Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Ship out for boot

Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #41
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
haha! that is funny, he shouldnt have saved all those packets!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #43
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Well I mean technically you guys fall under Dept of Homeland security. And don't get all hyped up by watching the Guardian, there is no way a Navy guy would get beat up by CG.
That was the only realistic part in the movie. You know an old goat Senior Chief ain't gonna jump into freezing cold water. This probably isn't much help for Thomas.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #44
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha, no no. it is actually!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #45

oh ya, and never say never about us not being able to kick ass you'd be surprised.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #46
littlemike is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
littlemike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Those are some good stories. Back in 93 I wanted to be a Coastie so bad but the wait was 2 years for a reserve slot. And soooooo the Corps got me. My best friend in boot was a LA Sheriff and the DI's knew it. They thrashed him every opportunity he gave them. He'd already played the game. However in 3rd phase after saving all the cocoa and kool aid packets from the MRE's and storing them in his foot locker, the DI who especially liked fucking with him found these. The DI then opened his rack and poured all the powder all over his sheets, fixed his rack and went to the duty office (inside the squad bay). When Taps played and we were in our racks the DI was close by, my friend felt all the powder and started to get out of the rack, the DI then quietly told him to stay put and to have "sweet dreams". I almost fell out of the top bunk. That was pretty fucking funny.
omg! That's fucking funny.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #47
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYeah View Post
i most likely will get Kodiak.
I'll be that guy, don't plan on it. When the time comes to make your picks then you can try but in the end it's not up to you. If you want to tell everyone want to do then volunteer to be a squad leader, and prepare to get beat daily for them not being able to march, wearing black socks in gym, or really anything. Everything that has been previously said is all great advice, and in 8 weeks you will be wondering where the time went. You're about to gain a second family, welcome to the party.

If you've ever seen Full Metal Jacket, it's like that. There's always a Pvt. Pyle and a Pvt. Joker and you'll probably know by Monday who they are.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #48
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure all basic training stories are the same, I went through almost 11 yrs ago & like everyone else has said, do what the hell your told and don't be "that guy" because you will stand out like a sore thumb. It's all a big mind game & gets easier once you get used to the daily grind. Break you down, build you back up is the norm through basic and you will feel 10 ft tall when you finish it, that's how it's suppose to be. I'm sure each branch has there own stories, but in the end it's the same result to make you PROUD to be serving your country, ready for anything, and make you feel like you accomplished something great in your life. To be a veteran in the U.S. Military is a great accomplishment & something you can cherish till the day you die. We make up 1% of the U.S. population and that in itself is something to be damn proud of! Yeah, there is alot of BS to put up with, but in the end it's all worth it knowing you were part of the best military fighting force in the world. All branches serve their purpose, and are very important in defending our great country.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #49
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Boot camp in the 60s was not good. I hear its ok now, just the mind games. Dont be the first or last at anything. It will go by fast. Boot was the only part of the Navy that sucked... Jim
Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #50
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck buddy, it will be over before you know...no advice from me, sorry, different Company Commader different tactics. Just be prepared for what seems like pointless games.

Oh yea, the Cape May Crud, you might get a little sick...be prepared for that.

Welcome to the Coast Guard!

EDIT:

Fuck I never pay attention to the post dates!!! So I am assuming OP is out of boot and in the ranks by now