MARSO 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #121
doc1911 is on a distinguished road
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
Delta Force... hands down, they only recruit from the other special forces... so you have to already have passed the scrutiny of another SF before you even get considered to be screened by Delta
You're on it. No one else really comes close except for ST6 and they are a rung or two below DF.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #122
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
You're on it. No one else really comes close except for ST6 and they are a rung or two below DF.
Why do you say that?

Where is your evidence that DEVGRU is a rung or two below?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #123
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Its like a Lion trying to explain something to a monkey. You wont understand until your in the community, and if your not, you are clueless.

Was been, shouldA been has no credibility.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #124
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
I've really tried to not get into this conversation even though I have subscribed to it, but today I finally voted for Delta. My reasoning was, that following 9/11, DoD could have chosen any unit to kill/capture Bin Laden and they chose Delta. There are quite a few books on the Battle of Tora Bora which talk about how Delta went about this pretty amazing feat. Even though they were ultimately unsuccessful these operators killed thousands of Al Qaeda.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #125
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos0 View Post
What ever that father was from the moive "Taken" lol
CIA paramilitary. awesome movie.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #126
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post
Its like a Lion trying to explain something to a monkey. You wont understand until your in the community, and if your not, you are clueless.
A little rough around the edges but well said.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #127
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post

Was been, shouldA been has no credibility.
Quote:
A little rough around the edges but well said.
You could try...

Are you both of you SOF?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #128
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
ill end this quick! each unit has a very unique mission. you can not compare them to each other. when im not half drunk i will explain but for now just relize comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges. and for anyone out there that doesn't think i know what i am talking about. i am currently serving as one of these "special operation forces"

The smart guy in the group.

The mission determines the asset.

Go get 'em!!

G
Old 01-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #129
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The smart guy in the group.

The mission determines the asset.

Go get 'em!!

G
I wish that were true. It doesn't always happen like that. I hear the Navy is running around the mountains of Afghanistan. If the above assumtion was correct they would only be dealing with the pirates of the African coast and the Army and Marines would be in the mountains.

BTW, ST6 just killed a British hostage in Afghanistan while trying to rescue her. That would be an example of why ST6 is a rung or 2 below DF. Way to go boys.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #130
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish that were true. It doesn't always happen like that. I hear the Navy is running around the mountains of Afghanistan. If the above assumtion was correct they would only be dealing with the pirates of the African coast and the Army and Marines would be in the mountains.

BTW, ST6 just killed a British hostage in Afghanistan while trying to rescue her. That would be an example of why ST6 is a rung or 2 below DF. Way to go boys.
And and Operation Eagle Claw went great for DF. Everyone makes mistakes. Even the best.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #132
27taco1988 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Cpl
Name: Cody
27taco1988's Tacoma Gallery
its MARSOC....not marso
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #133
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Says the 19 year old!!!
Very true! Made plenty already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27taco1988 View Post
its MARSOC....not marso
I know. I figured I could leave off the "Command" but, yes you're right.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #134
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
And and Operation Eagle Claw went great for DF. Everyone makes mistakes. Even the best.
I'm talking about something that happened 2 months ago, not 25 years ago. Eagle Claw didn't result in any hostages beging killed only servicemen due to a massive sandstorm and an airplane crash. That is a far cry for an "elite" hostage rescue unit killing the hostage they where there to save
Old 01-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #135
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm talking about something that happened 2 months ago, not 25 years ago. Eagle Claw didn't result in any hostages beging killed only servicemen due to a massive sandstorm and an airplane crash. That is a far cry for an "elite" hostage rescue unit killing the hostage they where there to save
I'm sure DF has had failures that haven't made national news. However, I think I am going to surrender in this argument. It seems, from an outsider's perspective, that JSOC is sending DF more than DEVGRU. They would send the best so it sounds like they think Delta is better.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #136
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I'm sure DF has had failures that haven't made national news. However, I think I am going to surrender in this argument. It seems, from an outsider's perspective, that JSOC is sending DF more than DEVGRU. They would send the best so it sounds like they think Delta is better.

Yea cause all the books you have read disclose everything about what happened. This thread is stupid. so many people put in their .02 and it is completly bs. Really delta only recruits from other spec op units. uhh no. And you guys are discussing diffrent battles. I have been in fire fights 50 meters from my second squad and after it was all said and done I have no idea what happened with that squad, only mine. I will admit to the fog of war. or maybe I should read a book about a firefight a world away, then I would be an expert. This thread is stupid, its like asking whats better a shelby cobra or a cummings deisle. THEY ARE NOT COMPARABLE
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #137
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
stick to college bro, let the warfighters do what they do.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #138
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
They are all "the best." Each unit has their specific skill sets and AO's and each do them effectively and efficiently. With that said, I'm a huge fan of Force Recon just because they get jack for budget and have to do the best with others' leftovers.

I do like to compare the U.S. special ops groups to their counterparts. My fav's from across the globe are Russian OZNAZ (Alpha Group), British SAS, Germany's GSG9/KSK, and Israeli Matkal/Shayetet 13. Bad Mo Fo's!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #139
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the Army Rangers in your poll? If you are going to have GB's, Vanilla Seals, MARSCO and PJ's, you have to have the Rangers in there somewhere
Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #140
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
stick to college bro, let the warfighters do what they do.
Thank you for your service but, do you think because I go to a top university in the country that I don't have any idea what I'm talking about?

I will be a commissioned Naval Officer in two years after I'm done ROTC at school. I realize I'm not in the Navy yet, I have a long way to go, and a lot to prove but, I have my foot in the door and a desire to serve.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I thought the thread would make for a good discussion and it obviously has so chill out.

Quote:
Where are the Army Rangers in your poll? If you are going to have GB's, Vanilla Seals, MARSCO and PJ's, you have to have the Rangers in there somewhere
To be honest I just forgot, sorry.