1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chicago Area Taco Owners Save My Sanity

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by jyffmguy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    jyffmguy

jyffmguy [OP] Taco Boosh!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Midlothian, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC SB OR
    Hey all, I really need some help here. My taco has two very distinct and different sounds on acceleration, and but the dealer says there's absolutely nothing wrong. I'm looking for someone (doesn't have to be someone with an ear for automotive sounds as my wife can hear both noises, and she's completely clueless when it comes to this...) to take a ten minute ride or drive (you pick, if you don't trust my skills on the road.), and let me know if i'm nuts or if it does sound broken and different from your own functioning taco.

Anyone willing to do this, let me know, and we'll try and figure a date to get it done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

JY

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    why not test drive a taco on the dealer lot and make them prove that the noise is same on all of them? comparing to another person's taco you never know if that taco also has issues.

3. Jan 18, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    A dealer probably isn't going to act on the opinion of a third party - if you had already gone in with the problem and said "a friend and my wife have both verified this noise" it probably still wouldn't be fixed.

I think your time is best spent giving another dealership a go at it. "There is a funny noise coming from the vehicle" is probably the last thing a tech likes to dive into. It's almost always relative to the driver - when is the last time you got in a buddy's car for the first time and heard the noises it makes?

Good luck to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top