1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1 week till I leave for Navy RTC.

Discussion in 'Military' started by Sheepdog, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    In exactly 7 days, I will be on a plane to Chicago airport to start my Recruit Training for the Navy!!!

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    "You maggots have three minutes to shit, shower and shave and fall out on the grinder in the uniform of the day! And you used two of them staring at me with your pie holes open! Now move!"
    Good luck in your Navy career and thank you for choosing to serve your country!

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Keep an open mind. Many things they want you to do will appear to be a pain in the ass and senseless. Just do them. It will be over before you know it and you will look back and think that it "Wasn't so bad!"
    Best of luck in the pursuit of your new career and thanks for your commitment to your country.
    I was 17 when I enlisted decades ago.........I was off the farm in Vermont and scared as hell. Finally retired after 30+ years in 2001.
    Remember....the armed forces are really a cross-section of the population of this country, and the regional, ethnical, and religious cultures that abound here. There is much to learn, so embrace and respect the differences, and it will help you to become a well-rounded person. By the way.....some unsolicited advice....NEVER, EVER turn down ANY training that is offered you!
    Good luck.........!

4. Oct 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    Thanks for the advice!!! I hope to make you and all my other Navy brothers proud.

:cheers:

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    crazyman

crazyman Not bothered....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Crystal Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 DC/SB TRD/OR V6 Auto, Magnetic Gray
    Does Plasti-Dip count as a mod ?
    Congrats and good luck.

Ahhh the memories of RTC...... what a mind shag that was !

6. Oct 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.

... ^^^ ... The above posters gave you some good advice.

I joined the USNR at 17 y/o ... and transferred to the USMC several years later. Started out as enlisted and went to Great Lakes boot camp at 17 y/o.

The good thing about being at the Great Lakes Boot Camp this time of the year is the weather.
    No hot summers and no super cold winters on the grinder ... your weather should be perfect.

Good luck and just follow orders and you will be fine ... and keep us posted.

Products Discussed in

To Top