Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

want to join USMC

Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Again Air force. they have a motor pool and is the only branch that guarantees you will do what you get trained for. unless its changed in the last 20yrs.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post
When you sign up for a job in the Corps, you fall in a category of other jobs. Ok, let me break this down...

YOU want Motor T... These are the jobs that fall under that category.

Automotive Organizational Mechanic
3522 --Automotive Intermediate Mechanic
3523 --Logistics Vehicle System Mechanic
3524 --Fuel and Electrical Systems Mechanic
3526 --Crash/Fire/Rescue Vehicle Mechanic
3529 --Motor Transport Maintenance Chief- SSGT or above
3531 --Motor Vehicle Operator
3533 --Logistics Vehicle System Operator
3534 --Semitrailer Refueler operator
3536 --Vehicle Recovery Operator
3537 --Motor Transport Operations Chief
3538 --Licensing Examiner

Your chances of working on a Mrap or truck are about 1 in 12. Half of Motor t are drivers, not mechs.
The needs of the Marine Corps will put in whatever job that falls in the Motor T category.

Are you picking up what im putting down?
yes sir i have been researching alot of this. also my recruiter said that i need to probly choose about 3 different mos because they will put me where they need me. thank you for your help and the informaton. talking to marines such as yourself will help me make the decisions that i need to.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #23
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Again Air force. they have a motor pool and is the only branch that guarantees you will do what you get trained for. unless its changed in the last 20yrs.
I second this.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
I was yeah, I'm a civilian now.
my frined just got back from afghan he was with 3/6 and he siad while he was over there did some operations with 1/6
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly, this goes for any job in the Corps.
Besides Infantry.
yup, 03killalot

Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #26
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
if you wanna work on engines... join the Navy... you'll be doing that right off the bat, marine engines (i.e boats and ships) not truck engines but the Navy prepares you for real life while the Marines just teach you discipline and how to shoot accurately...

the Marines will just screw you around and dump you into some BS job or infantry that YOU don't want... yes, TV teaches us that Marines are cool, Marines are tough, yes yes... but most of the jobs the corps wants you to do won't line up with the jobs you want to do. You work for the corps... let the Navy work for you.

btw, I've sampled MREs and watched some Marines dig trenches... but why would I do that... first I'm in the Navy (theres no trenches at sea), second I'm an Officer...

kidding, Marine, I have respect for the corps... but this kid sounds like he wants more than what the corps will shove down his throat
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
if you wanna work on engines... join the Navy... you'll be doing that right off the bat, marine engines (i.e boats and ships) not truck engines but the Navy prepares you for real life while the Marines just teach you discipline and how to shoot accurately...

the Marines will just screw you around and dump you into some BS job or infantry that YOU don't want... yes, TV teaches us that Marines are cool, Marines are tough, yes yes... but most of the jobs the corps wants you to do won't line up with the jobs you want to do. You work for the corps... let the Navy work for you.

btw, I've sampled MREs and watched some Marines dig trenches... but why would I do that... first I'm in the Navy (theres no trenches at sea), second I'm an Officer...

kidding, Marine, I have respect for the corps... but this kid sounds like he wants more than what the corps will shove down his throat
OP, dont listen to this guy hes an Officer.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

btw, I've sampled MREs and watched some Marines dig trenches... but why would I do that... first I'm in the Navy, second I'm an Officer...

kidding, devil dog, I have respect for the corps... but this kid sounds like he wants more than what the corps will shove down his throat
good post, but the same can also be said about the Air Force, not just the Navy.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #29
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
good post, but the same can also be said about the Air Force, not just the Navy.
yeah but Navy has a winning Football team... not much can be said about the Chair.... airforce
Old 12-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #30
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah but Navy has a winning Football team... not much can be said about the Chair.... airforce
true dat
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #31
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously, if you want a specific job then the USN and USAF are the best way to go... they both guarantee a specific job if you qualify for it... especially Mechanic (since most people don't want that) the USMC will just jerk you around and dump you were it needs you the most which could be almost anywhere.

If you must be a Marine then be prepared to not get the job you want
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #32
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
OP why did you ask if I was 1/6?
If you want some sort of specific skill then look elsewhere.

