Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

1 week till I leave for Navy RTC.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
1 week till I leave for Navy RTC.

In exactly 7 days, I will be on a plane to Chicago airport to start my Recruit Training for the Navy!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
"You maggots have three minutes to shit, shower and shave and fall out on the grinder in the uniform of the day! And you used two of them staring at me with your pie holes open! Now move!"
Good luck in your Navy career and thank you for choosing to serve your country!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Keep an open mind. Many things they want you to do will appear to be a pain in the ass and senseless. Just do them. It will be over before you know it and you will look back and think that it "Wasn't so bad!"
Best of luck in the pursuit of your new career and thanks for your commitment to your country.
I was 17 when I enlisted decades ago.........I was off the farm in Vermont and scared as hell. Finally retired after 30+ years in 2001.
Remember....the armed forces are really a cross-section of the population of this country, and the regional, ethnical, and religious cultures that abound here. There is much to learn, so embrace and respect the differences, and it will help you to become a well-rounded person. By the way.....some unsolicited advice....NEVER, EVER turn down ANY training that is offered you!
Good luck.........!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice!!! I hope to make you and all my other Navy brothers proud.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and good luck.

Ahhh the memories of RTC...... what a mind shag that was !
Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

... ^^^ ... The above posters gave you some good advice.

I joined the USNR at 17 y/o ... and transferred to the USMC several years later. Started out as enlisted and went to Great Lakes boot camp at 17 y/o.

The good thing about being at the Great Lakes Boot Camp this time of the year is the weather.
No hot summers and no super cold winters on the grinder ... your weather should be perfect.

Good luck and just follow orders and you will be fine ... and keep us posted.