Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Thinking about joining the air force...

Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #41
Rigger, Please
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
if your lucky you will go to 2T2 Tech school and i will be your instructor
Old 07-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #43
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...94526#38094526
Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #44
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
I've been thinking alot lately about joining the air force. My cousin went in last year and he tried to get me to enlist with him. I wouldnt do it though because I kept saying to my self " No, I'm just gonna go to college and keep my girlfriend." well school didnt work out for me and I'm not worried about what she thinks anymore, If she loves me like she says she'll deal with it. How did all of y'all who are in the Military know that it was the right thing to do. I know that if I dont make a move Im gonna wake up 40 years old in a job I hate, and life will have passed me by.
This is what I tell young people when they ask me about joining the military. Go around and talk to guys 40 and over asked them if they served. You will usually find there are two kinds. Those that served and are glad they did, and those that didn't but wished they had.

Don't take my word for it, ask around.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #45
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
nice vid

HOO YAH CSAR!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #46
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Update guys! I'm going to talk to a recruiter this week I think
Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #47
caz22 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Avionics Tech.
caz22's Tacoma Gallery
EXCELLENT IDEA! Just don't let the recruiters jerk you around. Out of MEPS they had me with a job I didn't want and I told them to shove it...they can't do anything about it except say OK until you go to BMT. Do your research on what there is to do, talk to people who do it, and then go to BMT. Until you go to BMT, nothing is set in stone. SIDENOTE: Don't go in open general/electronics/anything! That's the main way you get shafted into a crap job. If they say you'll have to wait a couple month to go in with the job you want, then wait!!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #48
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Do it bro! The military is the most stable job in America and you don't have to worry about medical, dental and even life insurance. Initially, you won't be making that much but if you stay in long enough you should be bringing home a decent check. You'll travel the world, gain tons of experience, never have to worry about a place to stay and food to eat and they'll even pay for your tuition! Honestly, what could be better? The quality of life in the AF is better than that of the other services, if that concerns you. Enough contemplating...join today!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #49
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I am going to do this. Im not going to go in blind tho. What can I look at to get a clue on what I want to do and what itll be like. Who would I need to talk to to get this rolling?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #50
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
You're on the Right Track -- Be Patient and Do the Research

I retired from Active Duty Air Force after 26 years last November; that experience qualified me for a Civil Service Job with the Air Force as my second career. Joining the Air Force and marrying my wife were the best decisions of my life.

IMO you're going about this the right way. Talk to recruiters from ALL the services...Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard. The only one I didn't talk to back then was the Coast Guard; had I, I might have done my 26 years with them.

They'll have you take a battery of tests...which results in scores that will indicate the career fields (or specialties or whatever acronym the different services use) you are qualified to enter. From that I'd again check out all the services and find out what they can offer.

Take notes of the different career fields, then come back here or find someone besides the recruiter to talk to about the career fields. The point being to verify what the recruiter is telling you. Some recruiters are straight and telling the real story, others are just trying to fill quotas. No real way of knowing without verifying through an outside source. Kind of like used car salesmen...Know what I mean?

Bottom line....Don't sign anything committing yourself until you've researched it and verified the information. As stated earlier in this thread, don't sign up under anything with "OPEN" attached to it. That's how they put you where they need you and not necessarily where you want.

Regardless of which service and career field, be prepared to deploy on a regular basis. That's part of the job for all the services these days.

Don't know if this helped or not, but that's my advice.

Thank you for caring enough about our country to be willing to serve.

God Bless and Good Luck!