Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Ship out for boot

Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
Ship out for boot

Hey guys just have some questions for those in the USCG. What I should/shouldn't do while at boot? What to try for... and anything else you guys can think of would help alot.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
dmicgrif is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: EM2, CG STATION MAUI
Name: mike
dmicgrif's Tacoma Gallery
dont be the class yoeman, or class leader. be the MAA. that is an easy job and no watch. and just do what you are told. they will make you do a lot of random things, like making your racks in a min and goofy things. but dont fall asleep in class. and other then that just have fun. when do you go. i still know some people up there i could give them a heads you are coming.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
It's all a mind game. They try to break you down and build you back from scratch.
Just do what you're told, how and when your told. You'll do fine.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
don't volunteer for shit! unless your trying to stand out, then go for it!

boot camp for me was unfair, the drill instructor and I became great friends! ha ha, i was kinda cheated out of the whole experience! not to mention she was wicked hot!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post

boot camp for me was unfair, the drill instructor and I became great friends! ha ha, i was kinda cheated out of the whole experience! not to mention she was wicked hot!
Gotta love those hot TI's there were a few when I went through basic.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:59 AM   #6
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Gotta love those hot TI's there were a few when I went through basic.

LOL, they make the experience worth it! Ha ha! Go Bull Dogs!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
It's all a mind game. They try to break you down and build you back from scratch.
Just do what you're told, how and when your told. You'll do fine.
X2. Probably the best advice there is.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicgrif View Post
dont be the class yoeman, or class leader. be the MAA. that is an easy job and no watch. and just do what you are told. they will make you do a lot of random things, like making your racks in a min and goofy things. but dont fall asleep in class. and other then that just have fun. when do you go. i still know some people up there i could give them a heads you are coming.
I leave aug 10. can't wait to get this shit on the road!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
Well, lets see... I'm 6'7" sooooo im pretty sure ill stick out really well! Not to sound stupid but I come from being a team player and all that and don't have a problem with gettin on someone bc the lack of effort.... is that bad? Ive always been told its good.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Tall..you could go for recruit honor guard..they do fun things while in bootcamp. You could also be selected for the honor guard after boot camp if that interests you. Don't fall asleep, don't laugh when someone is getting their ass chewed for something dumb (don't even crack a smile, bite your cheeks till they bleed cuz i swear its gonna be funny), don't look out the window, don't look at the CC, be loud as fuck, always wear your shower shoes in the shower. The hot CC's are the worst, they will kick your ass cuz they know they are hot and they know you wanna look at them, they will be looking for it. Last but not least, enjoy yourself! Its 8 weeks! When your done you'll look back and be like damn...really?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
Tall..you could go for recruit honor guard..they do fun things while in bootcamp. You could also be selected for the honor guard after boot camp if that interests you. Don't fall asleep, don't laugh when someone is getting their ass chewed for something dumb (don't even crack a smile, bite your cheeks till they bleed cuz i swear its gonna be funny), don't look out the window, don't look at the CC, be loud as fuck, always wear your shower shoes in the shower. The hot CC's are the worst, they will kick your ass cuz they know they are hot and they know you wanna look at them, they will be looking for it. Last but not least, enjoy yourself! Its 8 weeks! When your done you'll look back and be like damn...really?
Ok. Sweet advice. How bad will the funny part be? I like to laugh but I also know when to shut my ass up.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Boot camp story:

We are all on line in the squad bay. This kid has his shoes on the wrong feet. They make him march around the squad bay opposite traffic patterns saying left when his right foot hits the ground and vice versa. 2 guys laugh cuz its funny shit. They make these 2 guys stand nose to nose going "ha ha ha ha ha" at each other the whole time this other kid is marching around the squad bay yelling. And the CC's are walking up and down the line in peoples faces daring them to laugh.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
And before you go, make sure your family knows not to send cookies or brownies or singing music cards...lol you will quickly stand out!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #14

hahahah! thats too much! im already laughin now!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
make sure you "zero" your lock, make sure you know you general orders, eyes in the boat. don't gain any attention to yourself. my good friend was a CC for 5 years, he loved that job, but they go for people that mess up, they are not there to break you, just make you better. boot camp was awesome, and make sure the first 3 days you pull your hat out of your ass before you take a shit, lol, it happens, seen it, and after you have to wear it on your head,
Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
Rich1790 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Rich
Rich1790's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I graduated from USCG boot May 20. A lot of the comments before me are pretty helpful. Always be loud and move fast.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
And before you go, make sure your family knows not to send cookies or brownies or singing music cards...lol you will quickly stand out!
My one bit of advice from a good friend's experience was the music card thing. His parents sent him one since they knew he was having a hard time, and it got him in a ton of trouble. Opened it at night or something when the barracks was supposed to be silent.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
Rich1790 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Rich
Rich1790's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
My one bit of advice from a good friend's experience was the music card thing. His parents sent him one since they knew he was having a hard time, and it got him in a ton of trouble. Opened it at night or something when the barracks was supposed to be silent.
Yep never open mail after taps. Some people get reverted for it. By the end of boot people started getting the music cards and the CC's wouldnt really care as long as they opened it within the ten minute mail reading time frame we were given.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #19
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYeah View Post
Ok. Sweet advice. How bad will the funny part be? I like to laugh but I also know when to shut my ass up.
anything that would seem mildly funny now will have you fallin on your ass laughing after just a few days. idk how it is with the coast guard but when i went to OCS for the Marine Corps the SIs were the funniest sons of bitches in the world. evil but funny.

The one thing that i would say got me through was to try to find one thing funny every day and at night when you get your so called personal time just laugh about it.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #20
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing is puddle pirates aren't really mil