Notices

EAD dates came in!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
AFmac is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Rudy
AFmac's Tacoma Gallery
Talking EAD dates came in!

I just recently graduated from UF and commissioned as a 2nd LT into the USAF! I got my dates this past week and will EAD on 3 Feb 2011. I will be going into Security Forces and my first assignment is the 820th SG out of Moody AFB, GA. The downside is that I will be on casual status from Feb until late August when I head out to Lackland AFB, TX for tech school. If anyone else on here has experience with being SF (both enlisted and officer), I'd love to hear about your time serving and get a feel for what its gonna be like in the world's best Air Force!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man, all i can really say it that lackland sucks ass... sorry

good luck
Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
87seph is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
87seph's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me that the Air Force WILL, not might, but WILL mess up your pay. Start saving money and try to save up for about 2 months rent and food.

ASBC isn't that hard, though they recently changed from a single final test to written assignments. Not sure how the assignments are, but I was not impressed with nature of the test, so hopefully it's a step in the right direction. The most beneficial portion I took from it was time with the SrNCOs. I'd say dive head-first into that and get as much out of it as possible. Otherwise use it as a time to network, it comes in handy.

Number one rule, take care of your people and they'll take care of you.

-Mike
Old 09-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
Air Force:
AFmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87seph View Post
Trust me that the Air Force WILL, not might, but WILL mess up your pay....

Number one rule, take care of your people and they'll take care of you.

-Mike
Haha ya. I've heard about the pay and to save up. Ill be working from now until I EAD and just putting it aside for that reason. And thanks for the good advice.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87seph View Post
Trust me that the Air Force WILL, not might, but WILL mess up your pay.

-Mike
100% true! it took them almost a year to pay me my whole severence package from my MEB discharge... blue falcon!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
nice!! Congrats man! Did you pick SF or how does the selection work in AFROTC?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
Air Force:
AFmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
nice!! Congrats man! Did you pick SF or how does the selection work in AFROTC?
ya i picked it. selection is fairly simple. anyone that wants to go up for a pilot or navigator or combat controller goes through that process separately and finds out earlier. the rest of us just create our "dream sheets" (cant remember the official form number and all) and that gets submitted. based on out PT scores, commanders ranking, GPA, Field Training performance we are then placed into what Headquarters AFROTC see fitting. They try to get us something in our top 3 but it doesn't always work out that way. I got lucky and got SF! Just wish February would roll around sooner.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFmac View Post
ya i picked it. selection is fairly simple. anyone that wants to go up for a pilot or navigator or combat controller goes through that process separately and finds out earlier. the rest of us just create our "dream sheets" (cant remember the official form number and all) and that gets submitted. based on out PT scores, commanders ranking, GPA, Field Training performance we are then placed into what Headquarters AFROTC see fitting. They try to get us something in our top 3 but it doesn't always work out that way. I got lucky and got SF! Just wish February would roll around sooner.
Thats awsome! If I don't get picked up for Flight warrant next month I will be getting out and going into AFROTC next fall at Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach. The size of det 157 worries me though of my chance at getting a flight slot due to the amount of cadets who want the same thing.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #9
Air Force:
AFmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats awsome! If I don't get picked up for Flight warrant next month I will be getting out and going into AFROTC next fall at Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach. The size of det 157 worries me though of my chance at getting a flight slot due to the amount of cadets who want the same thing.
UF was similar in size. closer to the 140 mark but still fairly large. Its not hard to distinguish yourself from everyone else there thou. Usually pretty easy to tell who actually wants to be there and who is just looking for a scholarship and free ride through college. The Cadre will notice it most of all. Had it not been for bad eyesight I'd have a pilot slot. but i knew that going in and i am just as happy going SF
Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFmac View Post
UF was similar in size. closer to the 140 mark but still fairly large. Its not hard to distinguish yourself from everyone else there thou. Usually pretty easy to tell who actually wants to be there and who is just looking for a scholarship and free ride through college. The Cadre will notice it most of all. Had it not been for bad eyesight I'd have a pilot slot. but i knew that going in and i am just as happy going SF
Det 157 is actually at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, but yeah it has roughly 140 cadets. I think I would do good there. Right now I'm studying for the AFOQT and the table reading part is so hard to finish in time...its easy, but the amount of questions and the allotted time make it difficult. How long did you study for before taking it? What did you score? Thanks for your time!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Air Force:
AFmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Det 157 is actually at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, but yeah it has roughly 140 cadets. I think I would do good there. Right now I'm studying for the AFOQT and the table reading part is so hard to finish in time...its easy, but the amount of questions and the allotted time make it difficult. How long did you study for before taking it? What did you score? Thanks for your time!
I actually did not study one bit for it. My scores were -- Pilot 86, Nav 85, AA 84, Verbal 68 (ehh), Quantitative 86. I was awarded a pilot slot with these and my TBAS but cant remember what my PCSM score was and cant find the paperwork on it right now. Might be in the attic. But I couldn't keep it b/c of my eyes like i said. Hope it helps!