Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Courage, respect and honor.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Courage, respect and honor.

Just caught this on another forum I belong to. I'm amazed at the bravery and selfless acts shown over and over and over and we hear so little about them.......I guess the mainstream media is too concerned about Lindsay Lohan's legal troubles and who got eliminated on "Dancing with the stars".

I know the term "Hero" gets thrown around pretty loosely these days but if it doesn't apply here I don't know what does. In an age where Rap singers and morally corupt athletes are common role models, this is an example of the kind of people that truly make this world go around.

It's often said "Thank you for your service". To the members here who have served or currently are....... know that we really mean it.

"MIKE MONSOOR"

April 5th, 1981 ~ September 29th, 2009

Mike Monsoor,was Awarded "The Congressional Medal Of Honor" last week,For Giving His Life In Iraq , after he Jumped On, And Covered With His Body, A Live Hand Grenade,Saving The Lives Of A Large Group Of Navy Seals That Was Passing By!

~

During Mike Monsoor's Funeral, At Ft . Rosecrans National Cemetery in San Diego , California
the Six Pallbearers Removed The Rosewood Casket From the Hearse,
and Lined Up On Each Side Of Mike Monsoor's Casket with His Family Members, Friends, Fellow Sailors, And Well-wishers .
The Column Of People Continued From The Hearse, All The Way To The Grave Site .
What The Group Didn't Know At The Time Was,
Every Navy Seal(45 To Be Exact) that Mike Monsoor Saved That Day Was Scattered Through-Out The Column!

~
As The Pallbearers Carried The Rosewood Casket
Down The Column Of People To The Grave Side .
The Column Would Collapse . .
Which Formed A Group Of People That Followed Behind .

~
Every Time The Rosewood Casket Passed A Navy Seal,
He Would Remove His Gold Trident Pin From His Uniform,
And Slap It Down Hard,
Causing The Gold Trident Pin To Embed Itself
Into The Top Of The Wooden Casket!
Then The Navy Seal Would Step Back From The Column, And Salute!

~

Now For Those,Who Don't Know What A Trident Pin Is,
Here Is The Definition!

~

After One Completes The Basic Navy Seals Program Which Lasts For Three Weeks,
And Is Followed By Seal Qualification Training,
Which Is 15 More Weeks Of Training,
Necessary To Continue Improving Basic Skills And To Learn New Tactics And Techniques,
Required For An Assignment To A Navy Seal Platoon .
After successful completion,
Trainees Are Given Their Naval Enlisted Code,
And Are Awarded The Navy Seal Trident Pin .
With This Gold Pin They Are Now Officially Navy Seals!
It Was Said,
That You Could Hear Each Of The 45 Slaps From Across The Cemetery!
By The Time The Rosewood Casket Reached The Grave Site,
It Looked As Though It Had A Gold Inlay From The 45 Trident Pins That Lined The Top!

Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Great post Squad, I pray every day for our men and women of the Armed Forces, and they have my utmost respect. Words cannot express my gratitude to all who have served our country, from those abroad to those here at home.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
RIP Sir.

Very brave person, certainly this is the kind of people our kids should be looking up to. Not sluts like Paris Hilton or the many idiots that play Basketball or football.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
This story and the videos that go with it make me cry every time.

The sound of those pins driving into that wooden top is amazing....I'm kinda getting chills thinking about it. I'll see if I can't dig up the videos I have when I get home.
Can you post a video of the funeral. I'd like to watch it.

Great post.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Can you post a video of the funeral. I'd like to watch it.

Great post.
I couldn't find the video of the funeral, only part of it. But I found this video which is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfK2BQCIIes
Old 10-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Thanks Bako for that vid......Brunes if you could find the other footage we'd love to see that as well.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen the post before. Too bad our mainstream media dismisses incidents like this in favor of gangbangers, whores and politicians. This is what American means to me. We don't need any more heroes- we just need to publicize the ones we already have.

God bless them, every last one of them.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Thanks Bako for that vid......Brunes if you could find the other footage we'd love to see that as well.
I wish I could find it- Seems that the actual video has been removed. Most of them are still shot collages...Still got me crying with my son looking at me like I'm crazy.
This is one of the better ones but it's still the same clip from the end of the first video- I like Gary Sinese's tone/inflection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzAf...eature=related

Guys like Mike Monsoor make me damn proud to be an American.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #10
zx5go is on a distinguished road

zx5go's Tacoma Gallery
I sent this story out to the guys I work with shortly after it happened. Movies make it seem like falling on a grenade is just what people do if one is tossed their way...it is not. Human instict is self-preservation above all else. It is the act of a hero to put the lives of others first. Monsoor was in a position to have escaped and instead chose his course of action...chose is probably a very poor term to use as it seems heroism was just part of his nature as this was not his first act of bravery and heroism (just Google it and read).

I told my guys (ok we work in IT so this is never going to happen) if someone throws a grenade at us not only will I run but I will likely kick it your way before I take off. I am not making light of the situation, I'm just saying there are reasons these guys are called heros.

Never Forget.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Thanks Mark.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
God Bless Mike Monsoor, and his Familly.

As often as I think to myself that there are shit people in this world, political bullshit, gangs, etc., I try to reflect and give thanks every night to the people that serve this country. There are many Heros out there that go unrecognized every day, and I dont think they get even a fraction of the recognition they deserve. One of the very unfortunate things.......Many dont get the recognition from the civilians they protect, until their untimely death. Please try to find time to thank a member of our service, weatehr public or Military.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5go View Post
Human instict is self-preservation above all else. It is the act of a hero to put the lives of others first. Monsoor was in a position to have escaped and instead chose his course of action...
Bingo!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #14
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for posting Marc
Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, with balls that big and made out of brass I'm surprised he didn't live and just buff that out.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
A true American hero. Thank you Mike and all the service men and women who sacrifice everyday so that we can live free.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
God Bless Mike Monsoor, and his Familly.

As often as I think to myself that there are shit people in this world, political bullshit, gangs, etc., I try to reflect and give thanks every night to the people that serve this country. There are many Heros out there that go unrecognized every day, and I dont think they get even a fraction of the recognition they deserve. One of the very unfortunate things.......Many dont get the recognition from the civilians they protect, until their untimely death. Please try to find time to thank a member of our service, weatehr public or Military.
Well said Chris, well said. God Speed Mike Monsoor, your country mourns you.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
Oorah Mike Monsoor!