Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

"A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
"A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"

Thanks to all you military guys. Flags at half mast today.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to ask, but what is today? No offense.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
the same day when pearl harbor was attacked. December 7, 1941.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
The day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. 2,402 lives were lost that day of which nearly half came from the USS Arizona with 1,177 souls entombed within her hull.

It is amazing to me that a day of this significance is easily forgotten. The day after the attack the United States declared war on Japan and it was the "official" entry into WWII.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Amen. I never forget.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
It is amazing to me that a day of this significance is easily forgotten. The day after the attack the United States declared war on Japan and it was the "official" entry into WWII.

I asked my 13/yo son on what he knew from school on it and he said pretty much nothing. He learns more on the history of this country from me and his grandfather, oh and all the geeky shows on history channel I am always watching.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
R.I.P
Old 12-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
SMSgt / 2W091
El Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: IYAAYAS
Name: Beelzebub
El Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the U.S.S. Utah

Alot of people don't realize that the Arizona is not the only ship still sunk in Pearl Harbor. The Utah was moored on the west side of Ford Island at a berth usually where a carrier would have been. She was struck by torpedoes and started to roll over. She capsized and still has 58 men entombed inside her. She was partially righted to do salvage work but was left there. The Utah was originally built as a battleship. During the thirties she was converted to a training ship and then as a mobile target. Her deck would have wooden timbers on it to absorb inert bombs dropped from aircraft. As you can see, she was not a threat and the Japanese Naval leaders of the attack told crews not to attack her.

Here the Utah is starting to capsize

Taken during the attack from a Japanese aircraft, the Utah has rolled over. The cruiser Raleigh is moored in front of Utah and was in danger of capsizing too. She has a heavy list to port.

The capsized Utah on 8 December

The listing Raleigh with the Utah behind her.

Righting operations of the Utah

Drawing from a survey of the wreck

And as she lays now

Attached Thumbnails
"A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-g266626.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-h50933.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-h97401.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-g19938.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-h64301.jpg  

"A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-fig332.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-p1000059.jpg   "A Day Which Will Live in Infamy"-utah-wreck-500x332.jpg  
Old 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
The day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. 2,402 lives were lost that day of which nearly half came from the USS Arizona with 1,177 souls entombed within her hull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
Amen. I never forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
R.I.P
X2!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Diablo, great pics of the USS Utah.

RIP
Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
x10000 funny thing is I didn't hear much at all about this on TV or the radio but when I put the BBC broadcasting to South Africa from Asencion Island, St. Helena on my shortwave getter, they devoted an entire 47 minutes to Pearl Harbor! Other countries, it would seem, have more regard for us than we do-I get this perspective all the time from shortwave.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #17
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pearl Harbor day has always been observed round here.
If my grandfather wasn't denied shore leave on the 6th,My mother or I may have not even been born. But being a few miles off shore the U.S.S. Drayton was not attacked that day.
heres a little history, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Drayton_(DD-366)
Old 12-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I have not heard one person around work today even mention something about this today so far... makes me fucking sick.

If you have never been to Pearl Harbor, do it sooner than later. Thanks for the pics dialbo

RIP to all our fallen heros.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I have not heard one person around work today even mention something about this today so far... makes me fucking sick.

If you have never been to Pearl Harbor, do it sooner than later. Thanks for the pics dialbo

RIP to all our fallen heros.
seriously. nobody evens knows these days. it's sad and pathetic
Old 12-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
20 Posts. There should be more. But it is bitter sweet, the fact that times have changed as they have and we all now embrase the Japanese as they do us. We drive their cars and trucks, we travel to and from each others countrys.
I have had family members who have lived in Japan for a while, and they made great friends there. Today is a day to never forget, but we all have learned from the past and made tremendous strides towards the future. Rest in Peace, this day, above all others is yours.