But if you want to be a part of something great, join the Marine Corps infantry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW4Gm5uFYQk
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... if that ain't inspirational, I don't know what is...
Old 12-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #34
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
OP, no matter what MOS, get in shape first. Find out how many push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups you have to do to pass boot camp and how fast you have to run a mile. Be able to to that stuff BEFORE you swear in. When the D.I. is yelling at you like you were a mile away, even though he's an inch from your face, remember it's not personnel but that all recruits are equally worthless. Good luck and thank you for choosing to serve your country.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:14 AM   #35
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

AF is 8-4 this yearand beat both Army and Navy and won the Commander and Chiefs Trophy......

The OP wants to work on NRAPS, obviously that's not going to happen in the AF. If you want to work on vehicles, you can work on the mighty Chevy Imapla for our police force or the powerful Chevy Silverado 1500 for our Logistic readiness guys, or a 42 pax bus for our post shuttle service

Then again you can always work on the engines of a $200M F-22 Raptor fighter jet?

So let me see perks of the AF: You get to live a comfortable lifestyle, no need to live on a boat for 6 months, and our uniforms are less hideous than what the navy's got going on Joining any service is a great thing...good luck on your decision.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #36

OP why did you ask if I was 1/6?
If you want some sort of specific skill then look elsewhere.

But if you want to be a part of something great, join the Marine Corps infantry.

i asked because i know a guy that is in 3/6 and i believe 1/6 and 3/6 were in combat together but im not completely sure.

well i would like to work on any vehicle like the mraps but am willing to work on any vehicle that they may need me to. i still have some time to decide and infantry may at sometime become the mos that i would like
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
OP, no matter what MOS, get in shape first. Find out how many push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups you have to do to pass boot camp and how fast you have to run a mile. Be able to to that stuff BEFORE you swear in. When the D.I. is yelling at you like you were a mile away, even though he's an inch from your face, remember it's not personnel but that all recruits are equally worthless. Good luck and thank you for choosing to serve your country.
i try to work out everyday and im able to a good number or pull ups push ups and crunches and i believe i have pretty good endurance. i know that the d.i. will beak you down and build you up to make you stronger mentally and physically. i try to look at it is they are doing that for my benefit not just becuase they dont like me.lol
Old 12-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is no reason to waste your time and money going to school for automotive analysis and repair if your going in the Marines in Sept. Serve your time, go to school while your in, and get paid to go to school when your out. Go soon as possible. The civilian school your attending is not going to help you work on MRAPS in the Corps.

If you want to be stuck inside the wire fixing broke Hmmwvs and MRAPS go for it. It may seen cool on the outside, but your going to hate your life. Go infantry, you will still hate your life but there will be a different sense of pride. The whole Marine Corps works for the rifleman. Join the Army if you want to work on trucks.

... ^^^ ... Well said & very true ... Grasshopper ...

Old 12-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #39
Bean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant futureBean has a brilliant future
Army: TC Officer
Name: Randy
Bean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
The Army guarantees you will get the training you signed up for. The only way you end up doing a different job is if you fail out of the school you initially enlist for, then you are reassigned to "the needs of the Army." You can also be detailed out of your MOS for special duty assignments, but that does not happen too frequently. That being said, all jobs are not available all the time. It depends on the MOS strength, or staffing numbers, for a particular MOS. That is all tracked and determined by HRC. That is how they determine what jobs are open, which jobs may earn you a bonus, and will eventually influence how quickly you are promoted later in your career.

Go see a recruiter, take your asvab, and weigh your options. Even if you are set on becoming a Marine, go visit the other recruiters: Army, Navy, Airforce, and the Coasties. It never hurts to know all the options and make an informed decision. You'll find that regardless of what branch you serve, there are still people out there that will talk shit. It is because, hopefully, everybody has pride in what they do. A Marine will think they are the baddest, just like a Soldier will probably think the same thing. Truth is, everyone has a unique mission, and they are all vital to our joint objectives. So whether you are combat arms or support, it takes an entire team to function meet mission success.

PS: I'm a former Active Duty Army medical NCO getting ready to attend OCS and will branch transportation, because I'm assigned to an Army Reserve Heavy Equipment Transportation Company. So my perspective is probably different from those DICKs that posted before. And gentlemen, I call you DICKs as a compliment (Dedicated Infantry Combat Killer).
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #40
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
my biggest regret so far in life is not going into the military right after high school. i was more focused on becoming a firefighter. now as selfish as it sounds, i am too good a spot to leave and enlist.

the Marines is where i would have gone. into the infantry.

all you military guys on here - thanks for everything you do. no joke.