LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

San Diego or Pacific Northwest

Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego or Pacific Northwest

So its that time again... moving time... well not for awhile (April) but I need to decide.

San Diego to an Aircraft Carrier

of

PNW to an Aircraft Carrier

The PNW is home, born and raised. I was stationed there in just last year... but yeah its home

San Diego has the weather, beaches, and so much to do... but its not home... plus I can ride my motorcycle year round down there

so where should I go?

btw, I have to 12 months in Iraq before I transfer though, so I won't be reaching either place til about mid 2012

or

Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Pnw ftmfw! No 12th man in cali
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
Pnw ftmfw! No 12th man in cali
ah the 12th man! they were in effect last week vs San Fran
Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
san diego for sure!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir I was on the 20 right above the suites place was a mad house the TV does the crowd noise no justice it feels like electricity running through your body
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
Yes sir I was on the 20 right above the suites place was a mad house the TV does the crowd noise no justice it feels like electricity running through your body
ah I do miss that...
Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
PNW!!!!!! I'm moving there next year (Portland). I love San Diego but I honestly love the scenery and the weather (I HATE Southern California weather, it's so boring) and the feel of the PNW better.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
im from portland derek, i promise, rain, 260 days of the year gets old
Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego, you won't regret it.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego FTW! wish i lived there.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
im from portland derek, i promise, rain, 260 days of the year gets old

Sun 343 days a year gets old.

I'm from New York so I'm no stranger to weather.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
kittykat will become famous soon enough

Name: Kat
kittykat's Tacoma Gallery
PNW! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but that's just me.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
PNW! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but that's just me.
yeah PNW is my home... plus I own a house there... but I've lived in the PNW for about 24 of my 28 years, it might be time for a change
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
San Diego is a great town to live in. We have Mountains, Desert, Ocean, and a superb climate. Ocean = 20 minutes, Mountains, = 45-60 minutes, Desert = 90 minute drive.
depending on where you live

ocean = 9 minutes. mountains = 45minutes (ramona counts) desert = (depending on where you go) like 90 - 120 minutes
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
YES to San Diego. It's a vacation on a day off from work. Lots of TW peeps down here too that get together for trail runs and meet & greets.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Forget rainy PacNorWest.

It's all about sunny San Diego.

We have more meets and people in SoCal. Our women wear less clothing too.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTacoman View Post
Dude.... your "Mountains" ain't even foothills compared to the PNW. You want to see some real mountains head to Oregon or Washington, they have MOUNTAINS!

Yeah, ocean, desert, and climate are great in SD.

But check out the DUNES in Oregon. That's some FUN on an ATV.
i will have to agree with this.

minus mammoth and tahoe.

but i looooove mt hood
Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I spent 5 years stationed in San Diego at NAS North Island... I loved every minute of it, especially riding my motorcycle daily! I was discharged and returned home to PDX and never regret not taking the job offer to stay in SoCal or being able to ride a bike 365 days a year. I missed the mountains & rivers too much!! Good luck with your decision...
Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #20
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
YES to San Diego. It's a vacation on a day off from work. Lots of TW peeps down here too that get together for trail runs and meet & greets.
believe it our not but this is factor for me in my next dutystation...