Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

probbly saved a ladys life today

Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDave View Post
It probably was a 2.5L Boxster engine. Those had some hideous flaws. The '98-'00 engines had porous blocks that would crack and cylinder sleeves that would slip. Later years had rear main seals that would leak like a sieve, and intermediate shaft bearings that would die. There are lots of reasons why oil would find itself suddenly outside the engine.

I researched all this when I was deciding between an '01 Boxster and an '05 Mustang GT.

I got the Mustang. After 3 years of ownership, it hasn't caught fire.
+1 As a Porsche Tech you couldn't give me a water cooled flat motored car made before 2006. Even then I'd trade it for a new 5.0 Mustang and never worry about out of this world maint and the costs that go with owning German junk......
Old 12-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #22
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Never pop the hood on a smoking car. It acts like a chimney and can flare up instantly.
Not only that, but there's a bunch of chemicals and stuff under there that can become lethal. I'm sure the firefighters around here would agree.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Not only that, but there's a bunch of chemicals and stuff under there that can become lethal. I'm sure the firefighters around here would agree.
yea your probably right, but it was pretty much done smoking when i opened it. probably not the smartest thing to do, but nothing happened
Old 12-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and yeah - good job. Sometimes I forget to say that. The world needs more Good Samaritans.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
thanks chicken and monkey