Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Usaf pj

Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #41
Dental Floss Tycoon
swamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TACP
swamppirate's Tacoma Gallery
Can't speak for the PJ side of the house...but I can tell you from my experience....work on your run times (fartlek training is good for this) also work on endurance. Additionaly work on your ruck marching start relatively low weights around 30-40 then build up to 80-90 lbs., 12-15 miles. Rucking is a different game than running..totally different group of muscles used. Also work on upper body strength....our O course at Hurby demanded alot of this as will the careerfield....and without question prepare yourself in the water that is a given. The physicality of it is no doubt huge but also don't neglect the mental aspect.....when you don't think you can take another step with a 100 lb ruck, it's hotter than hades, your feet have blister on top of blister and you back feels like it will explode that's when you have to reach deep down into the grey matter....my .02 .
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #42
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ all good info... especially not neglecting the mental prep

the right state of mind and determination to never quit, not matter the cost is key to success in indoc or any selection course
Old 06-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #43
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, I have my work cut out for me.

I was a state qualifier back in high school for swimming and XC/track...but that was almost 10 years ago...I actually wouldn't mind going back to basic again...eat/pt/sleep(when theres time) was the easiest job ever

Saw a couple of youngin TACP's at the gas station the other month, not sure why here of all places...wanted to ask one of em why he didn't shave that morning, but I let it slide.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #44
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future55 View Post
One more thing, how do you get selected for AFSOC or ACC (correct?)? Is it based on your performance during the pipeline? where they need people? Or do you have a choice?
Waaaaaaay back in the day when I enlisted, they came to your flight in basic and asked if anyone wanted to take the physical test to see if you would be considered....
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #45
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I agree, I have my work cut out for me.

I was a state qualifier back in high school for swimming and XC/track...but that was almost 10 years ago...I actually wouldn't mind going back to basic again...eat/pt/sleep(when theres time) was the easiest job ever

Saw a couple of youngin TACP's at the gas station the other month, not sure why here of all places...wanted to ask one of em why he didn't shave that morning, but I let it slide.
are you wanting to cross train to pararescue?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #46
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
are you wanting to cross train to pararescue?
i've had a lot of deep thoughts about it. Almost like a calling to do something more than what I'm doing now.

even staying in the Guard and going to Cali or NY would be fine, I have contacts near-ish.

One of my high school classmates I think is a Gunner up at Moffet
Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #47

the 129th at moffet is a great unit to be a PJ or any member of CSAR at

if you have any questions about indoc, hit me up

been there, done that, got the t-shirt... and injuries lol
Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #49
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Why would you feel the need to say something?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #50
a name known to all
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Why would you feel the need to say something?
I'm in the BHG and have been for the last couple of years...so I pay a lot of attention to dress & appearance.

I assumed they just graduated and were acting a little odd...Def A-type personalities though, and haven't seen them since.