Chicago Area Taco Owners Save My Sanity

Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Taco Boosh!
jyffmguy has a spectacular aura aboutjyffmguy has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter: FF/PM
Name: Jeff
jyffmguy's Tacoma Gallery
Chicago Area Taco Owners Save My Sanity

Hey all, I really need some help here. My taco has two very distinct and different sounds on acceleration, and but the dealer says there's absolutely nothing wrong. I'm looking for someone (doesn't have to be someone with an ear for automotive sounds as my wife can hear both noises, and she's completely clueless when it comes to this...) to take a ten minute ride or drive (you pick, if you don't trust my skills on the road.), and let me know if i'm nuts or if it does sound broken and different from your own functioning taco.

Anyone willing to do this, let me know, and we'll try and figure a date to get it done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

JY
Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
why not test drive a taco on the dealer lot and make them prove that the noise is same on all of them? comparing to another person's taco you never know if that taco also has issues.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
A dealer probably isn't going to act on the opinion of a third party - if you had already gone in with the problem and said "a friend and my wife have both verified this noise" it probably still wouldn't be fixed.

I think your time is best spent giving another dealership a go at it. "There is a funny noise coming from the vehicle" is probably the last thing a tech likes to dive into. It's almost always relative to the driver - when is the last time you got in a buddy's car for the first time and heard the noises it makes?

Good luck to you.