1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any active duty AF recruiters??

Discussion in 'Military' started by rex99, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    rex99

rex99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    I'm currently in the 111 MDG in the PA Air Nat'l Guard as a BMET (4A231) and want to go active. Today I took off work to visit a recruiting office. One of the offices wasn't even open, the other told me the only jobs available for prior service were jobs such as pararescue, EOD, and the like (nothing that I'm physically fit enough to do:rolleyes: ). I was hoping that there may be an AD recruiter here, or perhaps anyone in general that could help. I would prefer not to reclass, but if there's something else that interests me, I may jump on it.

The Army recruiters in the same office said they'd love to have me, but I really don't want to change services:p

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    i was "almost" a recruiter but then I got offered the job to be a Tech School instructor.

I know a few people that have tried to go AD, from G/Rsv and it tends to be hard being that we have a 8-12 month waiting list to join the AF. but your best bet would be to find an undermanned career field, that you are able to do... if your not in the best shape, EOD, CCT and Pararescue are basicly out of the question...

but there are other jobs that are undermanned, Security Forces, Air Trans, CE, Fire Fighters..

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    you should be able to look up and call any recruiter and talk to them.. or seek info from your 1st Sgt, or orginization on your base that handles the transition at the Airman support center

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Have you looked into Active Guard positions?

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    Thanks for the input-- I've talked with my shirt and commander and, although they don't want to lose me, they've been really supportive. And while I'm not in terrible shape, I just would rather not take on a job such as EOD, SF, etc. I have a really good job now (11 month tech school) and would really like to keep it. I'm just wondering why they would rather bring in a new guy off the street, pay for his BMT, tech school and more (plus the chance of him/her washing out of the class), when they could have me already ready to work.

6. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    My base has an active guard slot, but they won't give it to me because they have to allow one of the mechanics who lost their job because of BRAC to try out for it. Worst comes to worst, I guess I could see if another base has an AGR slot. Thanks

7. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Exactly.:D

8. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    I heard the Marines are hiring :rolleyes:

haha but I know you said you don't want to go to a different service.

9. Oct 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    lol marines...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i kid, of course, but the marines doesnt even have their own medical service, and i'll be damned if im going navy (i mean that in the best way of course:D:D)

Products Discussed in

To Top