View Poll Results: Which is the best Special Ops Force
Navy SEALs 79 48.47%
Army Green Berets 21 12.88%
Army Delta Force 40 24.54%
Air Force Pararescue 18 11.04%
MARSO 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #41
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
ill end this quick! each unit has a very unique mission. you can not compare them to each other. when im not half drunk i will explain but for now just relize comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges. and for anyone out there that doesn't think i know what i am talking about. i am currently serving as one of these "special operation forces"
Ditto. "Green berets," vs Delta, vs SEALs, vs Recon, vs Rangers, vs AF parajumpers... very apples/oranges/grapefruit argument. They all have different aspects. Like comparing lamborghini to ferrari. Yeah, 4 wheels, really fast, italian cars but not quite the same.

that being said, I'm partial to Arm SF cuz I was brainwashed as a kid to my dad's buddy.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #42
Tennessee Volunteer!
volfan51128 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: MSgt
Name: Brian
volfan51128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Ditto. "Green berets," vs Delta, vs SEALs, vs Recon, vs Rangers, vs AF parajumpers... very apples/oranges/grapefruit argument. They all have different aspects. Like comparing lamborghini to ferrari. Yeah, 4 wheels, really fast, italian cars but not quite the same.

that being said, I'm partial to Arm SF cuz I was brainwashed as a kid to my dad's buddy.

True DAT! Also, I'm not seeing any love for the Air Force TAC-P.

they some bad mofos too.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Rangers...special operations....haha, yea whatever. ANd those green berets? I saw one that had to have been 50 pounds over weight. Not muscle weight, but fat weight when I was leaving afghanistan this year. What a joke.

Oh and the Navy Seals, they take anybody these days.

Police SWAT, pfft. I outshot a Police SWAT sniper instructor at the rifle range last week. And not by a few points but completely dominating him. I scored a 239/250 and he got a 222/250. Marine marksmanship is legendary.

Marine Reconnaissance are the top dogs out of all of em. Hands down.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #44
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Rangers...special operations....haha, yea whatever. ANd those green berets? I saw one that had to have been 50 pounds over weight. Not muscle weight, but fat weight when I was leaving afghanistan this year. What a joke. Nowadays yes...dad was a Ranger back in the day, (late 60's-early 70's)..didn't sound like a haha whatever gig

Oh and the Navy Seals, they take anybody these days. Haha so true! Sad to say, the Coasties that have been accepted to the Buds program have failed...

Police SWAT, pfft. I outshot a Police SWAT sniper instructor at the rifle range last week. And not by a few points but completely dominating him. I scored a 239/250 and he got a 222/250. Marine marksmanship is legendary.No joke here, Congrats!

Marine Reconnaissance are the top dogs out of all of em. Hands down You're a Marine
I wonder what people what vote if we put up Spetznaz, Israeli Special Forces, SAS, etc...
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #45
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
I wonder what people what vote if we put up Spetznaz, Israeli Special Forces, SAS, etc...
JTF2
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #46
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
JTF2
Canuck spec-ops?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #47
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
Canuck spec-ops?
Yes
Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #48
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
haha

he forgot a lot (heres a complete list)

Delta is tier 1 counter-terrorism and Special Mission Unit

Special Missions Units
1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D) "Delta Force"(United States Army)

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group "DEVGRU" (United States Navy)

United States Army
Special Forces ("Green Berets")
75th Ranger Regiment ("Rangers")

United States Marine Corps
Marine Special Operations Regiment

United States Navy
United States Navy SEALs

United States Air Force
United States Air Force Combat Control Team
United States Air Force Pararescue
Air Force Special Operations Weather Technician

United States Coast Guard
Coast Guard Deployable Operations Group

Intelligence Community Special Units
Special Activities Division (CIA)

Great list and there are still a few more unlisted here (that can't be listed).

One group that can be listed is the forgotten "Air American Group". Those guys were real loners and many times had to rescue each other or die alone. They were NOT like the movie either.

I will comment on opinions and my experiences later when I have not taken my evening sleeping meds. ...

Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #49
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
nobody uses the term delta force. thats not what they are called. that's just shit you see in movies and video games. the fact that everyone is using it shows how little everyone knows about this topic.

ehh, im not so sure about that , we call em that and we work with them , mabye not the proper term , but we use it haha

im also not voting on this because with more than one of said groups in the room, and watching me type it could get ugly for me quickly
Old 12-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #50
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Chuck Norris.

End of discussion

I'll abstain from actual voting, because I'm sure all SOFs are capable
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #51
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
Chuck Norris.

End of discussion

I'll abstain from actual voting, because I'm sure all SOFs are capable
Chuck Norris in "Delta Force" with that dirt bike with the rocket launchers. Straight pimpin!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rangers...special operations....haha, yea whatever. ANd those green berets? I saw one that had to have been 50 pounds over weight. Not muscle weight, but fat weight when I was leaving afghanistan this year. What a joke.

Police SWAT, pfft. I outshot a Police SWAT sniper instructor at the rifle range last week. And not by a few points but completely dominating him. I scored a 239/250 and he got a 222/250. Marine marksmanship is legendary.

Hahahaha! How did I know that some Marine was going to come in and say that all SFG's suck except for Marines?!

Wouldn't be a discussion without that shit!

Now go dig me a trench, devil dog.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #53
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in college I really wanted to join an Air Force Special Operations Weather Team. Something about the physical and mental of being deployed with "A" units to get accurate forecasts was exciting to me.

2 knee surgeries later, I kinda gave up on that...
Old 12-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #54
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOERanger View Post
Hahahaha! How did I know that some Marine was going to come in and say that all SFG's suck except for Marines?!

Wouldn't be a discussion without that shit!

Now go dig me a trench, devil dog.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #55
VTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud of

Name: Pt.
VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
The ones your are friends with.They are the best ones.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #56
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless which group gets the most votes, as determined by Hollywood, let's let them all know they're appreciated and held in awe.

Thank you gentlemen.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #57
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
he forgot a lot (heres a complete list) part 2

Delta is tier 1 counter-terrorism and Special Mission Unit

Special Missions Units
1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D) "Delta Force"(United States Army)

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group "DEVGRU" (United States Navy)

United States Army
Special Forces ("Green Berets")
75th Ranger Regiment ("Rangers")
160th SOAR

United States Marine Corps
Marine Special Operations Regiment
USMC Force Recon
USMC FAST co.
USMC MEU/SOC

United States Navy
United States Navy SEALs
USN SWCC
USN EOD
USN DIVERS

United States Air Force
United States Air Force Combat Control Team
United States Air Force Pararescue
Air Force Special Operations Weather Technician
USAF SOW's (AC/MC/EC-130's and other special aircraft)
United States Coast Guard
Coast Guard Deployable Operations Group

Intelligence Community Special Units
Special Activities Division (CIA)
FBI HRT
USSS CAT/ERT
DOE NEST/CNRT
a few more that will remain off this list...[/quote]

The Google-fu is strong here... and as a former FAST Co Designated Marksman from Mar 03 - Dec 04 I will say that I feel that the SEALs, Recon, Force Recon, Berets, and whatever Delta is called this decade are a couple of notches above FAST Co easily. I have partied with most of the serious SF groups (excluding Delta) and have found they can all pound some drinks with the best of them.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #58
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Then I come in, and say, Sorry kid, I'm putting you on limited duty...

boo-yah! Navy Medicine!

(just giving you shit - we all know you guys watch over us like we're your own kids. I'm a REMF - I get it. Thanks to all the real trigger guys that get the hard stuff done.)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #59
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGrrr View Post
The ones your are friends with.They are the best ones.
+1 Whichever is buying the drinks...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #60
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Then I come in, and say, Sorry kid, I'm putting you on limited duty...

boo-yah! Navy Medicine!

(just giving you shit - we all know you guys watch over us like we're your own kids. I'm a REMF - I get it. Thanks to all the real trigger guys that get the hard stuff done.)
Corpsman are the best. I have lots of great friends that are/were corpsman. Most can out PT the majority of the marines. Most know more than the marines about marine corps knowledge. I couldn't imagine the infantry without them. I cant comment on the other MOS's.