1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Owner in Kansas with questions

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by PurpleT, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    PurpleT

PurpleT [OP] Pragmatic Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma ExtCab 4X4 SR5 2.7L
    Hello and Greetings from Kansas,

First off, this is a great site with lots of great advice and recommendations. It is a little overwhelming and I am finding out I have lots to learn.

Purchased the truck for my wife as a graduation present. It is a 99 Tacoma Ext. Cab, 4X4, AT, with a 2.7L. It has 63K and the prior owners slacked on the preventive maintenance. No mods at this point and in need of general upkeep as this will be her daily driver. We enjoy working on our vehicles so this is sure to be fun for both of us once we get over the initial list of things that need to be taken care of before regular driving can occur.

I am trying to figure out which forums are appropriate and how to determine which parts (transmission, transfer cases, and so on are in the vehicle) As a newbie to the Toyota Tacoma world can someone please clarify for me which generation of truck I have and any other helpful tips that will help guide my initial learning. I have looked at the forums and each time I think I have some of the foundational pieces I read something else and realize I am lost again.

I would be great to visit with someone in person who has a similar truck or who has experience with a 99 Taco. Are there any groups that meet regularly in the Wichita area that might be helpful to join or attend?

Thanks,
    PO

2. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Welcome from Wichita! There are quite a few of us from the Wichita area...see our thread. You have a first gen. On my phone at work, so kinda hard to type much. Will help more later. I'm sure others will chime in though.

3. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    welcome to the World.

4. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    BuckWells

BuckWells Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Wichita, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad
    painted badges, sockmonkey decals, CHLM, bed light mod, 20% tint, color match grille
    Welcome from Wichita. Buying the wife a Tacoma isn't a bad idea. Might consider that...

5. Apr 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Wichitaco

Wichitaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner
    Debadged, painted doorhandles, painted wheels, painted grill, Fox 2.0 with resi's in rear, Toytec coilovers in front.
    Welcome to the forum and congrats in your choice!

Products Discussed in

To Top