Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

CIC Obama forgets Coast Guard in Afghanistan

Old 12-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If I recall right they were part of the Navy first before becoming a seperate entity correct?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #22
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Pretty much standard ops for how the Coast Guard gets treated by everyone. The budget forget us, the Pres forgets us.

Hopefully someone remembers to help us help out during the next national (or international) disaster (Ref-Katrina, Haiti Earthquake, Deepwater Horizo, etc).
Yeah but you guys fall under DOHS, they have more important things to worry about like monitoring the interwebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
That reminds me, some dumb bitch told me that the Marines were the smallest branch because they call themselves "The Few"...I was like actually..thats not true. And then she proceeded to ask what the Coast Guard was. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Funny cause the Marines aren't even considered a branch...
Quote:
If I recall right they were part of the Navy first before becoming a seperate entity correct?
Still fall under the Navy! Giggity
Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #23
10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ron
10851's Tacoma Gallery
OK... To ALL of you Coasties.... Thank You for your service to this country! I love to fish in the Pacific Ocean.... I really appreciate seeing you guys flying over our boats and taking a look to see if we are ok....I know that not everyone in the Coast Guard flies... So to the rest of you... Thank You. It takes all of you to make the Coast Guard a great branch of our military... To ALL of you other military folks.... Thank You for your service!!! YOU ALL are examples of what is BEST IN THE GOOD OL USA!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Thank you for your support!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Yeah but you guys fall under DOHS, they have more important things to worry about like monitoring the interwebz

Yeah....We are the largest part of DHS- Still doesn't help our budget. I once heard that the budget for the Marine Recruiting programs exceeds the Coast Guard annual operating costs (not including personnel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10851 View Post
OK... To ALL of you Coasties.... Thank You for your service to this country! I love to fish in the Pacific Ocean.... I really appreciate seeing you guys flying over our boats and taking a look to see if we are ok....I know that not everyone in the Coast Guard flies... So to the rest of you... Thank You. It takes all of you to make the Coast Guard a great branch of our military... To ALL of you other military folks.... Thank You for your service!!! YOU ALL are examples of what is BEST IN THE GOOD OL USA!!!

You are welcome- It's stuff like this that make me love my job even more!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #26
Parigee is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
Parigee's Tacoma Gallery
As a future Coastie, I think we are often forgotten as a military force. The CG have been in every wars since Washington took power. We protected the U.S from every form of attacks possible ( pirates, drug traffic, immigrants, terrorism...) and we still get denied acknowledgement. I say BS !
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #27
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Lets not talk about that...LOL
Not yet. The vast majority of 65 drivers are going to HITRON or Atlantic City for second tours. AK might be an option if there are spots open...cause I don't want to go to either of those other two....
The CG get rid of the Augustas? If so why?

G
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #29
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parigee View Post
As a future Coastie, I think we are often forgotten as a military force. The CG have been in every wars since Washington took power. We protected the U.S from every form of attacks possible ( pirates, drug traffic, immigrants, terrorism...) and we still get denied acknowledgement. I say BS !
not to be a dick, but you can't really use the word "we" if you're not part of the CG yet...
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #30

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Aren't you guys just Life guards of the ocean?

(Waits for the asschewing)
Lol amongst a few other things! Granted a major portion of what we do is life guard-ish but before being called the Coast Guard, we were the Revenue Cutter Service...way way back. That lead to drug interdiction, then life saving stations/light boats/light houses. Now as we fall under DHS we conduct port security, vessel security, recreational and commercial vessel boardings to ensure compliance with all federal laws, drug interdiction, we work closely with CPB on both borders, we have tactical law enforcement teams that have been and are currently deployed around the world, some in Iraq, others on board Navy ships doing drug interdiction and anti-piracy ops.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #31

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
not to be a dick, but you can't really use the word "we" if you're not part of the CG yet...
Old 12-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #32
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post

Yup...damn squids...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #33
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The CG get rid of the Augustas? If so why?

G
Cause they weren't ours to begin with

The HITRON program was a trial thing at the outset and the CG did not have a helo in the inventory to meet the mission- so they leased the Augustas. The lease ended in 2008 and by that point the Dolphin (MH-65) was capable of supporting the HITRON mission...so they non-renewed the lease and transitioned the JAX Squadron to 65s.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #34

Law Enforcement:
The 65's have since been upgraded with a different propulsion set up correct? No longer "whistling shitcans" haha
Old 12-13-2010, 03:45 AM   #35
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 65's have since been upgraded with a different propulsion set up correct? No longer "whistling shitcans" haha
That whistle was a couple of things. The tailrotors have changed and the engines have been swapped. The right side doors don't fall off any more either....
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 AM   #36
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Look at it like this. If the Resident would have remembered you then your people downrange would have had to hand in their ammo too.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #37
0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice

Navy: 7815
0801's Tacoma Gallery
the who??

hah, i kid, i kid.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #39

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
But but but sir, Coasties is just another word for SQUIDS!
Uh the Navy are the Squids..lol Coastie's are...Ocean Life Guards. haha Oh and you know the reason Navy kids are so good looking?

They have Coastie dad's!