Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Navy and Airforce wearing ACUs?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Navy and Airforce wearing ACUs?

I just arrived at my mobilization site and I am seeing many airmen and sailors wearing the Army Combat Uniform.

Can anyone chime in with some info on this?

I know the air force uniforms are made of a super heavy and hot material, are you wearing ACUs because your is too hot?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
upflying is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
upflying's Tacoma Gallery
Answers here..
http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/dress/index.asp
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
rentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to behold

Army: 13B
Name: Brent
rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
They are both allowed to wear it when attached to Army or special forces operations in theatre. You will also see Translators, Civilians, and DEA agents wearing the ACU's while attached or in the care of army command.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
ThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud of

Navy: MA2 NAF El Centro
Name: Rafael
ThizzMex's Tacoma Gallery
Individual Augmentee ---Sailors in the Army
Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
it's pretty good that that is actually in place now , 3 years ago i was one foe the first groups of IA sailors to ship to Afghanistan , they put us in DCU's , there was 3 navy guys on our FoB , and the rest were army, so our army guys gave us ACUs so we wouldn't stand out while on missions, when we left country we got our asses chewed for "being out of uniform" it was awesome
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the links thizzmex and upfliying. That satisfied my curiosity.

When I first saw it I thought there was a colonel walking my way and then I noticed he couldn't have been older than 20 and I thought WTF.

I'm sure you can see how this would throw me off from a distance.