Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

largest knife allowed to carry UNCONCEALED on base

Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
largest knife allowed to carry UNCONCEALED on base

i have heard a MILLION different opinions on this, and now its time to hear some of your opinions. i have a very nice knife my dad bought me and i would like to carry it for personal use. the blade is just a little bit over 4" long and ive heard 3 3/4", the width of your palm, and many other things as well. does anybody know for sure what size knife i can carry UNCONCEALED?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
ask the police or security on your base
Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Vary's state to state, not sure about a MB though.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
ask the police or security on your base
This. The whole "no personal weapons" thing on base and the fact that is is a "controlled federal facility" 18 USC 930 talks about federal defintions of dangerous weapons and has an exception for pocket knives with blades under 2.5 inches except in areas where no weapons are allowed (federal biuldings etc.) I don't remember if the "no weapons" clause pertains to military bases is from 18USC930 or the title for the military.

Either way- I would ask about that to your local security dept...without bringing the knife with you...Maybe just a photo. And also make sure you check the state regulations where you are...cause it might be legal on base...and illegal on your drive home...
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery

I liked using my KBAR but I doubt I could carry it around Garrison. Some Joe had it on his hip while at the Ft. Hood PX, MP's showed up real quick.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
If i saw someone carrying a knife on their hip or something in cammies i'd just think, "what a boot".