Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military Service for TW

View Poll Results: I am in or was in the....
Army 45 23.94%
Navy 35 18.62%
Marines 34 18.09%
Coast Guard 13 6.91%
Civilian 7 3.72%
Have a close relative in the service (son, brother, daughter) 9 4.79%
Air Force 45 23.94%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #41
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
imagine being anything that is B-1 specific and having to either be at Dyess AFB(where I was) or Elsworth AFB
Those aren't too fun, how bout Minot, South Dakota?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #42
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoma View Post
Those aren't too fun, how bout Minot, South Dakota?
that's north dakota...still blows. i've got a friend up there
Old 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #43
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in DEP for the Navy, shipping out on October 5th. Is it cool with all my fellow squids if I put a vote in for the Navy??? Eventhough I haven't really served yet...
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #44
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Been in 4 years on August 15th, been at Ellsworth AFB South Dakota working A.G.E. for the B-1 the entire time. Been deployed once for 6 months, getting ready to go for another 6 in January. I'm diggin it.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #45
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I had AK on my dreamsheet the whole time I was in. I went through high school in Fairbanks (father was Army). The USAF never saw fit to grant my wish. I would love to get back up there...just to visit...I remember how long-n-cold the winters were.
Hated the short, COLD winter days, but LOVED the LONG summer days It wasn't on mine, but ended up spending 3 years up there.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #46
caz22 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Avionics Tech.
caz22's Tacoma Gallery
Air Force active duty...test and eval on F-22's. Wicked good time.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #47
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's north dakota...still blows. i've got a friend up there
ah crap, i always get those 2 states mixed up
Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #48
daniel_mickelson is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Dan
daniel_mickelson's Tacoma Gallery
UASF EOD. Been in 2 1/2 years and just got back from Afghanistan.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #51
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post

Going to a going away party Saturday for a friends son, he is leaving for basic in the Army. I would like to get him something but not sure what is allowed. I was thinking a phone card?

Sorry about the thread jacking
For Army basic, they get weekends off. Get him a couple of tickets for Disney World.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #52
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I'm in DEP for the Navy, shipping out on October 5th. Is it cool with all my fellow squids if I put a vote in for the Navy??? Eventhough I haven't really served yet...
No you cant vote yet, you are not even a boot, hell, not even a shower shoe.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #53
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha Army is the 1st option and Air Force is below civilian. :thud:
Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #54
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm active duty in the navy, 3 years and 4 months. Currently crossrating from air traffic controller to electronics technician. never been deployed but am expecting it when i get out of school.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #55
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
imagine being anything that is B-1 specific and having to either be at Dyess AFB(where I was) or Elsworth AFB
Yeah.... I'm glad I didn't end up at either of those. One of my roomates in tech school got orders to Charleston and I am originally from Summerville. I offered him 3k for a swap and he wouldn't take it. He was originally from PA so he would have been close to home at Dover. He was like... I don't want to be stationed up there... I want to live near the beach. I probably would have stayed in if he would have swapped.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #56
Jerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: MLB Driver
Jerseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Uscg

Active Duty Coast Guard for 9 years! Best Job ever!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #57
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTacoguy30 View Post
Yeah.... I'm glad I didn't end up at either of those. One of my roomates in tech school got orders to Charleston and I am originally from Summerville. I offered him 3k for a swap and he wouldn't take it. He was originally from PA so he would have been close to home at Dover. He was like... I don't want to be stationed up there... I want to live near the beach. I probably would have stayed in if he would have swapped.
eww....benDover AFB...i had 2 people in my sister class get shaw and wouldnt trade.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #58
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseytaco View Post
Active Duty Coast Guard for 9 years! Best Job ever!
Nice shots, I heard you guys get taken care of pretty well with nice bonus's. Coasty
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #59
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
you guys all had these things , and i felt like i needed to make one haha