet

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by fatty ac1d, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    yep, thats the place.

2. Jul 23, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    Dr.D

Dr.D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sold my truck
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 3" lift LR UCA's URD TCAI
    3" lift Bilstein 5100's, small top plate spacer and poly spacer, 1" Block and TSB Springs in rear with 2.5 degree shims, MagnaFlow stainless exhaust, 275/70R17 BFG A/T 17x9 RBP wheels, Light Racing UCA's, PHILIPS 4300K HID, URD TCAI, 10" Kicker Comp, Advantage TorzaTop, Scanguage II, Foglight mod, Backup camera switch mod
    Hey guys I'm going to try and make it. I'm going early to have my BFG A/T's put on at The tire store then I'm suppose to meet up with the guy that is guying my Nitto's that are on the truck now. I told my brother in-law I would help him put a leveling kit on his F150. So I can't promise I will be there but I will try to be there to check everyone's rig's out.

3. Jul 24, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    kinetik873

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    No worries, I'm already looking at another meet sometime after memorial day weekend. Maybe a meet and mod/bbq someplace.

4. Jul 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    alteredillusions

alteredillusions Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wichita KS
    Vehicle:
    SR5 2.7 manual
    hey going to try to make it to old town. but have to wait for the wife to get home. how long you goin to be there. if someone could either shoot me a number or let me know if u r goin to be able to get on from ur phone so i can get in contact with ya

5. Jul 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    High-Gear

High-Gear Zombie Killer

Member:
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, DR / Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg UCA, TSB with AAL, Walker Evans 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Smittybilt 10K Comp Winch, ARE Camper Shell, Con-Ferr Safari Rack, 4 KC Highlights on rack, 2 KC Rallye 800 on Bumper Armortech Off Road plate rear bumper. Firestone Airbags in rear, with Firestone compressor.
    Got switched to night shift and just woke up. I don't think I'll be able to make this one. Sorry! Doesn't it suck when work/life gets in the way of fun!

6. Jul 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    It's cool dude, we had fun without ya. ;)
    Just kidding, well catch ya next time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jul 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    NorthernTacoma

NorthernTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off-Road 6 speed manual TRD exhaust
    TRD Exhaust, Rear leaf TSB, TRD CAI, Biceman 4x4 Illuminated switch mod
    Josh and Troy, Good to meet up with you guys. Hope we can do another meet soon. After Labor Day or maybe some time in October would be good. Maybe we can go to KC rocks park in Eastern Kansas. Nice rigs you have there boys.

8. Jul 24, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    It was great meeting you too dude. Your truck sound sweet by the way.
    Hope we can get together again soon and hang out maybe when it's not so damn hot!

9. Jul 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    Glad you people had a good time!

I already had a trip to Table Rock planned this weekend otherwise I would have spoke up and met a few of ya.

Keep this thread alive for when you plan the next one and I'll attempt to get there.

10. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    Dr.D

Dr.D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sold my truck
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 3" lift LR UCA's URD TCAI
    3" lift Bilstein 5100's, small top plate spacer and poly spacer, 1" Block and TSB Springs in rear with 2.5 degree shims, MagnaFlow stainless exhaust, 275/70R17 BFG A/T 17x9 RBP wheels, Light Racing UCA's, PHILIPS 4300K HID, URD TCAI, 10" Kicker Comp, Advantage TorzaTop, Scanguage II, Foglight mod, Backup camera switch mod
    Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it last week-end. I was having these new tires put on my truck and ran out of time. I want to try to make it to the next get together though.

Here are a couple pic's I just took the other day after lifting my truck back up. It sits at about 2.5" now, was at 1.5" before, after taking it down from 3" originally. I lowered it down from 3" before because I was getting the growling and vibrations at 40-45mph like a lot of guys get. Do you guys get any of that with your lifts? I have a very slight vibration at about 40 now, but no growling sounds. Before I had a 3" top plate spacer on which wasn't good for those upper ball joints and would top out the suspension easy. Now I have a 1.5" top plate spacer and the 5100's set at .85 Also I just put a new set of BFG A/T's back on last week-end 275/70r17. One thing I have noticed are that these BFG's do wonder more and I get some minor steering wheel shake from time to time, compared to the Nitto Terra Grapplers which were on it before when it sat at 1.5"
    All my old photos in my profile are from when my truck had the 3" lift with the 285's on it.

DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02467.jpg
    DSC02454.jpg
    DSC02463.jpg

11. Aug 1, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    kinetik873

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    Nice dude, I'm thinking of trying to do another meet sometime after Labor day, let me know whats good for you guys.

12. Aug 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    pfs

pfs Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD-off road pkg
    We are trying to have one in St. Louis in Aug 29th. if anyone is interested you can follow the thread under STL meet.

13. Aug 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    I'd be down for one. Williamsburg isn't far from home and the bbq there is really good. Sorry I missed the last one. Work has been crazy lately and summer activities have been overwhelming. I haven't posted on here forever. :cool:

14. Aug 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    kinetik873

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    No worries, it was a good meetup, hoping to get more of a turnout and some wheeling in on this one, when is a good weekend for you guys? (after labor day)

15. Sep 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    tacoma99

tacoma99 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport
    Hows it goin guys i just found this thread! I live in derby and i would like to join in the festivities as well! I just sold two jeeps to join the taco world. I have a 2010 sport DC no mods yet but soon i hope! Ive been to both tuttle creek and kansas rocks and they are both great! I would also be down for a wichita meet someday too so i could see some mods first hand instead of pictures only ! Thanks guys

16. Sep 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    Welcome to TW!

17. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    kinetik873

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    welcome dude, looking at a daytrip somewhere to do some wheeling after labor day sometime. Gents, chime in with your availability.

18. Sep 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    Kansas City, here. I'm definitely up for a meet 'n greet and maybe some wheelin. I'd love to get together with some guys and just shoot the $#!t, if nothing else. Also, I'm anxious to get a good look as some suspension mods in person. I'm still less than a week old in my Tacoma Ownership life. Pictures on the internet are great, but first hand can't be beat.

Perhaps the person that started this thread can edit the title to something like "Kansas/Missouri Meet". That might draw the attention of a couple/few more people. Just a thought...

19. Sep 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Been to KSRocks in Jeep or Taco?

20. Sep 11, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    tacoma99

tacoma99 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport
    Ive only been there in a jeep I havent had a chance to take the taco out yet , hopefully soon! But from what i remember its a pretty good place to go wheelin! The same goes for tuttle too. Going to tuttle from the cassody exit on the turnpike is a great drive also, its a scenic byway through the flint hills! Tuttle has some good camping spots that are close and im not sure about ksrocks the last time i was there they were talking about putting in some campgrounds but not sure if they went through with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top