1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hellbent Performance Offroad

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by malander, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    malander

malander [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    I just wanted to let anyone in the stl area know about hellbent offroad performance. I heard about them from my dads coworker after they lifted his jeep. I had already been pondering a lift and the like so i decided to stop by and talk to them. They were extremely helpful and laid out tons of options for me. Contacted them was pretty hard as they are extremely busy but if you take the time to visit you won't be disappointed.

I sent in my truck and one day later they got my new set up working beautifully. (if anyones curious its billy 5100s ome 883 springs and a 2"aal). They dont do their own alignment work but send all their projects to a local place that did a great job, especially considering i kept stock ucas. When I went to pick it up it was in the process of being aligned, but its kind of a hike for me so i decided to leave while it was still getting its work done.

When I arrived they had some bad news that the alignment shop broke off some bolt on my uca. The guys there were really helpful about it and even offered to drive me to lindbergh (they are in chesterfield) during rush hour AND back so i could go to practice. I took the opportunity to take a mental day :D from swimming and waited it out while they fixed everything up. I left that day with my truck and the set up suits my needs well.

Me being the cheap/optimistic person i am i neglected to buy a diff drop or a top plate spacer for the taco lean. A week later i ordered mine and went in to schedule another appointment. They were totally booked, but said it wouldnt take long and that they could make it happen and they did.

I went to pick it up and had a nice chat with Mike the guy who had helped me with everything and I asked him how much it cost, his answer $0. I was freakin psyched they had to have worked on my truck for at least half an hour (I know not very long but still, I would want to get paid) that would be about $35 right there, but then I realized they paid for an alignment too! I had feared wasting money on another one after not doing everything right the first time, but this was great! He said its my second time coming back and he appreciated my business. You bet I'm going back for any of my future mods :). I hope this helps some stl folks figure out where to go if they need help. and if not then its just a story about some good shop monkeys :).

on a side note dont park next to tommys truck unless you want to feel like your driving a civic. I cant even describe it its ridiculous.

2. Sep 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    N8C

N8C Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport
    Rear Leaf TSB & 5100's set to 1.75 up front.
    How were their prices? If you don't mind me asking.

3. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    surprisingly good, 70 bucks an hour it took em 3.5 to install my susp. so not horrible 245 or so for the install while other local shops were sayin about 400 to install (they didnt really do mods so its understandable) definitally worth it though, i dont know if they even make money of retail i was surprised at how cheap all the parts were. 5100's were cheaper thank dsms with the discount so pretty good

4. Sep 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    This is where I got my lift installed too. They did a fine job. They also tried to help out with a balancing issue I battled with my tires when I first got them (from a local firestone shop), no charge. Ended up fixing the issue where I bought the tires.

They are tough to get a hold of at times, and don't really rush to return your calls. But everytime I've connected with them they are always nice, helpful, and willing to work with you.

5. Sep 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    wait a minute... do you have a single cab tan 1st gen with 20" rockstars 33" terra grapplers kings up front and a magnaflow muffler:taco:

6. Oct 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    Is this directed at me? If so, no - I don't. 2009 DC Silver.

7. Oct 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    damn i saw one in there last time i was there it was sweet

8. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    N8C

N8C Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport
    Rear Leaf TSB & 5100's set to 1.75 up front.
    I just had the guys at Hellbent install 5100's up front on Friday. They did an awesome job however the top plate spacer did not make it to them by then. Mike was great to deal with and told me to bring back up after Thanksgiving and they would throw it in for me. I will certainly be going back for future work.

9. Jan 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    yep next time you're there ask to check out the shop. they have a sweet toyota pick up in the back. solid axle, iroks, linked front and rear i believe, exo cage in the works etc.. I'll be heading up there for a new leaf pack and some other goodies in the future

Products Discussed in

To Top