Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

H.A.M.R. Is getting pushed...

Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
H.A.M.R. Is getting pushed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc8gKerzUFk

This is an interesting development. Rifle functions as closed bolt until heat at battery rises and then becomes open bolt weapon. Anyone seeing the FN rifles downrange yet?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
sandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Team Leader 120th Infantry NCNG
Name: Michael
sandboxpirate's Tacoma Gallery
Only place I have seen them is in the local gun shop. FN makes some good weapons but their commercials are kinda cheesy. At least that one was.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
At 11#'s its pretty heavy....
Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! I got to shoot some of the very first prototypes of this weapon when I was in, its was a decent platform, but kind of heavy and being a first run gun, had a few faults. I'll give it to the guys at FN Herstal, they make a good weapon. That aside, I dont know why the teams went with it, HK, POF, LWRC are much better platforms IMHO.

I still prefer my ACR over that thing though.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
...I still prefer my ACR over that thing though.
You get your letter from Bushmaster about the ACR recall yet? I got all of mine one day at a time. Took a week and a half for them all to hit the mailbox.

Sometimes it seems that the people at FN are developing in a cul-de-sac. The same stuff just gets ported over to a different caliber. I dunno. I remember the Colt open bolt M-16 with the heavy upper barrel and goofy handgrips. Think a couple of countries bought it but I'm pretty sure we passed.

I was hoping that this guy would get some play as this thing is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEDlMZmYGFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYw4tEGqtIk

http://www.aresdefense.com/
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I got my letter, but their customer support had me on hold for 30 minutes and I said screw it. I am STILL waiting to hear about the release of the 6.8mm kits. I love the ACR but bushmaster is pissing me off this line. I called Remington about it also and got a flat "i dunno".....

That ARES is pretty neat, but thats an awful lot of recoil to manage with such a light weight platform. the only one I've seen come cloes to being good weight wise and ergonomically would be a P90...but thats a whole new argument...