Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Blue Angels

Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i've tried to fly...myself...
Then you would have to flap very very hard....
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
dont even pretend like you havent tried to fly
Old 10-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #23
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
dont even pretend like you havent tried to fly
Glide, repetedly...."Fly"..No.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Falling off ladders/roofs/hookers/cars/sidewalks doesn't count as "gliding" either. That's like trying to say my helo glides....
It is UNPOWERED flight...therefore "Gliding".....Just...with a very steep glide slope.....
Old 10-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I saw them on Thursday and Friday when i was going to the Giants Games. They are badass!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #27
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Max speed is about 320 Kias(structural limit at sea level), what comes into play is maneuver load factor, aircraft loading, fuel distribution, etc.

Fat albert has most of its extra equipment stripped out, no external tanks, and hence no reduction in pressure to the aileron boost pack, so it can really rock and roll - When I flew with them we were doing 300 knots indicated, and pulling 2-2 1/2 G's pos, and then doing negative pushover to about -1 G (got a ton of hang time - enough to do back flips, etc)

I sat in the best seat in the house, the center escape hatch has been removed and the plastic dome installed, so your sitting outside the plane - and as a engineer it was cool seeing how much the wings flex, not to mention the 360 degree view was tough to beat.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #28
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post
Max speed is about 320 Kias(structural limit at sea level), what comes into play is maneuver load factor, aircraft loading, fuel distribution, etc.

Fat albert has most of its extra equipment stripped out, no external tanks, and hence no reduction in pressure to the aileron boost pack, so it can really rock and roll - When I flew with them we were doing 300 knots indicated, and pulling 2-2 1/2 G's pos, and then doing negative pushover to about -1 G (got a ton of hang time - enough to do back flips, etc)

I sat in the best seat in the house, the center escape hatch has been removed and the plastic dome installed, so your sitting outside the plane - and as a engineer it was cool seeing how much the wings flex, not to mention the 360 degree view was tough to beat.
That is cool stuff thanks for sharing your experience buddy-we are proud of what you guys do and I am honored to read ya! You guys are a beautiful reminder of just how awesome this Country is and I am moved every damn time I see you out there.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #29
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the Eighties I lived on Treasure Island while stationed at Alameda. The Blue Angles did a show in San Fran and practiced over the bay the day before. Their practice flight took them right over T.I. and we all went down to the waters edge to watch. My Mom was awe struck to see and feel a jet fighter right over her head (I admit it was pretty f - ing cool too). This was when they still used the A4 Sky Raider, but I can imagine it would be terrifying having one bear down on you for real. I was lucky to see the Blue Angles several times and the Thunderbirds once. What is most amazing is these guys are just everyday fighter pilots. Our nation is fortunate to have them to protect us.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I saw these guys fly in Midland/Odessa Airshow, and the thunderbirds. Both cool shows and maneuvers.
Very sad what happened a couple years ago with one of their guys going down, due to high G's. But the show must go on.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #32
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Colton+1 krooks let's see more Angels!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #33

uhh I don't think my lil peashooter camera can match that those are sharp!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #34
CannondaleMan is on a distinguished road

Marines: Corporal of Marines
CannondaleMan's Tacoma Gallery
I was stationed in Pensacola in 1993 and used to sit in the quad of our barracks and watch them practice a few times a week. Freaking awesome.

Brought my wife to Pensacola several years ago and we were fortunate enough to see a triple treat. Got to watch the Canadian Snowbirds, Air Force Thunderbirds, and Blue Angels. As a former Marine, maybe I ma biased, but the Blues are the best.

One of these days I would love to be over in Pensacola Beach to watch the air show on Blue Angels Weekend. Pensacola Beach/Santa Rosa Island has some of the most beautiful beaches around.

And if you are ever in Pensacola, set apart a day and head over to the Naval Air Station and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum (www.navalaviationmuseum.org) for a most excellent - and FREE - museum showcasing Naval, Marine, and Coast Guard aviation history.

The 2011 Blue Angels schedule was just published too. Got 2 air shows next Summer within an easy driving distance to me.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/0...n-2011-091610/
Old 10-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #35
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannondaleMan View Post
I was stationed in Pensacola in 1993 and used to sit in the quad of our barracks and watch them practice a few times a week. Freaking awesome.

Brought my wife to Pensacola several years ago and we were fortunate enough to see a triple treat. Got to watch the Canadian Snowbirds, Air Force Thunderbirds, and Blue Angels. As a former Marine, maybe I ma biased, but the Blues are the best.

One of these days I would love to be over in Pensacola Beach to watch the air show on Blue Angels Weekend. Pensacola Beach/Santa Rosa Island has some of the most beautiful beaches around.

And if you are ever in Pensacola, set apart a day and head over to the Naval Air Station and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum (www.navalaviationmuseum.org) for a most excellent - and FREE - museum showcasing Naval, Marine, and Coast Guard aviation history.

The 2011 Blue Angels schedule was just published too. Got 2 air shows next Summer within an easy driving distance to me.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/0...n-2011-091610/

That museum is great! My dad had his retirement ceremony there. The old Spanish fort close by is pretty cool too.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #36
too many clowns, not enough circuses.
daftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: François Dillinger
daftcon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjon View Post

are you a schenectady guy or just regular guard?