1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

don't ask

Discussion in 'Military' started by coffeesnob, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    What do you all think about don't ask don't tell? I have never been in the military so I don't know how those who are actually affected by this feel about it. Is it a big deal? Non issue? are there even lots of gays in the military?

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I think this qualifies as asking... I'm ok with it. A lot of people are gay and you'd never know it. I'm not in the military but have many family members and very close friends who are so you can take my opinion as you will. As far as I'm concerned, if they're willing to put their lives on the line and join the service, they get my respect, gay or straight. I can't speak for those in the service as to what they see are the pitfalls or what they have experienced.

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    I served along side some people who were pretty open about their sexual preference and it never really bothered me. Josh's bs opinion is that its only an issue if you make it an issue. I dont agree with the lifestyle, but if they're happy, I am happy for them.

Products Discussed in

To Top