Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

My dad just retired

Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
My dad just retired

After 26 years of service in the US Air Force, my dad retired. I guess it was just that time. He retired here in DC at the pentagon as a Colonel.

flew hh-3's-> original jolly greens
flew KC-10's -> 4500 flight hours

Earned bronze star and legion of merit among others. I have to say that I am proud of him.

On a side note, living as a retiree dependent is a little different than the usual. Him going to work in a suit is rather interesting.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Congrats, and thank your Dad for his service!
x2,3 and 4!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to your dad for his service. Nice name by the way
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
my dad just retired after 42 years as CMSgt, making $1000 a month for NOTHING!!! i dont even want to think of what a colonel pulls for retirement-- guarantee its more than my normal paycheck
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunshot-6A View Post
After 26 years of service in the US Air Force, my dad retired. I guess it was just that time. He retired here in DC at the pentagon as a Colonel.

flew hh-3's-> original jolly greens
flew KC-10's -> 4500 flight hours

Earned bronze star and legion of merit among others. I have to say that I am proud of him.

On a side note, living as a retiree dependent is a little different than the usual. Him going to work in a suit is rather interesting.
Yeah, I have to say, "that time" is well earned.

Life as a retiree dependent is going to be a lot more different when Tricare drops your coverage!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
my dad just retired after 42 years as CMSgt, making $1000 a month for NOTHING!!! i dont even want to think of what a colonel pulls for retirement-- guarantee its more than my normal paycheck

A grand is not a lot of money. Especially for so much given to the military. One of the reasons I got out. I want to have a good retirement when I get tired of playing the work game.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I would have thought that USAF retirement pay for an E-9 with 42 years would be a lot higher than $1,000.00 per month. ...

Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

I would have thought that USAF retirement pay for an E-9 with 42 years would be a lot higher than $1,000.00 per month. ...

thats what he tells me anyway, which was enough to make me cry-- guess i'll have to stick around for another 40 years and find out for myself
Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats what he tells me anyway, which was enough to make me cry-- guess i'll have to stick around for another 40 years and find out for myself

Go to a military site like Military.com or goggle it ... you might be very surprised at what you find. ...

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/gener...irementpay.htm

If grandfathered in the older retirement schedules ... I think that at 40 years, you got 100% of your base pay ... which would be over $7,000. a month ... I think ... ??? ...

Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
it has to be more than that. If you do 20 years, you get 50% of your base pay plus cola. An E-6 retired at 20 years would get more than $1000 a month.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would guess you dad was either Reserve or National Guard. Their retirement is based on a point system rather then Active Years of Service. You get points for Drill, AT, and each day spent on Active Duty. More points more money. Less points less money.